IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are probably right about the bridge--except I don't see any power lines above Abigail in the fishing pic. And the bridge she is in front of looks like a smaller bridge than the 421 crossing. There are a lot of bridges like the one she is in front of in Delphi.

It's interesting to try and figure out, only what I was looking for is moot if the bridge isn't Monon. I wondered how well the girls knew the land that is private property near to the bridge. And if Abigail was fishing there at some point, then I would have assumed they knew it well.

They could still have explored this area. They seemed like adventurous girls. But there is no proof either way---so my thought isn't really relevant anyway. But interesting to know more about the area, even so.

attachment.php

-Nin

Attachments

• abby fishing  power lines.jpg
    abby fishing power lines.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 403
The only Sting Rays I know of are the bicycles back in the 60s....

So nothing new....

TIA!
Or they could be found swimming around in the Ocean.
LE would use Sting Rays if the killer was making taunting calls. It would lead them to the location the calls were coming from.

Checking back in after a break. So maddening to have no arrest yet.

With so many points debatable and contentious, I keep thinking about one thing that seems ironclad to me: that the reward amount is way enough for anybody to turn BG in by anybody who even remotely recognized him from the sketch. Even a wife or girlfriend or mother. I have no doubt in my mind about that whatsoever.

That leads me to wonder about the accuracy of the sketch.

I'm sure the reward has produced hundreds or thousands of tips, and wonder if he's already been called in, but I feel like LE is so invested in tracking leads in this case that it isnt like there are hundreds of tips laying around on a desk waiting to be investigated.

It also makes me believe he lives in another state where the sketch and the crime were not given the same level of publicity as in Indiana.
I wish the sketch could be given another boost of national exposure.

<snip>
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Hatfield,
Post 382 May2017 Thread #32
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Hatfield
There is a news video clip below at 1:00 and 1:50 where that friend (neighbor)is being interviewed at the location where bodies (CS)were found.
<snip>
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...y#post13239846

:cow:

Were you able to get the link to work? I couldn't and when I searched the title the video was just of RL. tia

Clarification on pointing out the neighbor in the video.Hope this helps.

ezrah,I apologize in my above post;the neighbor(friend) is in the video at the 1:50 point.

If you slide the video bar to the 1:50 point that is where you see RLs neighbor.The neighbor(friend) is wearing a all camouflage hat,coat and pants with an orange hoodie peaking out the neckline of his jacket, He looks a lot like RL with the grey facial hair.

Clarification on pointing out the neighbor in the video.Hope this helps.

ezrah,I apologize in my above post;the neighbor(friend) is in the video at the 1:50 point.

If you slide the video bar to the 1:50 point that is where you see RLs neighbor.The neighbor(friend) is wearing a all camouflage hat,coat and pants with an orange hoodie peaking out the neckline of his jacket, He looks a lot like RL with the grey facial hair.

Thanks for reposting! That link did work for me. That's the guy I was referring to. Am I correct that neighbor was the searcher who found the girls?

Thanks for reposting! That link did work for me. That's the guy I was referring to. Am I correct that neighbor was the searcher who found the girls?

It is not public knowledge, who located the victims.

-Nin

Checking back in after a break. So maddening to have no arrest yet. <br>
<br>
With so many points debatable and contentious, I keep thinking about one thing that seems ironclad to me: that the reward amount is way enough for anybody to turn BG in by anybody who even remotely recognized him from the sketch. Even a wife or girlfriend or mother. I have no doubt in my mind about that whatsoever. <br>
<br>
That leads me to wonder about the accuracy of the sketch. <br>
<br>
I'm sure the reward has produced hundreds or thousands of tips, and wonder if he's already been called in, but I feel like LE is so invested in tracking leads in this case that it isnt like there are hundreds of tips laying around on a desk waiting to be investigated.<br>
<br>
It also makes me believe he lives in another state where the sketch and the crime were not given the same level of publicity as in Indiana.<br>
.<br>
I wish the sketch could be given another boost of national exposure.
Maybe its time for 48 hrs or Dateline to do an episode. Or family members could appear on the Dr. Phil show.

Have LE mentioned if they are/have requested a "Tower Dump" .... to track n trace any/all cell phones within the area of Monon Bridge on the date/time.

?? Would it be feasible ... due to the Hoosier-Heartland Hwy .... Maybe too much traffic ?? ........ needle in a haystack situation.

I hope they have given it a shot though .....

I mean no offence to anyone and don't wish to upset the thread. However, I do find all these questions about LE or FBI did or didn't do slightly irritating. If you are part of LE or FBI, of course, you are going to enhance and get the best photo available, Of course, you are going to do voice recognition and accent, dialect, of course, you are going to do profiling, of course, you are going to do the internet, phone traffic investigations and of course you are only going to ask the General Public for the information you need. Asking for enhanced photographs is as much use as a chocolate fire guard, FBI LE have already done it and asked the General Public for help.

What may help is the voice was analyzed where was it thought to have originated from? (That may ring a bell with someone somewhere)

Sorry to sound off no offence meant to anyone I am sure LE/FBI have done all the obvious.

Cheers
Reacher

If RL is being jailed for his protection, why did LE wait so long to do this? Why the ruse? Why not just place a squad car out in front of RL's home to keep him safe? RL's home wasn't even the first searched. The first home searched was an hour away on Bicycle Bridge Road.

Really stop and think if this makes sense.

Bicycle bridge road is not an hour away. It's on the west side of Delphi. Not quite sure what you are getting at here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What makes you so sure this is Monticello rather than Delphi? Not that it really matters. If it's not the Monon Bridge, it negates my whole reason for being interested. But curious is all.

The river in this picture in almost 3 times as wide as deer creek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What makes you so sure this is Monticello rather than Delphi? Not that it really matters. If it's not the Monon Bridge, it negates my whole reason for being interested. But curious is all.

There are no power lines going across the Deer Creek. Measure the width of the creek and measure and compare the position of the pilars including the fact, that the Monon bridge pilars are not concreted all the way to the top but show the metal trestle construction:

attachment.php
attachment.php

-Nin

Attachments

• abby fishing light.jpg
    abby fishing light.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 306
  • monon27.jpg
    monon27.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 305
I mean no offence to anyone and don't wish to upset the thread. However, I do find all these questions about LE or FBI did or didn't do slightly irritating. If you are part of LE or FBI, of course, you are going to enhance and get the best photo available, Of course, you are going to do voice recognition and accent, dialect, of course, you are going to do profiling, of course, you are going to do the internet, phone traffic investigations and of course you are only going to ask the General Public for the information you need. Asking for enhanced photographs is as much use as a chocolate fire guard, FBI LE have already done it and asked the General Public for help.

What may help is the voice was analyzed where was it thought to have originated from? (That may ring a bell with someone somewhere)

Sorry to sound off no offence meant to anyone I am sure LE/FBI have done all the obvious.

Cheers
Reacher

Thank you.

-Nin

I've been researching the area and I've found that many people travel to Delphi from other areas for the purposes gold prospecting. There is some videos of people prospecting from the creek beneath the bridge. I'm not sure what other reason someone (from out of town) would have for being on the trail, there's nothing else special about it AFAIK, right?

i am not sure about this... the girls are from the area and most likely did not travel to that part of town to prospect. it was probably an area they had visited before, as parents let them go without an adult present. the girls are from delphi, and people from surrounding areas do not go to delphi for gold prospecting... honestly people don't really go to delphi at all unless they have a specific reason.

It is not public knowledge, who located the victims.

-Nin

Thanks for the reminder Nin. The searcher who found them is just referred to "as a neighbor" so not specific to anyone.
"The gruesome discovery was made on Ron Logan’s 40-acre lot by a neighbor who volunteered to help with the search." from Fox 59

Cheers
Reacher

JMHO I view it as more of frustration that no arrest has been made and sometimes naiveté perhaps. Thanks, now I'm craving chocolate!

i am not sure about this... the girls are from the area and most likely did not travel to that part of town to prospect. it was probably an area they had visited before, as parents let them go without an adult present. the girls are from delphi, and people from surrounding areas do not go to delphi for gold prospecting... honestly people don't really go to delphi at all unless they have a specific reason.

mads127, welcome to Websleuths!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member