IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the most part I had been pretty much doubtful that the girls ran across the freezing creek water and just kinda figured they must have crossed back over the bridge at some point. HOWEVER, with the potential idea that some lunatic might be chasing them with a hatchet... it is not so hard to imagine anymore. MOO

How do we know RSO is a match?
DN hasn't been convicted of running around with a weapon on trails, has he?
Personally the nose is off. The sketch shows a different bridge and tip. That's a meh... I see it because I have drawn plenty and my favorite is with pencil.

Ears don't match but if they are tucked who could know.

Yes! The nose.

I even took a 9"x12" copy of the sketch into my art class so the teacher could give her opinion. She said his nose does appear to be bulbous and if the bridge was flat, she would shade it as it is in the picture.

Looks like Indiana LE didn't get a confession out of him. The media may present this as his being cleared, but no way. I know how aggressive public defenders are here in Colorado (I used to be one), and I'm sure he was instructed to remain silent. I apologize if I'm jumping to conclusions...I guess at this point I don't at all know if DN spoke with LE or not...but it seems to me a good public defender would have seriously tried to discourage it.

It seems they did get something while there for many days. He may have not talked to the Indiana police, but he may have talked with the CO police. He may not have known the CO police had contacted IN about their case so they may have asked him his whereabouts for the past several months never mentioning the girls' case.
Also I am sure they spoke with his wife while there. I don't see a reason why she wouldn't talk since she hasn't been charged with anything. She would be able to fill in a lot of blanks for them, imo. She wrote in a court document that she was terrified of him so this would be her chance to tell what if anything she may know while knowing he is locked up.

Although many do talk even if they are advised against it thinking they can outsmart the police. I don't think he confessed though and even if so a confession is not enough to get someone arrested and charged. imo

The Indiana State Police can share, that thus far, there has been no information developed to specifically include or exclude Daniel Nations as a suspect in the Delphi homicides. Both state police detectives returned to Indiana late afternoon of October 2nd and will continue to review information gathered over the course of their visit to El Paso County, Colorado It is important to note the Indiana State Police is very grateful for assistance rendered by the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office.

To me they will now go over the information they were able to obtain is just another way to say that they will now go over all of the evidence they obtained when there. LE doesn't stay this long without getting some of the things they came for, imo.

If it was all about him just talking to them and he refused on the first day they would have returned home instead of staying this long.

I read that statement to basically say he's not talking to them. He's not providing an alibi nor providing a confession. They have to build a case to arrest him. He's also not required to give DNA without a warrant, so they may be working to prepare that so they can do testing.

I so agree with this

Long time lurker here, I read this thread every day but haven't felt I had anything more to contribute but enjoy reading everyone's theories. I've spent the last couple of days trying to find a crime scene photograph and can't seem to locate it. Does anyone else recall a crime scene photo with a tree that looked as if it had been chopped/cut. If I recall correctly it was suggested it may have been done by a beaver however with the hatchet being mentioned I was interested in having another look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to quote my own post but I found it. Post 577 on thread 49 ( not sure how to link it) upon further inspection it does look more likely to be caused by a beaver than a hatchet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ISP just released a statement. I received via email.

I see that Agent Apricot has shared the link to the statement so I deleted the big long version!

awww... NewMama, you still shouldv'e kept your version up as is, anyway.
AgentApricot's post only listed the URL. Many of us on here prefer to read the most of what we can on this thread in the posts, rather than have to switch out and open a new site. So, more information is always appreciated - especially since you had already taken the time to write somethiing! :)

ETA, just saw that -Nin had captured it all in a quoted reply - yay! :)

It seems they did get something while there for many days. He may have not talked to the Indiana police, but he may have talked with the CO police. He may not have known the CO police had contacted IN about their case so they may have asked him his whereabouts for the past several months never mentioning the girls' case.
Also I am sure they spoke with his wife while there. I don't see a reason why she wouldn't talk since she hasn't been charged with anything. She would be able to fill in a lot of blanks for them, imo. She wrote in a court document that she was terrified of him so this would be her chance to tell what if anything she may know while knowing he is locked up.

Although many do talk even if they are advised against it thinking they can outsmart the police. I don't think he confessed though and even if so a confession is not enough to get someone arrested and charged. imo

The Indiana State Police can share, that thus far, there has been no information developed to specifically include or exclude Daniel Nations as a suspect in the Delphi homicides. Both state police detectives returned to Indiana late afternoon of October 2nd and will continue to review information gathered over the course of their visit to El Paso County, Colorado It is important to note the Indiana State Police is very grateful for assistance rendered by the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office.

To me they will now go over the information they were able to obtain is just another way to say that they will now go over all of the evidence they obtained when there. LE doesn't stay this long without getting some of the things they came for, imo.

If it was all about him just talking to them and he refused on the first day they would have returned home instead of staying this long.

If he's in a cell block with other inmates, some of the inmates may have radios, so there's one way DN would know about what the media have shared. Another would be a simple phone call, or a letter he has received.

Per What we know about Delphi 'person of interest' (from 10/2):

Scanning Google maps, Rte 67 is very flat the entire length of Morgan county, and there are no significant bridges, except for over tiny creeks that aren't really livable. But the one over the White River you mentioned is on Rte 39, just 700 feet from the intersection with 67. That very well may be the bridge.

That's significant--he would have had to make it back to Morgan county within a day after the killing. It's feasible he could have done it by bike, but it would be an ambitious 90 mile trek over 7 or more hours. I don't think I'd be able to stand after that much riding.
Does anyone remember back in Feb or Mar, a person posting about seeing a man walking through her property well south of Delphi on the 14th? It seems like she described it as seeing him from a window well away from her home like he was following a creek and maybe she thought he was a hunter but then after the news and images came out she thought he was dressed similarily. I don't know if she posted on WS or if i saw it elsewhere. Anyone remember?

DNA was collected prior to Sept 29 when this article was published: http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...swers-soon-delphi-double-homicides/713451001/

So they did collect his DNA. That is great news.

He said police also have obtained samples of Nations' DNA, which has become a common procedure over the course of the seven-month-long investigation. He added that the samples will be compared to evidence gathered at the crime scene.

"We check DNA on everybody that has been investigated," Riley said. "Every person that we have talked to, we've gotten a DNA swab from."

Carroll Count Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said Thursday that FBI agents in Colorado will initially question Nations, and local authorities will travel to the area if further suspicions arise.

The last part of the excerpt in the article is interesting to me. Since it was the FBI who seemed to be there first to question him, and Leazenby stated the local police would only go if further suspicions arise....well it is obvious that further suspicions DID arise from the FBI investigation since the local PD did go and spent many days.

IMO

I would love to know what his body language was like whilst being questioned, law enforcement are skilled at knowing whether they are seeing deception or the truth.

Does the suspect really look like Bridge Guy photo? Hard to tell.

The sketch looks sort of like him. He looks odd though. Surprised the sketch isn't a better match. Still reasonably close though?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

he is descripted as 5'9 and 190 lbs in one of his charges. My guess he lost weight from the time of the sketch to the time he was arrested. I think the picture and the sketch are very similar.

Is there no crime scene DNA, and short of a confession, nothing at all to link DN to this crime?

My uninformed guess is that if they have DNA, it's not blood or semen or anything they can KNOW is from the killer. If they have touch DNA found on or near the girls, it could be likely the killer's, but they can't know that until they match it to someone and see if that person has other evidence against them.

My uninformed guess is that if they have DNA, it's not blood or semen or anything they can KNOW is from the killer. If they have touch DNA found on or near the girls, it could be likely the killer's, but they can't know that until they match it to someone and see if that person has other evidence against them.

This is my feeling as well.

Do we have any idea how long testing is going to take? Does touch DNA require longer analysis. It would be nice to know either way if they get DNA back that matches or if it doesn't. I have a suspicion that if it doesn't match they just won't tell us anything at all. Perhaps they don't want to tip off the killer. Even though in MOO he didn't confess or provide a verifiable alibi he still might have said enough words for investigators to do a voice analysis.. If ISP doesn't come out with something by late Friday, I am going to assume that DNA is not a match and they have moved on from DN, even if they don't say so. JMO.

Yes! The nose.

I even took a 9"x12" copy of the sketch into my art class so the teacher could give her opinion. She said his nose does appear to be bulbous and if the bridge was flat, she would shade it as it is in the picture.

Could your art teacher give any estimate of how old the man in the sketch might be? Just wondering...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3