IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #50

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point! I believe this is it...and perhaps the suspect is not so much "attracted" to them because they are young, but because he can control them, unlike the other women in his life who made him feel powerless. Unfortunately, earlier in this thread when one keen sleuther shared an interesting piece of info that relates to your theory it was shot down and criticized by people who refuse to allow others to be free thinkers. I get turned off by this because I am interested to hear what others are finding and how it could possibly relate to this case.

I agree with you that I like to hear everyone's opinion. Ive learned to scroll and roll on some members posts as they seem combative and are not conductive to our purpose here of helping libby and Abby. I don't criticize because no one knows who is right and some of the opinions expressed here have changed my opinion so I enjoy reading everyone's opinion. Thanks for your reply!!

Sharp Point cemetery ... no.

The reason I suggested that the suspect likely parked at the cemetery bordering RL's property is because I think the suspect murdered close to his vehicle so he could out of there fast after the murders.

OTTTOOO did you edit your post? I swear I saw it say initially "the gothic house is a cemetery" ??? And I was fixin to reply to it and say whattttt? haha... ANYHOW, I just got it in my head that cemeteries play a role in this for sure (IMO).. I for sure think BG was at the cemetery at some point (the closer one)...I was just speculating maybe he exited along the back of everyone's property following the creek to the next cemetery. I remember seeing a picture of one of the girls fishing and there was also a graveyard next to that creek (which was not either of these but I cant recall the name of anything anymore..)...I started wondering if maybe someone who likes to hang out in graveyards or perhaps works at one (or more than one) has seen them before. As you can see I am getting tired, my sentences are no longer making sense and Im babbling...probably time for me to call it a night. LOL... its been a pleasure tossing ideas around with you today. Have a good night Yall.

I don't have the link at hand but LE stated this was "a complex case". A sly, meticulous predator who's connected to other homicides would fit the description. A connection could also explain why so few facts have been released.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It didn't take long for the man in the still photo to change from witness to suspect. Something as simple as all four girls being found face down (which we don't know) would be a connection but that would not be released to the public for obvious reasons.

Hi y'all!

I stopped posting about 10 threads back (!) mainly because I ran out of anything constructive to contribute and also because my thoughts and questions pretty much mirror some of the posts here. But I continue to read every day and I appreciate how y'all keep rolling through various theories.

I'm a little discouraged but I do know from other cases that a break can come at any time so I still hope that LE will solve the murders of Abby and Libby. For now I'm asking similar questions as this article:

Who is the man in the picture and how did he come in contact with the girls?
The man appears to be walking with his head lowered and his hands in his pockets. Police say the image is grainy because it was cropped out of a larger image taken Feb. 13. The rest of the image has not been released to the public.

Who was he directing in the voice clip? Where was he sending them?
Police said that investigators possess more footage from German's phone, but it will not be released due to the ongoing investigation. However, they have praised German for her heroic actions of turning on her phone camera in time to record the suspect.

Did he act alone?
When referencing the man in the picture, state police officials mention his believed participation in the murders, leaving the possibility open that he may have had help from someone else.

How were the girls killed?
Despite autopsies being completed, investigators have not released the cause of death for German and Williams.

There have been no mentions of observed wounds or trauma on the girls when their bodies were discovered. Police have also not said whether they are looking for a murder weapon of any kind.

What's next?
ISP officials said some investigators will continue working at the current command center, located in the former Carroll County REMC building at 119 W. Franklin St. in Delphi, while others from out of town or out of state will return to their "home base" and will still be within reach.
http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...-later-5-questions-delphi-killings/100413504/

While I'm of the opinion that it might benefit the investigation if LE were to release a bit more information I'm also well aware that they have much more information than I and well, I also have to trust that they have the experience and motivation to solve this case - way more than me anyway, lol. :slap:

In the meantime, carry on - all your thoughts are worthy of considering, plus I'm enjoying what y'all have to say. :seeya:

OTTTOOO did you edit your post? I swear I saw it say initially "the gothic house is a cemetery" ??? And I was fixin to reply to it and say whattttt? haha... ANYHOW, I just got it in my head that cemeteries play a role in this for sure (IMO).. I for sure think BG was at the cemetery at some point (the closer one)...I was just speculating maybe he exited along the back of everyone's property following the creek to the next cemetery. I remember seeing a picture of one of the girls fishing and there was also a graveyard next to that creek (which was not either of these but I cant recall the name of anything anymore..)...I started wondering if maybe someone who likes to hang out in graveyards or perhaps works at one (or more than one) has seen them before. As you can see I am getting tired, my sentences are no longer making sense and Im babbling...probably time for me to call it a night. LOL... its been a pleasure tossing ideas around with you today. Have a good night Yall.

I did ... totally read 15 as 13 and got it wrong, double checked, and made the correction.

I don't think this is related to cemeteries, I just think that the ring road on the cemetery is the best public parking spot to leave a vehicle while abducting and murdering two girls. What are the choices : North entrance parking, private drive way parking? Neither, but the cemetery is convenient to the murder location and public parking.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/29458...eving-grandfather-pays-heartbreaking-tribute/

"We are actually expanding out," Riley said. "We want people who may have seen somebody walking, that may have picked up a hitchhiker, that may have seen a hitchhiker around that afternoon."
and here:
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...g-road-near-delphi-police-want-to-talk-to-you

Video has the exact words from LE

Now that folks are supposing that there may have been more people involved, this seems more plausible, in a way, as a possible theory.

