IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have several acres and I'd never know if anyone cut through my property. Especially the back side of my property. Folks have to get about 200' from my house before my dogs even start barking.

I see what you are saying though.

There is a path on his property to the river. That part of interview made me think he was familiar with knowing how people went down to possibly fish.

I'm originally from Illinois farming community. Not far from Delphi. As a kid I grew familiar with how people accessed the property. But like you stated and I agree, there are some parts I wouldn't know if someone was present, but other areas, I knew where people went. If that makes sense.

Just bouncing off your post...

Off meaning phone powered down then it is impossible to send or receive any data.
i posted the article because the GPS location can still be tracked with your phone off.

also prior to the phones being turned off or having the battery die any incoming data could have created "pings" MP talks about. the girls did not have to be using the phone themselves for this to happen.

i posted the article because the GPS location can still be tracked with your phone off.

also prior to the phones being turned off or having the battery die any incoming data could have created "pings" MP takes about. the girls did not have to be using the phone themselves for this to happen.

Respectfully - It cannot be tracked with your phone off. There is no energy in the phone to transmit anything. There has to be power.

Also that information is found in both your links. The second link references a hack software from China that mimics turning your phone off so you think its off.

You're second BBM statement I agree with and even mentioned several posts back so I agree.

BBM

I'm not a screamer either, and haven't been since I was a toddler. When I was 13, I woke up about 5 am to find a drunken stranger sitting on my bed; I sat there and talked to him for an hour before I was able to get past him and go to wake my mother (we lived in a duplex at the time and he was there to kill his ex-wife who lived upstairs), I also went through rapes at 14, 16 and 18, and didn't scream during any of them either in spite of the bruises, etc. I ended up with. I've been really lucky that none of them had planned to kill me because I was about Abby's size and wasn't much of a fighter. I think they may have been like me and thought they should save their energy for trying to get away since there wasn't likely to be anyone within hearing distance of them anyway.

MOO
Sending extra hugs for you.

So maybe a local or maybe not?

Why the billboards? That question keeps coming up.

Bird of Paradise, when victim 19yo Jessica Chambers was immolated, the FBI placed billboards in six states and her killer was local who lived within a couple of miles from her home. There is a WS thread for her case. Killer's trial is set for June.

Their motivation for crossing the bridge? To take pictures is what 'lured' them to the spot. His 'fisherman' instincts? IDK.

I did not know that taking photos was the reason for their trip to High Bridge. Are you able to provide a link? TIA

IMO only, I live in a very small town, and while it's true that we may be more trusting, we are not naive...out of the 4000 people in my town growing up, even as a little kid, I knew to stay away from a few. It's like living in Picket Fences if you remember that show. Not so much Mayberry. I think these girls were bright and smart and clever. And we got a pic and audio from them.

I did not know that taking photos was the reason for their trip to High Bridge. Are you able to provide a link? TIA

Not my post but I will chime in...I am not sure where the media link is, but I was also under the assumption that they were there to take pictures. I *believe* it was something a family member said very early on (line on the 13th). I will also dig through the articles and see what was said to make me think that.

IMO only, I live in a very small town, and while it's true that we may be more trusting, we are not naive...out of the 4000 people in my town growing up, even as a little kid, I knew to stay away from a few. It's like living in Picket Fences if you remember that show. Not so much Mayberry. I think these girls were bright and smart and clever. And we got a pic and audio from them.

I totally agree. Small town girl here, also not naive. Yes, we know almost everyone in town but we're not sheltered and we DO occasionally leave. :) I have lived in the same 3,000-people town almost all my life but I have also been a post-war photographer, traveled extensively throughout the United States and abroad, and even lived overseas to receive my graduate degree. While I think it might have been true in the past that small town people might have had a different view of the world, I don't believe it's necessarily that way anymore. With the advent and popularity of the internet, the world isn't the same place anymore. You're no longer forced to only communicate with those that you see on a daily basis. Teens these days have friends with and communicate with people from all over the world. Even in my small, mountain town high school students and middle school students frequently take extended trips to Washington DC, NYC, and Chicago. I hesitate to refer to Abby and Libby, or anyone in a small town, as "naive" or to imply that they were somehow less "worldly" just because Delphi wasn't Indianapolis. It comes down to an individual thing and not something you can throw a blanket statement over anymore.

I was answering statements that said no evidence existed. I believe evidence is required to determine homicide e.g. in the form of a cause of death and autopsy report. The body is not evidence of homicide of itself IMO.

In an interview, LE was asked how they knew it was a homicide. Their reply was: The way the bodies were found.

