IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have thought that the killer probably threw the phone into the water and didn't realize newer phones have pretty impressive water resistance. I also speculated that Libby hid the phone under dirt and leaves during the scuffle and BG was unable to find it, he heard family start to call and had to leave it before he could find it. MOO is that he didn't expose himself to them because he had other things in mind... terrible.

Is it true that it was reported that the phone pinged around town that afternoon? If so, how could it be if the phone was in the water or left in the woods near the girls?

Do we know for sure that the phone was recovered by LE? I have searched for a link or confirmation of this and haven't had any luck!

New to this discussion, though not to the case. I've listened to podcasts and done some reading online about the facts, and I'm wondering where I missed the information that LE has a cell phone that belonged to one of the victims. My understanding was that the phone wasn't found, but that the audio and snapchat were captured by the cloud. If there's a thread about this, does anyone know where that thread would be?

As far as DN goes, I hope the questioning goes well because this could all hinge on that. Believe me, if DN is represented by a public defender, which he likely will be, that PD will definitely tell him not to talk to the police. It's a big country we live in, and folks like DN can elude justice pretty easily. I always thought if this was a transient kind of person who committed this crime, it might never be solved. No doubt the evidence we don't know about is going to help clear so many things up.

I really hope BG is DN, but he is not what I imagined at all. I haven't followed this case THAT closely but I thought BG would be someone more calculating and who appeared normal. DN does not fit that at all! Hoping we will find out soon if he's the guy. I will be surprised at this point if he's not.

My initial thoughts as well.

Everything is such an educational experience here, and what I'm learning from this, again IF DN is comfirmed as being BG, is confirmation of exactly what you just said. I/some might have misjudged the type of offender he is, organized vs disorganized, etc etc etc.

Again, the whole organized vs disorganized offender, type of killer, etc etc. It's all infinite

Is it true that it was reported that the phone pinged around town that afternoon? If so, how could it be if the phone was in the water or left in the woods near the girls?

I think that was reported early, but I personally discounted that. I thought it had been more or less debunked. Sometimes when you track someone on "find my friends" it pings around a bit even when their location hasn't changed, I've found this to happen on my kids phones. I also thought LE confirmed they recovered the phone from the crime scene.... maybe when they released the "down the hill" audio?

This worries me. Youve been here a long time, since 2004 iirc, anyway, last night, even after watching the "Hallelujah" video carbuff posted, the thought kept creeping in my head "what if it's not him?"

Jax, if I may ask, what makes you skeptical, specifically? I shared some of my thoughts concerning my doubts early on, but have been feeling more optimisitic. Tia.

Nothing big. Some is having seen people's lives destroyed by false accusations.

I've tried to compare the pics from the bridge to his pics and I've having a problem seeing him. When I look at the composite the biggest difference I see are the ears.

Wish one of our experts would compare DN to BG, looking at the length of arms and legs, etc. Like was done earlier with RL. If they match it would help me change my opinion.

Bottom line, just not feeling it, but moving in that direction--from 10%, up to about 50% now.

I'm very hung up on this today image today. This guy comes across as a hair trigger hot-head that has little self control and discipline. But showing up once a week to sign in is an act of discipline. Almost strict discipline. The exact opposite of what his other behavior displays. I don't get that contradictory behavior. Was the act of showing up weekly a highly calculated move on his part? Or is there some part of him that craves structure and discipline (ala military life) among the mayhem that is the rest of his life. I guess I'm wondering is he just plain crazy, or crazy like a fox...
attachment.php

I think he has the intense internal conflict between the strict, structured stability of his military days and the wild, sexually perverted urges from within.

His military training taught him to check in with his superiors and follow regulations, well enough that he has kept under the radar pretty well.

Getting married and having a wife and child has also worked to his advantage. In some ways he is traditional and old school, in appearance, not in reality.

The car we thought may be there on the road under the bridge, anyone remember what color it was thought to be? Yes it was long ago, wasn't it?

I think he has the intense internal conflict between the strict, structured stability of his military days and the wild, sexually perverted urges from within.

His military training taught him to check in with his superiors and follow regulations, well enough that he has kept under the radar pretty well.

Getting married and having a wife and child has also worked to his advantage. In some ways he is traditional and old school, in appearance, not in reality.

(Katy, was just getting ready to send you a shout out, please see these ironic posts , nevermind, I see you saw them (re: NOCO).

New to this discussion, though not to the case. I've listened to podcasts and done some reading online about the facts, and I'm wondering where I missed the information that LE has a cell phone that belonged to one of the victims. My understanding was that the phone wasn't found, but that the audio and snapchat were captured by the cloud. If there's a thread about this, does anyone know where that thread would be?

