IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #59

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We never get to see the profile? I thought I had seen it released to the public in previous cases, but I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The profile was released in Elizabeth and Lyric's case it really depends on the case and police department/FBI.

I agree whole heartedly. ❤️ It's only been three months, but Nana's posts seem an eternity ago. So many unsolved murder cases linger much longer.

It is so hard to understand, IMO, how this case has gone on unsolved with an image and voice capture available.

It's not the first time, though, and won't be the last, where the evidence was out there for all to see, and nothing resulted.

It is so durn frustrating, though.

I am still optimistic on the progress of the case. I feel like I am in the minority but I totally believe that, in this situation, lack of updates or information is a GOOD thing. I think they're holding back info and updates because they have a good handle on the case and any little bit that slips out could be detrimental. If they were still uncertain and had NO idea, I believe they would be releasing more information to some of the basic questions we have that they have yet to unanswer.

I am still optimistic on the progress of the case. I feel like I am in the minority but I totally believe that, in this situation, lack of updates or information is a GOOD thing. I think they're holding back info and updates because they have a good handle on the case and any little bit that slips out could be detrimental. If they were still uncertain and had NO idea, I believe they would be releasing more information to some of the basic questions we have that they have yet to unanswer.

I agree with you.

We never get to see the profile? I thought I had seen it released to the public in previous cases, but I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recall mention of the profile in some cases after a successful conviction, in how amazingly close it matched. But surely sometimes it's wrong, we humans are not always 100% predictable. So the danger of releasing a profile at this point is that LE is likely to only get tips based on the profile, but what if it was not accurate?

I recall mention of the profile in some cases after a successful conviction, in how amazingly close it matched. But surely sometimes it's wrong, we humans are not always 100% predictable. So the danger of releasing a profile at this point is that LE is likely to only get tips based on the profile, but what if it was not accurate?

I wonder what the success rate is..does anyone have any comparison profiles of killers caught, btw here is the Iowa case profile

http://whotv.com/2014/08/22/investigators-release-suspect-profile-in-murder-of-evansdale-cousins/

True... And since our opinions have him pegged down to approximately late 40's on average... I'm 30 and remember about when a lot of people started having GPS, about ten years ago, and I still kind of thought maps were just easier and more reliable but somebody bought me one. If someone were in mid 40's or so they'd probably have more experience with maps than GPS. All IMO.
I respectfully oppose that, 40s is nothing and very versed in computer or digital devices. Remember the birth of running around with gaming and building computers and setting them up with customized Linux OS's where you could actually do the work as opposed to buying things now where it's all done for you.

I respectfully oppose that, 40s is nothing and very versed in computer or digital devices. Remember the birth of running around with gaming and building computers and setting them up with customized Linux OS's where you could actually do the work as opposed to buying things now where it's all done for you.
(shout out to telnet circa 1993!)

I totally agree with this. I am 70 years old and started out on all the digital and computer stuff in my early forties, through my employment. There was a time when I was far more computer literate than my young adult daughters, although, they are better at social media than I am.

Perhaps tomorrow I can find the link. Two days ago I ran across an article where a man from Logansport said he liked to drive 20-30 minutes just for these trails and the bridge. From the tone of the article, certain people from outside of Delphi, but in the surrounding area, know about the bridge. They like to take their kids to walk and hike, etc.

I don't get the impression that this area is super unknown. It seems people do know about it, but those who like to hike and be outside, etc.

(shout out to telnet circa 1993!)
OT ��
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0741.jpg
    IMG_0741.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 513
I don't begrudge anyone anyone who thinks LE is 'building a case' before swooping in. I like hearing and understanding different opinions.

But usually LE doesn't sit back and 'build a case'. That's what attorneys do. Look how fast they retained a SW for RL's near the end of March. They weren't sitting back and building a case at that time. I do think and hope they are checking and double checking alibis.

I wish a private investigator would get involved. I'm not super confident this will be solved. Sometimes the shake up of a team is needed. Fresh eyes and new ideas.

I wonder what the success rate is..does anyone have any comparison profiles of killers caught, btw here is the Iowa case profile

http://whotv.com/2014/08/22/investigators-release-suspect-profile-in-murder-of-evansdale-cousins/

Thanks for the link. The character profile in that case resembles a few of the behaviours that LE have mentioned in this case.