Perp could have been dropped off, done the deed, then been picked up by a co-conspirator. A little involved I must say, but plausible. Perp texts a cryptic message to the co-conspirator for pick up. That way there's no evidence of there being even a vehicle at the cemetery, or wherever.

I don't think the suspect walked, cycled, or hitch-hiked to the remote / secluded Indiana park where he murdered two girls. I think the suspect has a vehicle, like a truck, van, or SUV.

Is it your opinion that Abby and Libby just went compliantly to their deaths like lambs to the slaughter? Even lambs protest. Were there other people around the trail or bridge or do you know?

:moo:

I am exploring potential links of someone who WAS a local near Evansdale/Bremer County Iowa and IS NOW a local near Delphi, IN - or someone who travels between the Iowa and Indiana Hog Plants:

There is a business that raises hogs to sell to the Indian Packers Corp. in Delphi. It is located 4 miles from the Crime Scene. It opened in 2015 and their home base is in Laporte, Iowa. Laporte, Iowa is only 20 minutes away from where the Evansdale Murders of Lyric and Lizzie happened.

Could there be someone that is connected to this plant in some way - who would have cause to be in both the Evansdale, Iowa area and the Delphi, Indiana area in relation to their work? Could be anyone from a salesman, driver, manager, livestock caretakers, administrative, owner.

Here is a link to the company that has a location near Evansdale, IA and is now located in Delphi, IN.

Wiechman Pig Co. builds $1.3M facility near Delphi

http://www.jconline.com/story/money...ing-13-million-facility-near-delphi/74683840/

Call this in to tipline!! Very interesting!!!

It didn't take long for the man in the still photo to change from witness to suspect. Something as simple as all four girls being found face down (which we don't know) would be a connection but that would not be released to the public for obvious reasons.

Has LE walked back the statement by the FBI agent that no SK or similar and/or related crimes were suspected?

Is it your opinion that Abby and Libby just went compliantly to their deaths like lambs to the slaughter? Even lambs protest. Were there other people around the trail or bridge or do you know?

Not at all. I think the suspect came up from under the bridge, walked past them, checked to see that no one else was on the bridge, and walked back towards the girls at the SE end of the bridge. I think Libby put the phone in her pocket as he got closer, but kept recording. I think he talked to them to find out how their day was going, and that is what has been cut from the recording. The he told them to go "down the hill" and somehow this is when Libby was able to upload the video. That would have been at 2:30 and the last record of the suspect.

Aren't there 2 other teens/young women (sisters?) that are missing from Indiana as well? IIRC, it was around the middle of December that they disappeared.

Aren't there 2 other teens/young women (sisters?) that are missing from Indiana as well? IIRC, it was around the middle of December that they disappeared.

Do you remember names?

I'm looking alot into other attempted sexual assaults in Indiana in 2016 and 2017.Has this man ever been found? The woman was assaulted on a trail like Liberty German and Abigail Williams in Delphi Indiana.The woman was not assaulted in Delphi Indiana.The woman was led away from the trail just like Abby and Liberty were. http://cbs4indy.com/2016/08/05/woman-reports-sexual-assault-on-clear-creek-trail-in-bloomington/

If this was the suspect's first murder - which is possible - I don't believe it is the suspect's first assault against a girl, teen, or woman.

* WARNING *
GRAPHIC CONTENT !
Read with caution.

I've wondered if it is for drowning, but each time the children's remains are found a short distance(40-50 feet) from the river ... why drag a body if you don't have to. It's possible that proximity to water is to clean up - like a knife. A butcher would be comfortable turning someone on their stomach and slitting a throat like with animals ... less blood, just wash the knife and hands. Throw the coat away.

There must be something amiss that this man is murdering young girls, very likely because he is sexually attracted to them. What went haywire in his childhood that he is this man today? Does he like to murder near water because running water / creek has some significance (like a childhood memory)?

My take on the whole water aspect, and this goes from just from what I've read and what happened with a serial killer in my hometown a long time ago (he murdered a boy and a girl, on two different occasions in the 70's in a different city, then turned to prostitutes in my hometown after he got out of prison), is these SK's have interests just like the rest of us, like fishing and whatnot, but their subconscious attracts them to places where there is water, when they kill and/or dispose of bodies. I've watched documentaries about plays and movies, some of the plays go back back centuries (think Shakespeare and even older playwrights), and it always seems like there's a subconscious pull among us humans towards water. Hamlet comes to mind. Things haven't changed much with regards to murderers, in that respect.

It signifies cleansing, and other conscious and subconscious thoughts and feelings.

In re to the phone pinging all over town. My husband's co-worker's nephew went missing in our small town. A search was conducted over ten miles away - the last ping. My husband and I went to search.

Lo, and, behold, he was finally found in a pond blocks away from his last sighting.

IMO - You can't trust cell phone towers.

That would explain why the FBI was brought in so quickly.. if LE felt both sets of murders were connected.

Same here, in fact I wasn't aware FBI were involved until well after the fact. By that I mean it was quick, they were on scene within 24 hours, if I'm not mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required