As far as DN goes, I hope the questioning goes well because this could all hinge on that. Believe me, if DN is represented by a public defender, which he likely will be, that PD will definitely tell him not to talk to the police. It's a big country we live in, and folks like DN can elude justice pretty easily. I always thought if this was a transient kind of person who committed this crime, it might never be solved. No doubt the evidence we don't know about is going to help clear so many things up.

Really insightful first post. Thanks so much for joining the discussion, we all come from different places and perspectives and have much to contribute. I agree if DN has a PD he will stop talking pretty quickly. The truth of DN's involvement will come down to DNA and potential evidence from a murder weapon...JMO.

Yes.

Here's a link some new members might find helpful. It is our maps, timelines, media thread, link usually available in the first post of every thread. We've tried our best to keep up with it, most significant facts/links/developments will usually be there, but please continue to keep asking questions as not eveeeerything under the sun is there, but if it's not there, it should be somewhere in threads.

Link in progress to MMP
Link Co firming answer to original question:

Whats MMP? Is that where we find a Link? (Link Co?) :thinking:

This worries me because you've been here a long time, since 2004 iirc.

Last night, even after watching the much needed "Hallelujah" video carbuff posted, the thought still kept creeping in my head "what if it's not him?"

Jax, if I may ask, what makes you skeptical of DN as a potential suspect, specifically? I shared some of my thoughts concerning my doubts early on, but have since been feeling more optimisitic. Tia.

Not Jax, but if i had any hesitation about whether or not DN is the perp, it would be because imo, there are more just like him out there, either hiding under rocks because of what they have already done, or coming out because of what they want to do.
Like playing Whac-A-Mole, if you knock one down, another pops up, no shortage of potential contenders.

If it is DN, great- if not, the right guy might relax a little and make mistakes.
Meanwhile, a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush!
imo, speculation

I really hope BG is DN, but he is not what I imagined at all. I haven't followed this case THAT closely but I thought BG would be someone more calculating and who appeared normal. DN does not fit that at all! Hoping we will find out soon if he's the guy. I will be surprised at this point if he's not.

I have followed the case very closely, but I agree with you. If DN is BG, he has blown my previous theories completely out of the water!

I saw BG as cold, calculating, and much sharper than DN. I gave him far more credit than he deserved.

If it is DN, I will eat every word I ever wrote here about BG. I always said though, I'd be fine with being wrong if LE would just put him behind bars.

If DN really is the guy, it will be such a huge relief, especially for their families and the residents of Delphi.

Many people will at last, sleep much easier...

I'm very hung up on this today image today. This guy comes across as a hair trigger hot-head that has little self control and discipline. But showing up once a week to sign in is an act of discipline. Almost strict discipline. The exact opposite of what his other behavior displays. I don't get that contradictory behavior. Was the act of showing up weekly a highly calculated move on his part? Or is there some part of him that craves structure and discipline (ala military life) among the mayhem that is the rest of his life. I guess I'm wondering is he just plain crazy, or crazy like a fox...
attachment.php

I can tell you from experience in a 3 month marriage/nightmare. They know how far they can go and get away with it and they will go absolutely as far as they can. The self control is there all the time but they choose when to use it JMO.

RBBM

Early on we weren't sure about the phone being found, but that has been cleared up - LE did find the phone.

Along with DNA evidence, police also have the suspect's voice. Police tell us Libby recorded the killer’s voice on her cell phone, telling the girls to go down the hill. Investigators say she hit record after he approached them near the Monon High Bridge.

Sgt. Holeman tells us investigators recovered more audio from Libby’s phone, which was found with the girls at the crime scene.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...recovered-slain-delphi-teens-phone/566691001/

Not Jax, but if i had any hesitation about whether or not DN is the perp, it would be because imo, there are more just like him out there, either hiding under rocks because of what they have already done, or coming out because of what they want to do.
Like playing Whac-A-Mole, if you knock one down, another pops up, no shortage of potential contenders.

If it is DN, great- if not, the right guy might relax a little and make mistakes.
Meanwhile, a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush!
imo, speculation

Although DN did skip town in Indiana, and missed for the first time his checking in as a RSO...one day after the sketch was released.

Thanks, you are not alone. I hesitate to jump on a bandwagon and bend things to make it fit.
That is not directed towards anyone by the way. I'm overly cautious with such serious crimes. It's not in defense of a potential target it's in defense of not letting the correct one scott free.

I too am on the fence. I am taking a firm "wait and see" attitude. I want justice for Abby and Libby as much of the next person, but I refuse to say "I hope it's him", No matter how much of a DN is, he still has children that will be impacted by this for the rest of their lives. So I am sort of hoping it's NOT him and I refuse to be bloodthirsty until I know for sure. Too many here are calling for his head and I find that very sad.

This is exactly what I think happened. Softball - she could have really heaved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member