I'm quite sure a full FBI profile is far more indepth as its completed by psychologists and psychiatrists. It contains details that wouldn't necessarily be helpful to the general public. During questioning, LE then frames queries around pieces of the profile. If the full profile was released, the perp would be aware of what traits and behaviours were identified in the profile and therefore might not be truthful, rendering the profile somewhat useless. MOO

I don't begrudge anyone anyone who thinks LE is 'building a case' before swooping in. I like hearing and understanding different opinions.

But usually LE doesn't sit back and 'build a case'. That's what attorneys do. Look how fast they retained a SW for RL's near the end of March. They weren't sitting back and building a case at that time. I do think and hope they are checking and double checking alibis.

I wish a private investigator would get involved. I'm not super confident this will be solved. Sometimes the shake up of a team is needed. Fresh eyes and new ideas.

I agree with you. I've never heard of "building a case" (aside from maybe a carpenter) as much as here. Generally someone believed to be involved at the very least will get charged with Obstruction of Justice (lying) or some other relatively minor charge directly associated to the homicide. Then everyone knows who the finger is pointed at and suddenly "oh ya" memories spring forth and even more evidence is compiled. (Much the same as RL except the opposite as LE repeatedly denied his charged were connected.)

In my opinion three months on and the seeking of "somebody must know" tips is not a positive sign. Unfortunately.

After reading the below I have a little more hope, they haven't released a suspect profile yet. Maybe, just guessing, maybe they don't want to spook someone by releasing the profile?

Mar. 8th as per report from Crime Watch Daily (Chris Hansen) "DELPHI, Ind. -- (WXIN) -- The FBI is putting together a suspect profile to help find the killer of two teen girls in Delphi.
Police say they’re getting closer to finding the suspect, who they believe could be a local resident. " So where's the suspect profile tho?
https://crimewatchdaily.com/2017/03...e-of-suspect-accused-of-killing-delphi-teens/

True. And I do know people of all ages who have one. It was my older sister (by about 20 years) who bought me one. Maybe I was a little more resistant to technology than most people my age at that time.. lol.

Praying every day for this ******* to be caught. My thoughts and prayers are with the Family, Friends and Residents of Delphi.

I agree with you. I've never heard of "building a case" (aside from maybe a carpenter) as much as here. Generally someone believed to be involved at the very least will get charged with Obstruction of Justice (lying) or some other relatively minor charge directly associated to the homicide. Then everyone knows who the finger is pointed at and suddenly "oh ya" memories spring forth and even more evidence is compiled. (Much the same as RL except the opposite as LE repeatedly denied his charged were connected.)

In my opinion three months on and the seeking of "somebody must know" tips is not a positive sign. Unfortunately.

I'm seeing this a bit differently. Given the mountain of tips to sort through, and what must be an equal amount of forensic tests, then the analysis the DA must do, I'd say this case is right on schedule.

Fear not, i am confident an arrest is coming. And yes, someone is looking over their shoulder. L.E.'s got this. No doubt in my mind.

I'm seeing this a bit differently. Given the mountain of tips to sort through, and what must be an equal amount of forensic tests, then the analysis the DA must do, I'd say this case is right on schedule.

Fear not, i am confident an arrest is coming. And yes, someone is looking over their shoulder. L.E.'s got this. No doubt in my mind.

Your scenario seems contradictory to me. If LE were "building a case" around a certain suspect, why would they continue to waste time, energy and resources on sorting through a mountain of tips and interviewing others?

Your scenario seems contradictory to me. If LE were "building a case" around a certain suspect, why would they continue to waste time, energy and resources on sorting through a mountain of tips and interviewing others?

True. In interviews LE keeps asking for tips to keep rolling in. Tips take a lot of resources and manpower to process which will cost the county $$.

I've honestly never heard so many people talk about building a case before he's even caught. That's not to say anyone's opinion is wrong. I love the positive energy so many of you have.

The 3 month mark is a perfect time for a new set of investigators to roll in. Still fresh in locals eyes, but not far enough in the future that it's forgotten. A new team needs to review this before Indiana runs out of resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties