IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not so ridiculous. Anyone carrying a cute little puppy would make anyone off their guard so would be a good move. Carry it across bridge in jacket. Put cute doggie down at end of bridge - 'g'down the hill' (to the dog maybe) while getting weapon out. JMO.

A puppy? The old puppy ploy has been around for ages, goes with a warning by parents to their very young children. The bad man will ask "can you help me find my puppy please?" Almost always there is NO dog. But the perpetrator attempts to lure the unsuspecting child closer and closer to their vehicle where the child will be taken by force.

Someone carrying a puppy along an abandoned rail line in order to stalk teenagers? Wouldn't a dog be a hinderance, might bark etc?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What about the search warrant?

I'm not saying he's involved, but was the search warrant related to the girls' murders?

(it's obvious the RL topic is shunned by many here, lol, but can someone explain the search warrant?)
Billy, it's good to talk about our opinions. It's unfortunate if opinions are put down because people will then not speak freely for fear of being criticised or ridiculed. The person who has been criticised may have more opinions and/or it will spark others opinions and thats the point of a forum
It is a different (better) atmosphere today, it's palpable. Free speech (within TOS of course). MOO.

Agree. The girls and possibly other evidence related to him only by location.

I really hoped something was going to come from their search but apparently they didn't get anything.

JMO etc.
Did they release results from the SW, it's been what about 6 weeks now?
I was away have no clue.

Does anyone have a link to the last time LE asked the public for tips? I know there's a link to the tip line at the bottom of most MSM articles, but I having a hard time finding where they've come out and asked. TIA!!

ALL JMO:

I believe his alibi didn't pan out (why he lied about his whereabouts, I dunno, but I don't believe it had anything to do with the murders). The bodies were found on his property, AND I think lots of people saw a resemblance between BG's photo AND RL (thru his media interviews/photos) and they called LE. So, the combination of location of bodies, bad alibi, and tip-callers... it was best for LE to go ahead and take steps to rule him in OR out.

Weeks have passed.... there is no evidence, AND the only thing we know for sure is... optimism within LE is not high.

Finally just caught up from last night. I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed the conversation since last night's 'shut-down'. It's nice to read posts, even with different opinions, being done so respectfully and without the snark.

You all rock! :yourock:

As far as the SW at RL's...I think it's pretty simple. The probable cause was probably from a combination of things.

1) The girls were found on his property
2) He lied to LE about his whereabouts that day because he was covering his own *advertiser censored** against a PV
3) Several online "detectives" called in "tips" on him.

All 3 of the above (jointly and severally) are enough to get a SW from any judge.

Is there an echo in here? :hilarious:

Good post, Fred&Edna!

Jmo, combo of bodies on his land and maybe lying about alibi was probably enough for search warrant.
My thinking exactly. LE probably didn't need anything else for "probable cause." Regardless, I'm glad LE did their due diligence. The fact that they've checked him out rather thoroughly, that they followed it up by discouraging people from making wild accusations about his involvement in the crime, and repeatedly said he's not a suspect, leads me to believe he really is not a suspect. But that's just me.

Does anyone have a link to the last time LE asked the public for tips? I know there's a link to the tip line at the bottom of most MSM articles, but I having a hard time finding where they've come out and asked. TIA!!
I thought that in the "not optimistic" interview the ISP person speaking asked for tips. That was what, 5-6 days ago?

RL has been photographed on his property talking on this phone as you said. i can't imagine that he was borrowing a phone while standing in the woods. We all take our phones with us, especially if we are out and about. I am confident that LE would look into where his phone was that day in the normal course of the investigation.

Agreed. I'm pretty sure LE knew all about RL's phone pings several weeks ago. Maybe that's how they caught him in the lie wrt his PV. They may have called him on it and he had no choice but to fess up.

A puppy? The old puppy ploy has been around for ages, goes with a warning by parents to their very young children. The bad man will ask "can you help me find my puppy please?" Almost always there is NO dog. But the perpetrator attempts to lure the unsuspecting child closer and closer to their vehicle where the child will be taken by force.

Someone carrying a puppy along an abandoned rail line in order to stalk teenagers? Wouldn't a dog be a hinderance, might bark etc?

I know, oldest trick in the book. If a gunshot goes unnoticed, then a puppy or little dog bark would deffo not be heard. Just would be needed to bundle them into a car boot parked under the bridge - abduction accomplished. Someone actually with a cute dog or a puppy we never suspect. If I see a guy walking alone on foot paths without a dog, I am suspicious. Just saying its not that ridiculous . JMO.

Yes. You've asked previously about where his phone pinged. So I'm wondering where it was mentioned that he had a phone and that LE was looking into where it was pinged. I'm sorry, I'm not getting the continued references to RL and the phone and search warrant. LE made a statement about the SW. I've never heard them address RL having a phone or being concerned with where it was pinging.

And yes, I know in one of the media vids he is holding a phone but that doesn't mean it was his or that he carried it or anything else.
I'm guessing here but, maybe BT was just wondering about it to rule in or out *their theory on if RL was in Delphi or Lafayette? Police didn't mention a phone at all, doesn't mean it's illogical to consider it. I'm not feeling RL is BG at all at this point but, he's definitely a curiosity for people and that's ok for me. YMMV

ETA * grammar error fixed

Billy, it's good to talk about our opinions. It's unfortunate if opinions are put down because people will then not speak freely for fear of being criticised or ridiculed. The person who has been criticised may have more opinions and/or it will spark others opinions and thats the point of a forum
It is a different (better) atmosphere today, it's palpable. Free speech (within TOS of course). MOO.
BBM

I'm so glad someone else noticed this. I couldn't agree more. Great post, Shire.

And on that note, unfortunately, I have to leave you wonderful people for a while. I look forward to reading each and every post I've missed when I return.

Have a great afternoon, all! :)

RL has been photographed on his property talking on this phone as you said. i can't imagine that he was borrowing a phone while standing in the woods. We all take our phones with us, especially if we are out and about. I am confident that LE would look into where his phone was that day in the normal course of the investigation.
I remember we talked a bit about his phone. Was it an old flip phone or a newer I-phone type?

My guess would be an old flip phone. Not many people use those anymore and those who do may not want to spend the money since what they have works just fine, it's ease of use and reliability and cost of usage.

So, my question, and it's a dumb one but I really don't know is.....
do they ping like the knew ones?
Are they as traceable as the new ones?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Agreed. I'm pretty sure LE knew all about RL's phone pings several weeks ago. Maybe that's how they caught him in the lie wrt his PV. They may have called him on it and he had no choice but to fess up.
Some of us are always forgetting to take our phone or purposely leave it at home if out on a walk in case we lose it. It wouldn't be an indication or an alibi for me I'm afraid. But I agree it could be for RL especially if he spoke to someone on it while in Lafayette. E.g. " can you come and pick me up in half an hour?" Moo.

Has liltexans been posting? I always liked the post updates they would throw out from media.

I'm here. Thanks for the compliment. I have mainly been lurking lately, but I still update the media thread for this case. I haven't found any new articles in the past few days.

Imo if someone can murder two innocent children, they wouldn't have an issue killing a dog. But I see where you're coming from

I thought that in the "not optimistic" interview the ISP person speaking asked for tips. That was what, 5-6 days ago?

Yes you are right. Capt.Berstein also goes on to say please do not enhance the photo.

He's looking for tips that confirm what they know but have not released to the public. Someone who knows specifics.

i think that is very plausible.

Is there an echo in here? :hilarious:

Good post, Fred&Edna!

Helluvvanechooooohhhhh!

I'm sorry as I would have given you full credit IF I followed along and read all the posts like I should do. Sadly I only skip around and just glance at these threads nowadays.

No wonder I respect your opinions :)

I'm out for a while, I'll pick up here layer. Everyone keep up the good work!And I also enjoy the atmospheres here today! Hope today is the day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3