Not for sure. Bass vs treble suggests musical notes to me, but I know you are getting at sound waves. With that, all kinds of things are possible, such as were they walking down a hill, around a hill, over water, and all that. You are way too smart for me! :)

Thanks for reading my mind which wasn't properly functioning when I wrote the post.
The too smart award goes to you my friend. :D

Imo
We don't know Jack.
We have no idea what they were going to do.
I think the pick up place was pre set.
So who.was to get them?
One person or 2 or 3?
What happened when they got there?
I'm very curious.

Correct. We have not been told specifically why the two girls went to High Bridge. Assuming it was for picture taking is not fair to the girls because it leads others to conclusions that may be false.
I agree the pick up location was pre-determined.

This is only an opinion: The girls had seen one or more individuals that caused them concern. They called or texted someone to pick them up early. When that person arrived, the girls were not seen, heard or located. Other family members were notified and so forth. By 5:30, the missing child report(s) was issued prompting the formal search began by LE/FF. Evidently, the family [wrongly] assumed the girls may have left with someone who posed no threat to their daughters.

Sorry to butt in here, but this thread seems to have the most "action"..I was posting in another thread (Robert "bonzai" Bee") that's close to my heart, but when I finished my post and posted "quick reply" I was "directed" to refresh and I didn't know what that meant and just logged out and logged back in but I lost my post..Again, sorry to interrupt here, but I don't know how to "refresh" and this thread seems to be the most active. TYIA

Not my post but I will chime in...I am not sure where the media link is, but I was also under the assumption that they were there to take pictures. I *believe* it was something a family member said very early on (line on the 13th). I will also dig through the articles and see what was said to make me think that.

Thank you, kindly, mtnlites. My recollection of SMS reports is that the girls went to Monon High Bridge to "hang out". I've never seen it stated or spoken that the two girls went to photograph the area. If this is not accurate, a correction is appreciated.

Sorry to butt in here, but this thread seems to have the most "action"..I was posting in another thread (Robert "bonzai" Bee") that's close to my heart, but when I finished my post and posted "quick reply" I was "directed" to refresh and I didn't know what that meant and just logged out and logged back in but I lost my post..Again, sorry to interrupt here, but I don't know how to "refresh" and this thread seems to be the most active. TYIA

Control R if you are on a laptop. If you are on any apple product, iPhone, iPad or mac hit the little 3/4 circle in the search bar all the way to the right (right as your looking at your screen).

Correct. We have not been told why the two girls went to High Bridge. Assuming it was for picture taking is not fair to the girls because it leads others to conclusions that may be false.

This is only an opinion: The girls had seen one or more individuals that caused them concern. They called or texted someone to pick them up early. When that person arrived, the girls were not seen, heard or located. Other family members were notified and so forth. By 5:30, the missing child report(s) was issued prompting the formal search began by LE/FF. Evidently, the family [wrongly] assumed the girls may have left with someone who posed no threat to their daughters.

BBM:
"Patty said it doesn’t surprise him that Liberty left police with that evidence because photography was one of her passions. It was the reason the girls were on the Monon High Bridge that Monday afternoon."

“She’s kind of a photo buff anyway, that’s why the girls were out there taking pictures,” said Patty. “That’s why they were out there in the first place – to catch the scenery.”
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/crime/delphi-indiana-who-were-liberty-german-and-abigail-williams

We HAVE been told why the girls went to the bridge that day. It's among the known facts of the case and is not an assumption.

Correct. We have not been told why the two girls went to High Bridge. Assuming it was for picture taking is not fair to the girls because it leads others to conclusions that may be false.

If they called someone to pick them up early because they saw a person who caused them concern, wouldn't the disappearance have been reported at 3:30 instead of 5:30?

If they called someone to pick them up early because they saw a person who caused them concern, wouldn't the disappearance have been reported at 3:30 instead of 5:30?

I would also think the person they called or texted would come forward and say something.

BBM:
"Patty said it doesn’t surprise him that Liberty left police with that evidence because photography was one of her passions. It was the reason the girls were on the Monon High Bridge that Monday afternoon."

“She’s kind of a photo buff anyway, that’s why the girls were out there taking pictures,” said Patty. “That’s why they were out there in the first place – to catch the scenery.”
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/crime/delphi-indiana-who-were-liberty-german-and-abigail-williams

We HAVE been told why the girls went to the bridge that day. It's among the known facts of the case and is not an assumption.

Thanks Steleheart. Just curious, why do others think them taking photos could lead to wrong assumptions? It's a beautiful area, seems perfect for nature photos. I head into the mountains and lakes to take photos all the time. Just not sure what I'm missing! Thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teemariee