IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first time I have seen things worded this way.
Snapchat murder girls, 13 and 14, may have taken chilling photo of cops’ main suspect moments before they were killed

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/29173...main-suspect-moments-before-they-were-killed/

I know we have all speculated to where the photo came from which brings me to What if's

None of us know what the trigger was that day we all know people respond differently to getting their picture taken unwantedly. I remember being at Macy's recently and this girl that had her pic taken by a woman was ready to throw down, security had to be called.

If that's not merely speculation then LE has a leak, either with their blessings or behind their back. Seems things are beginning to heat up... either because they know who he is and are closing in or LE is desperate and they are trying to flush him out. MOO that this was a planned meet up..timeline is way too tight, and he was very well prepared.

I'm sure if the man had witnessed the girls taking a photo of him, he would have concealed the phone or removed the battery and taken the phone with him. If this was found on the girls' phone, I don't think he saw them take it. It would have been deleted at minimum

It could have been removed on the phone, but still available on the cloud service. This is fairly typical now with both iCloud and Google.

I just have a feeling taking a photo of him wasn't his motive for killing them. I think that's what some of the other users are getting at. Based on the photos released, it looks like he's not even aware of the photos being taken.

I'm sure if the man had witnessed the girls taking a photo of him, he would have concealed the phone or removed the battery and taken the phone with him. If this was found on the girls' phone, I don't think he saw them take it. It would have been deleted at minimum

Very true, which makes me wonder if they even do have Liberty's phone? Whoever did this, why leave their phone?. I am not aware that LE has mentioned if they did recover LG's phone?

Very true, which makes me wonder if they even do have Liberty's phone? Whoever did this, why leave their phone?. I am not aware that LE has mentioned if they did recover LG's phone?

Correct, they haven not said.

Problem with snapchat is that the phone isn't needed to see the picture. Once girls went missing, friends and searchers probably started looking at snapchat, found the photo and grabbed a screenshot. LE hasn't provided the context of the photo. I am also guessing (JMO) that he used the area by the creek because it afforded a place to clean up...which could have meant throwing phones into the creek...sadly for him and lucky for us newer iPhones are waterproof... only speculation on my part of course.

I just have a feeling taking a photo of him wasn't his motive for killing them. I think that's what some of the other users are getting at. Based on the photos released, it looks like he's not even aware of the photos being taken.

I agree that he looks oblivious to the fact that those two frames were taken of him, BUT if there were more he could have been fully aware.

I think my post has been removed so sorry for breaking the rules.
I didn't think it was a rumour as it was on a friend of the girls parents Facebook.

I'm from the UK and I've been trying to keep up with these threads but they move fast.
I don't know why this case has touched me so much but it's heartbreaking.
It reminds of two best friends who were murdered here a few years ago.

If it's on social media, unless it is the victim themselves, or a named suspect, MSM, or LE it is considered rumour here. We can't discuss comments but can point people in the direction with a link and time of post, and initials of poster. ONLY IF it is on a page belonging to a victim, a named suspect, MSM (mainstream media) or police. Sometimes a specific facebook page or group is permitted under the same premise.

IE: We can't link or talk about what is on a member of the publics social media, even if they are family.

Does that make sense? lol Here is a link to the official rules (see social media) http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?159-The-Rules

Don't worry about making a mistake, we all do it. I've done it a ton and it took me over a year to even pluck up the balls to post!

:welcome: to what is still the best community on the net :) Another Brit here :wave:

I remember watching a crime story which happened a few years back of a truck driver (married with 2 children, I believe) who parked his truck at truck stops which were near enough to walk to areas where he committed his murders. He murdered a beautiful woman living alone in one area. He murdered a woman sitting outside talking on her phone (her husband was inside and was a suspect for some time). I can't remember how many women he killed, but his last "almost" victim was a young girl. He broke into her bedroom, and she managed to scream. Her dad and mom came running and her dad (with help from mom) held him until police got there. Looking through receipts in his long haul truck, they found he had been in areas where other murders were committed. They got him through those receipts. I say all that to ask if possibly this perpetrator could be a long haul trucker parking nearby and walked to this crime scene. I do hope the LE has checked the cameras at truck stops nearby.

I agree that he looks oblivious to the fact that those two frames were taken of him, BUT if there were more he could have been fully aware.

I'm assuming if he were aware, we could see more of his face because he would be looking directly at whatever was taking the photos. If that were the case, why wouldn't LE release those photos? Ugh so many unanswered questions!

I think my post has been removed so sorry for breaking the rules.
I didn't think it was a rumour as it was on a friend of the girls parents Facebook.

I'm from the UK and I've been trying to keep up with these threads but they move fast.
I don't know why this case has touched me so much but it's heartbreaking.
It reminds of two best friends who were murdered here a few years ago.

:welcome: Jennifer.K.

Whatever post was removed it sounds like it was because it was not MSM or LE sourced.
Family of victims cannot be sleuthed nor their SM discussed here. So a friend of the parents cannot be discussed either. That rule is to protect them in this difficult time as family are victims too.

Please read these links and if you have questions just ask :)

Social Media; - http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?291123-Social-Media-Facebook-Twitter-etc
Victim Friendly, social media links, etc.: - http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information
Alerts to Moderators: - http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?66336-Alerts-to-Moderators

I understand you are troubled by this case as so many are as well, and certainly your post was heart-felt.

I am not a Mod nor do I play one on TV but I am here to help.

Happy Sleuthing!

This is my feeling as well. Moderators are fast this morning... good job. I wish I could unread what I read, but I certainly won't be repeating it. There are good reasons LE keeps information protected, even if we don't like it we need to respect it.

Yes, they were SUPER FAST

I agree w your analysis. IMO he's a pro, and is not local. This case is similar to the Elizabeth and Lyric girls found murdered in Iowa about 5 yrs ago. I think it's possible the same guy.

I saw that too, however he has a large property and it would have been dark. Perhaps they were overlooked. I feel like it would have been a needle in a haystack during that time of day on his huge, hilly property. Sad either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There really is not that large of a wooded area to search in the immediate area from that bridge - likely a square mile or less. The volunteers would be familiar with the area since they have likely lived in the area all of their lives and I would expect the volunteer firefighters would have trained in that area at some time. There was no foliage to obscure views. No tall grass or weeds. They would have had light they carried with them and unless it was cloudy that night it was just past the full moon phase (about 95% full) on that specific night so that would help as well. They had 6 hours or more to search. I haven't seen a count of the number of searchers but it wouldn't surprise me if they numbered in the dozens.

These are among the things that give me the impression that their bodies were not there when the search took place. And this leads me to believe that LE might be looking for the murder scene. I could be wrong about this but I have such a hard time reconciling that they were not found the first night given how close they were found to that bridge - somewhere between 750 to 900 east from the northern end of it.

I was on my phone when the gif of the two photos was posted, (my phone won't do gifs) and now I cannot find it while on my computer. Did anyone save the link to bump it for others later? Can someone bump it please. Thanks.

I'm only interested in showing the angles of the boards, which should make it intuitively obvious to a casual observer that the video camera that took the video was not in a stationary place.

That, of course, assumes that the police didn't rotate the image in order to better frame the individual. The image is obviously cropped. I just can't tell what else was done to the original.

I'm assuming if he were aware, we could see more of his face because he would be looking directly at whatever was taking the photos. If that were the case, why wouldn't LE release those photos? Ugh so many unanswered questions!

Because they do not have the phone or the girls phone is not the source, honestly I do not believe the girls phone to be the source.

The photo taken of Abigail showed clarity and nice depth of field, the other picture does not seem to come from same phone even if digital zoom/ffc was used etc.

IMO I don't think there's anyway someone could be walking AND looking at anything but the rails below them they are trying not to slip through. Only if you were stopped and just standing there, so unless there's more pics of him somewhere other than on the bridge I think we are SOL on seeing his face.

I had suggested that too, and I think it might have been for a couple reasons - which are really variations of the same one. I thought he was wearing several layers of clothes to make himself appear heavier than he was, he could have also had a fake mustache, wig/hairpiece, contacts instead of glasses, etc. to help with disguising himself. The other reason would be to be able to remove a couple/few layers to get rid of any evidence of the girls - blood, hair, other DNA, etc. and not be recognized if seen by the same person both before and after. The extra clothes would also make it harder for them to scratch or bite him.

I don't think it is a disguise. Vagrants layer up, have facial hair, and long hair, because they are exposed to the elements. They also don't have access to hygiene supplies and facilities. I'd bet he left behind a camp LE found along with a lot of human waste=dna.

The below is merely jumping off your post to add more thoughts.

There was a mention by LE that he could have changed his appearance. IMO, they meant after the crime, not before.

Now LE is looking for information on a hitchhiker.

This guy looks just like the vagrants I used to run into on a biking trail I used to ride. I also lived in an area with lots of homeless. I carried a gun at all times. IMO, the POI in this case is of the group that sole purpose is to stay hidden. Their goal is to remain invisible at all costs. Even if they had money, they would still break into houses and businesses while they are empty. To steal what they need, food, liquor, drugs, booze. And while there they may make a sandwich and take a shower. They won't go into town our shop at a store.They do, from time to time, react impulsively and make a public appearance. Which I think happened in this case. The opportunity presented itself and he reacted. He may have even been laughed at by the girls and it pissed him off. I've seen that as well.

Whether the bridge is level or not, his gait is exactly like the vagrants I observed. They can't even stand still when standing still. Years of Alcohols and drug use has usually left them with neurological damage that causes their body to move oddly, even when they are sober.

I would love to look at the area crime logs for Breaking and entering and thefts.

Just my thoughts for the day.

Confusion, thanks for letting me jump off your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper