IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://amp.jconline.com/amp/713451001

"He said police also have obtained samples of Nations' DNA, which has become a common procedure over the course of the seven-month-long investigation. He added that the samples will be compared to evidence gathered at the crime scene."

Sgt. Riley

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

This link says "matter of days". Did I dream that one of the parents/grandparents said they might know today?

I cannot believe your post. Many people are homeless and destitute without turning to murder. Are you really believing this was his motive? How does murdering three people and chasing people with a hatchet help to feed and clothe ones family?
In fact it is the opposite. Chasing his employer with a hatchet lost him his home and job and the means to support his family.

I never said that the homeless and destitute are murderers. Please don't take my post that way. I am trying to get into DN's head and his particular situation, I am certainly not making generalizations about the homeless population. DN and his family are homeless in Colorado. I think we can agree on that much. Also, I listed my post as MOO, and yes if he turns out to have killed TW I believe the stress of trying to provide for a young family through a Colorado winter could lead someone who is severely mentally unstable ( talking just about DN here not making any other generalizations) to lash out at others. It doesn't make any sense logically to you or I because no, it certainly doesn't help his situation at all. But he doesn't think like you or I do. IMO he runs on emotion not logic. You don't have to agree with me, the thing about opinions is that everyone has one.

y
The ex coworker said Nations also used to wear a hat very similar to the one in the composite sketch. Maybe soon we will have confirmation from LE if he's the BG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have to wonder if anyone that knew him called LE?

y Have to wonder if anyone that knew him called LE?

I'm wondering about the witness who recently provided the sketch. This person specifically said "the eyes are not blue".

Does anyone know how the possible connection between DN in Colorado and the Delphi murders was initially raised? Did Colorado LE notify Indiana LE, or vice versa? And do we know anything about how/why that happened? TIA

Does anyone know how the possible connection between DN in Colorado and the Delphi murders was initially raised? Did Colorado LE notify Indiana LE, or vice versa? And do we know anything about how/why that happened? TIA
CO notified IN.

This link says "matter of days". Did I dream that one of the parents/grandparents said they might know today?
Maybe! Wishful thinking...[emoji4]

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Brainscratch has a new video up of DN on YouTube. Not linking but worth watching.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

y Have to wonder if anyone that knew him called LE?
yes, even if people who knew him didn't recognize the photo or voice, his anger, his threatening behavior and known sexual misconduct had to have made someone consider him. I don't think it is a coincidence that LE tried to visit him the day after they released the sketch.

There were reports of someone in a red car that was threatening bikers with a hatchet on a trail. The police then spotted this same red car and waited for DN and his wife to get back in the car where they proceeded to pull them over for a busted tail light. It was then that they noticed that the car had expired INDIANA license plates on it. That, coupled with the fact that he was threatening people on a hiking/biking trail in the woods with a hatchet caused their alarms to go off. They also found a hatchet and rifle in the car. I hope I have all that information correct. If not, anyone can add or clarify if they wish.

No, it doesn't seem to be known exactly what led CO to notify IN, but if you will excuse my total MOO rant; I horrifically suspect that it was the ax/hatchet of DN's that was the red flag. If so... and while I realize that LE thinks that they have their valid reasons for withholding info on cases... I think it's awful that they wouldn't release the unique weapon info. If this is the killer, many people who have run across DN in Indiana and elsewhere know about his proclivity with his ax/hatchet. He easily could have been outed long before this. Mr. Watkins would not have been killed. Certainly there would be other details that they could withhold? Again, MOO

No, it doesn't seem to be known exactly what led CO to notify IN, but if you will excuse my total MOO rant; I horrifically suspect that it was the ax/hatchet of DN's that was the red flag. If so... and while I realize that LE thinks that they have their valid reasons for withholding info on cases... I think it's awful that they wouldn't release the unique weapon info. If this is the killer, many people who have run across DN in Indiana and elsewhere know about his proclivity with his ax/hatchet. He easily could have been outed long before this. Mr. Watkins would not have been killed. Certainly there would be other details that they could withhold? Again, MOO

It is still unknown if DN killed Mr. Watkins. Ballistics will need to prove it.

In South Carolina, people convicted of any felony or sex crime misdemeanor must submit a DNA sample. The state also collects DNA for those convicted of eavesdropping, peeping, and stalking.
http://www.ncsl.org/portals/1/documents/cj/dna/southcarolina.pdf

He was charged with indecent exposure in South Carolina and North Carolina. He's on South Carolina’s sex offender database. So why didn't DNA from the Delphi murders match to him?

It is still unknown if DN killed Mr. Watkins. Ballistics will need to prove it.

You are correct. My post was running on speculation, and I went back and highlighted "If so..."

I believe that was for driving with a suspended DL (Hendricks Co.).

Looks like there were 3 offenses on 8-3-16, that appear to have happened all at the same stop. One was an ordinance violation, it appears written for a rules and regs for parks and a fine was paid. He also had a DWS, driving while suspended prior ( a misdemeanor) and operating with no insurance. A really good local attorney was appointed on these cases. Plea entered for guilty on the DWS prior and the no insurance was dismissed. Indiana required a 90 day suspension on the DWS ticket. Looks like he still has an outstanding balance that is due by 9-29-17. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member