IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! As in "wow, I have no idea what you're talking about". But I'm sure some people do. Kudos to those. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Isn't it just wonderful to have various member who share their skills and knowledge?

If you haven't read the image thread, do take a glance. We learned about image compression and artifacts and why there isn't a puppy under his jacket or people hiding in the treetops. :D

Isn't it just wonderful to have various member who share their skills and knowledge?

If you haven't read the image thread, do take a glance. We learned about image compression and artifacts and why there isn't a puppy under his jacket or people hiding in the treetops. :D
Yes I second that and we did have a laugh or two at our own expense a few times. :cow:
:smile:

If anyone is local to Indiana and reading along could you explain mushroom hunting in the area? Could that have been a reason for perp knowing that area and imo possibly being comfortable walking the bridge? tia

I'm a few hours away in Ohio. Not too familiar with mushroom hunting. However, I am a hunter who has spent many hours in a tree stand with nothing but the sounds of nature and my own thoughts. If he is a hunter he very well could have spent hours upon hours on that land with plenty of time to plan this thing out. He also could be someone who is familiar with the land from spending time there as a kid.

I have hunted many different places in my years and if you asked me to map out land I haven't hunted in 20 years I could. I could map it out in great detail. This dude definitely knew the land. I don't think this is a crime where the killer figured out the location from google maps. This guy knew this area very well. He was very comfortable on the bridge. Anyone remotely scared of heights wouldn't be able to walk that bridge. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the video with the reporter saying the house searched is about 10 minutes from the CS.There was another news agency with a reporter standing right in front of the address plaque but every link I go to shows that having been removed(not found),so perhaps it has been pulled all over.At any rate,this video will tell you the distance. http://fox59.com/2017/02/16/isp-ser...-with-deaths-of-delphi-teens-no-arrests-made/

I'm a few hours away in Ohio. Not too familiar with mushroom hunting. However, I am a hunter who has spent many hours in a tree stand with nothing but the sounds of nature and my own thoughts. If he is a hunter he very well could have spent hours upon hours on that land with plenty of time to plan this thing out. He also could be someone who is familiar with the land from spending time there as a kid.

I have hunted many different places in my years and if you asked me to map out land I haven't hunted in 20 years I could. I could map it out in great detail. This dude definitely knew the land. I don't think this is a crime where the killer figured out the location from google maps. This guy knew this area very well. He was very comfortable on the bridge. Anyone remotely scared of heights wouldn't be able to walk that bridge. IMO

What are the hunting regulations in the area? If there is a designated walking path, one would think hunting wouldn't be allowed anywhere near there.

It's tough to think the perp would spend hours hunting mushrooms or animals, risking being seen by so many people, and then up and deciding to kill two girls.

This was too quick, and clean like it was planned. If the witnesses saw him along the path, then it was likely he was there hunting for a victim.

Mushroom hunters generally eat what they find although a few are successful enough to make a few extra bucks. Mushroom hunters tend to cover a lot of ground and most do travel to places there are known as productive grounds.

What are the hunting regulations in the area? If there is a designated walking path, one would think hunting wouldn't be allowed anywhere near there.

It's tough to think the perp would spend hours hunting mushrooms or animals, risking being seen by so many people, and then up and deciding to kill two girls.

This was too quick, and clean like it was planned. If the witnesses saw him along the path, then it was likely he was there hunting for a victim.

Maybe the perp was hunting those mushrooms another time that's why he knew of the place. Also the hunting information to me was explaining how it's no big deal to wait all day in the woods waiting because they have done it before. It's not meaning the perp was literally hunting that day.

Just one of many theories that are plausible at this point.

Yeah I don't think he was hunting at the time. I'm saying he could have hunted there in the past. Given the fact this dude killed two teens girls there in broad daylight, I really don't think he'd care much about hunting regulations or where you can or cannot hunt. In Randy's YouTube video he shows a tree stand southwest of the cemetery. I think it's safe to say people hunt in this area. JM also mentions an old tree stand in one of her videos towards the south end of the bridge.

ETA: I'm saying If this guy hunted there in the past. He could have spent hours upon hours planning this out while hunting. Sometimes I go on it in the woods before daylight and hunt until dark. Just collecting my thoughts, Writing jokes, blowing off steam. BG very well could have planned all of this while doing just that.

Just thought I'd move this over here, along with the additions that were suggested.

Known Facts

The girls were on the bridge
BG was on the bridge
The girls were dropped off on the north side of the creek/trail
The bodies were found on the north side of the creek
They were found about 50' from the creek south of the cemetery
The girls were dropped off by LG's sister by 1:45 (I'm not sure if the 1:45 time has been confirmed)
DG tried to reach them around 3:00 without any luck
Other people were on the trail and bridge close to that time period
There is a video (and we have stills from it) of the "main" suspect
There is a recording of the suspect's voice
There is a sketch of the suspect which is a composite of information from witnesses
The bodies were found on RL's property
RL is not a suspect
Libby was taking pictures
There was no school that day
The weather that day was seasonally mild
Within walking distance of the crime scene, there is a meat packing plant, a quarry, a recycling station, several homes (some empty, some not), a few roads (from gravel to highways)
Both girls died
The photos and video stills show they were on the south end of the bridge at one point
They crossed the creek twice one way or another
There were some footprints that led to the bodies.
Libby's phone was recovered
The crime scene was taped off
Nothing other than the entrance to the bridge was taped off on the south side of the creek (possibly a small area surrounding the entrance to the bridge)
RLs property, house, outbuildings, white truck were searched
Property across from RLs house where grain bin is located also searched
Creek flow was 70% above normal
The video is of the suspect.The voice is of an unknown subject.

Yeah I don't think he was hunting at the time. I'm saying he could have hunted there in the past. Given the fact this dude killed two teens girls there in broad daylight, I really don't think he'd care much about hunting regulations or where you can or cannot hunt. In Randy's YouTube video he shows a tree stand southwest of the cemetery. I think it's safe to say people hunt in this area. JM also mentions an old tree stand in one of her videos towards the south end of the bridge.

ETA: I'm saying If this guy hunted there in the past. He could have spent hours upon hours planning this out while hunting. Sometimes I go on it in the woods before daylight and hunt until dark. Just collecting my thoughts, Writing jokes, blowing off steam. BG very well could have planned all of this while doing just that.

It would be interesting to note the locations and site lines of the tree stands then.

Could he have watched the girls get dropped off and the lack of witnesses in either direction, then time the meeting point at a strategic location?

It's unlikely, but curious all the same.

It would be interesting to note the locations and site lines of the tree stands then.

Could he have watched the girls get dropped off and the lack of witnesses in either direction, then time the meeting point at a strategic location?

It's unlikely, but curious all the same.

He definitely could have. However, I wouldn't think he would do that in his blue coat and blue jeans. Plus witnesses say they same him on the trail that day. In my opinion the witnesses most likely saw him before the murders, not after

He definitely could have. However, I wouldn't think he would do that in his blue coat and blue jeans. Plus witnesses say they same him on the trail that day. In my opinion the witnesses most likely saw him before the murders, not after

That's my thoughts as well. He likely had to expose himself to the risk of being seen in order to come across a victim, as well as scout for space between the victim and potential witnesses.

If there was a plan to be stealthy and stalk, he'd likely have worn at least a little camouflage.

Yes, I'm thinking along the same line of perp being acutely familiar with the area and that bridge. I'm still wondering if there's a connection to the Iowa case of Lyric and Lizzie. I ran across an LE statement in that case and that's where the mushroom questions I was asking came from. This LE statement was talking about how remote the Seven Bridges area is and their belief that the person(s) responsible for that Iowa crime had intimate knowledge of that area.

"We are asking that everyone think about anyone they know who is familiar with Seven Bridges. At some point in their life, they may have hunted there. They may have fished there. At some point in their life, they may have camped there. They may have gone there to "party" when they were younger. They may have gone mushroom hunting there. We want to know about anyone who is familiar with Seven Bridges."

That description is what I've been thinking about the Delphi case. I don't think perp just stumbled across Monon High Bridge. All MOO

Random thought while looking through the image thread.

His jeans look brand new. They look very stiff and too big. I'm not convinced that these are normal clothes for him. I think it's very possible that he purchased these clothes specifically to commit a crime. And specifically bought them too big to help hide his build just in case he was seen

I don't think anyone should get too caught up in what he was wearing, he could be a guy who is normally in a suit or different clothing. I think some characteristics like loner or hunter have been cast upon him based on what he's wearing. Keep in mind that these clothes could very well be new and simply what was practical for what he planned to do that day. If you know someone who shares his facial features, report it. Even if you've known him for 10 years and never seen him in jeans before.

I also don't think he has a pouch. I think he has on a hoodie(probably zip up) layered with a blue coat over it. It is lifted up on his right side as he reaches into his hoodie pocket, likely to get his weapon as he approached the girls. He is likely right handed.

The news that the camera was front facing and shot over Libby's shoulder also makes me feel reasonably sure that he grabbed Abby first and used her to control Libby, who chose to try to save her friend over running to save herself.

I know some of this has been discussed over and over. But, as I said previously, I'm playing catch up here and information shared while I was on my break from the case has firmed a few things up for me. Plus we really don't have much else to discuss anyway

IMO there's no way to tell if his jeans are new or old. I wear Levi's and they are just as stiff after a couple years as they are new. The stills are so overexposed and pixelated, I'm not sure there's much to take from them.

On the other hand, if they are oversized, maybe he's wearing waders under them?

Either side of the bridge, the bridge itself and the land at the south end is all private property. The official trail ends at the north end of the bridge. There was even a deer stand on the land to the east of the bridge so it obviously is hunting land. There are pics of the deer stand way back in the threads somewhere. The poster who put the pic on here may be able to post it again for us, as the hunting subject has come up again.

Eta I see OP have stated similar about the deer stand.

The video is of the suspect.The voice is of an unknown subject.
I believe LE have now said they believe the voice is that of BG. I came across that recenty from one of the interviews but cannot remember where or when so it will have to be how now brown :cow: for the time being.

If anyone is local to Indiana and reading along could you explain mushroom hunting in the area? Could that have been a reason for perp knowing that area and imo possibly being comfortable walking the bridge? tia

Or arrowheads.

From early on, I've thought that this guy has interests which may have drawn him to the area, before.

JMO

Yes, I'm thinking along the same line of perp being acutely familiar with the area and that bridge. I'm still wondering if there's a connection to the Iowa case of Lyric and Lizzie. I ran across an LE statement in that case and that's where the mushroom questions I was asking came from. This LE statement was talking about how remote the Seven Bridges area is and their belief that the person(s) responsible for that Iowa crime had intimate knowledge of that area.

"We are asking that everyone think about anyone they know who is familiar with Seven Bridges. At some point in their life, they may have hunted there. They may have fished there. At some point in their life, they may have camped there. They may have gone there to "party" when they were younger. They may have gone mushroom hunting there. We want to know about anyone who is familiar with Seven Bridges."

That description is what I've been thinking about the Delphi case. I don't think perp just stumbled across Monon High Bridge. All MOO

It's my amateur opinion that this could, in fact, be a serial killer. Yes, I believe the possibility of a connection to the Lizzie and Lyric case should be vigorously examined. I would also like to see the forestry folks in the border states within close proximity to post the Perp's picture at the entrance of every hiking trail within a rational radius. Seems prudent, although an enormous task.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1