IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting that; really informative. Just some notes taken from those 3 pages:

1. Technically, he had a warrant out NOT for simple "failure to register" in IN (because he WAS in the IN system), but for moving to a new residence (CO) without telling officials his new address. In the list of 5 items listed on page two, the infraction is bolded:

"You commit a felony if you knowingly or intentionally: (5) do not reside at your registered address."

That answers my earlier confusion.

2. It's interesting to note that his wife files for divorce in April 2017. But on Apr 10, DN calls in to report his 'new' address as being at the InTowne Suites Motel, and then Apr 12, goes in person to sign documentation and leave thumbprint on pages asserting that is his new address.

That SAME day (April 12) is also when he and wife KN leave the motel for their [eventual? in May?] move to CO (also according to affidavit and manager's statement).

3. On July 17, 2017 the BG sketch is released; a DAY later, on Jul 18, 2017, Sgt Pfifer (of this affidavit) opens his investigation into why this guy is NOT at the address he's listed (the motel).

They were hot on his heels without knowing it, perhaps. (IF this is the guy...).

I think the killer's DNA was not found at the scene to the great surprise of LE...I also (MOO) think no sexual assault ( I have thought that for a long long time) As to motive? only the killer knows... I do believe (MOO ) that DN killed Tim Watkins, have a hard time figuring that motive out as well as the motive for chasing people around with hatchets...other than, I hate to say this but, the killer whomever he may be gets high off of the kill itself and doesn't need a physical sexual act to achieve it.... ick need a shower now.

thrill killer

Kudo's to the friend of the cyclist for using his situational awareness and snapping a picture of the red car passing again! Makes me want to go back through all of the media footage taken, particularly the ones where RL was on his land. Could DN be in any of the media interviews?
I want to go back through it all too now. Very good question.

Sent from my Alcatel_4060A using Tapatalk

From above:

"Sheriff Tobe Leazenby wouldn't go into detail about what detectives have figured out so far. He did*say there were pieces of similar information that related to the case that led to Nations.

He also said people should not get their hopes up just yet and he stressed this lead is being followed up just like any other.

"We've been high and we've been low so we're, as the saying goes cautiously optimistic with this kind of information that comes into us," said Leazenby."
I don't think they have had any other leads IMO.

From WLFI channel 18's 6 o'clock news that just aired:

They could know as early as tomorrow if DN is a suspect.

They spoke to a coworker and property owner of a farm that he worked on for 6 months until late [2015 or 2016 it kind of contradicts itself]. Said that he keyed his car and slashed his tires. Damaged tree with a hatchet. Always wore a hat similar to the one in photo. Coworker said that she listened to the audio and it "might be him".

Libby's grandparents and Abbey's mom spoke on camera and have their fingers crossed but are trying not to get their hopes up.

http://fox59.com/2017/09/28/former-employer-of-delphi-person-of-interest-he-wasnt-a-good-guy/

I found this interesting! He was hired to help with livestock. Could he have been hired by RL to help with his horses?

So, to answer Margarita's earlier question, it appears he may have been in Martinsville, IN in the spring (May) of 2015. (Was she the one questioning if DN might be involved with the Jacoby case, or was that another poster? Going on memory, here.)

From the article:

[SF] says she hired Daniel Nations to work on her family’s livestock farm in the spring of 2015. The two were introduced by a mutual acquaintance.

Hard to believe that no DNA would have been left at Delphi crime scene, if they were killed by a sex offender. Unless this guy is a sniper-type and just shoots from a distance. Not sure what to think. And no charges for cyclist murder yet?

[bbm]

which photo?

From WLFI channel 18's 6 o'clock news that just aired:

They could know as early as tomorrow if DN is a suspect.

They spoke to a coworker and property owner of a farm that he worked on for 6 months until late last year. Said that he keyed his car and slashed his tires. Damaged tree with a hatchet. Always wore a hat similar to the one in photo. Coworker said that she listened to the audio and it "might be him".

Libby's grandparents and Abbey's mom spoke on camera and have their fingers crossed but are trying not to get their hopes up.

I don't know about COD, it's been sealed, but I do remember how shaken LE seemed at the first presser. I remember them saying the murder was the stuff nightmares are made of. I remember them discussing a twist..

Me too.

Any cause of death would be pretty horrifying when finding bodies of children out in the open... LE being shaken seems perfectly normal to me, this is smalltown USA.

IF DN ended up being the Delphi perp how amazing a coincidence it would be that BOTH cases were solved in part because of photographic evidence tying him to both crimes? Unheard of, at least by me.

I surely hope this lead gets LE to our girls' killer(s)

Reading this affidavit and seeing the dates, it appears that someone compared the sketch to this guy’s RSO photo and/or other mugshots (as suggested above). Why else would a detective accompany the sheriff’s office to a Motel room to check on his presence? Unless I’m missing something…

Yes, they went to hotel May 1st, talked to manager, went back May 12th and he was gone per manager.

Seems they would have asked manager to let them know when you see him.

Ball dropped.

The media is running with this.

This feels like the movie "Jaws" to me. When early in the movie they catch a shark after the attacks. Everyone thinks it's that shark. They cut him open and there's all kinds of things inside, license plates, etc, but no human remains...If they only knew how much bigger the real shark was.
Margarita - read the link that I just quoted that Rossy Mom (and Daaey) posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper