IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #76

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I see it is that ISP did not say who they obtained the DNA from, DN or CO LE. So as everything else in this case nobody knows the facts about anything. CO LE had DN in custody so there is some ownership there while ISP was invited guess and I could see any defense attorney telling ISP no and CO had to step in and oblige. I am on the fence with DN but now that we have both him and KN volunteering information while not being integrated with contradicting information I see things getting interesting when there is no reason to lie.

Why would Indiana State Police lie? As of the end of September they said they have DN's DNA in Indiana. moo

To be fair, I live in Indianapolis and hadn't heard of Delphi specifically before. I may have heard it mentioned in a weather forecast or something vague in passing like that but never had any specific, clear idea of Delphi until last Feb. when the first missing girls report came out that fateful day.

It also occurred to me that maybe that letter is a bit older than we think. Some of it sounded like it wasn't super current perhaps. I do think it is from DN, however.

Also, if you're having trouble reading out of area links, try opening them in a private or incognito browser window.

To be fair, I live in Indianapolis and hadn't heard of Delphi specifically before. I may have heard it mentioned in a weather forecast or something vague in passing like that but never had any specific, clear idea of Delphi until last Feb. when the first missing girls report came out that fateful day.

I get that, too. We're big river rats here in my house. We kayak and canoe and have a houseboat that we like taking down the river. There's a few towns that have interstate exits that barely register when I drive past them. Could've even tell you exactly where they were except for a general "about an hour away." I know the river runs through them, too, but I've never been up that far on it. I don't know anyone from those towns, have never heard references to them in the news, and they're nowhere near on my radar.

Could someone explain why DN"s DNA is not already on file as he is a RSO?

attachment.php

Upper R corner says RACE: White/European/N. Afr/Mid. East = DNA

attachment.php

Upper R corner says RACE: White/European/N. Afr/Mid. East = DNA
Sorry but I don't understand what you are saying here. What has race got to do with whether his DNA is already on file or not ? And what is this charge in Divide?

DN says his Public Defender "turned the Indiana State Police away".
At first I blew that off because it seemed like the short time frame between his arrest (Monday afternoon 9/25) to IN LE arriving in CO (Friday 9/29) would be too short of a time span to get a PD assigned by the court.

But then I started thinking (and it's a detail I may have missed), I don't recall seeing anything in MSM that IN LE actually spoke to DN or interviewed him face to face. So I started rereading articles from the time they went to CO. And I'm not seeing any DN interview mentioned.

I'm seeing phrases like "Indiana State police traveled to Colorado on Friday to interview Daniel Nations" and "investigators are reviewing information gathered in Colorado" and "The agency will "continue to review information gathered over the course of their visit."

One example: "The Carroll County sheriff confirms that Indiana State Police investigators have landed in Colorado to question Daniel Nations. Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said ISP investigators are in El Paso County, Colorado to question Nations. He said the El Paso County Sheriff's Office has been sharing similarities in cases in Colorado to the Delphi double homicide." http://www.wthitv.com/content/news/448778803.html

Another example: "Sgt. Kim Riley, of the Indiana State Police, said the agency is speaking with Colorado authorities about 31-year-old Daniel Nations to determine if he could be a suspect in the killings of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams." https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ossible-suspect-murder-two-teen-girls-n805791

A 3rd example: https://www.wthr.com/article/police-daniel-nations-not-yet-tied-to-delphi-murders

Articles mention LE going there with the intent to interview and investigate, and then upon their return reviewing information they gathered. And there are references to IN LE speaking with CO LE. But I'm not finding anything that says they actually spoke to DN. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that, because now I'm wondering if it's possible DN did have a PD by the time IN LE arrived, and that attorney completely blocked IN LE from having any direct access to him?

Sorry but I don't understand what you are saying here. What has race got to do with whether his DNA is already on file or not ? And what is this charge in Divide?

For "Race" that wording is the kind of response a DNA test result would give. It comes up on genealogy forums a lot. (Good catch Sleuthin' n TX.)

DN says his Public Defender "turned the Indiana State Police away".
At first I blew that off because it seemed like the short time frame between his arrest (Monday afternoon 9/25) to IN LE arriving in CO (Friday 9/29) would be too short of a time span to get a PD assigned by the court.

But then I started thinking (and it's a detail I may have missed), I don't recall seeing anything in MSM that IN LE actually spoke to DN or interviewed him face to face. So I started rereading articles from the time they went to CO. And I'm not seeing any DN interview mentioned.

I'm seeing phrases like "Indiana State police traveled to Colorado on Friday to interview Daniel Nations" and "investigators are reviewing information gathered in Colorado" and "The agency will "continue to review information gathered over the course of their visit."

One example: "The Carroll County sheriff confirms that Indiana State Police investigators have landed in Colorado to question Daniel Nations. Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said ISP investigators are in El Paso County, Colorado to question Nations. He said the El Paso County Sheriff's Office has been sharing similarities in cases in Colorado to the Delphi double homicide." http://www.wthitv.com/content/news/448778803.html

Another example: "Sgt. Kim Riley, of the Indiana State Police, said the agency is speaking with Colorado authorities about 31-year-old Daniel Nations to determine if he could be a suspect in the killings of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams." https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ossible-suspect-murder-two-teen-girls-n805791

A 3rd example: https://www.wthr.com/article/police-daniel-nations-not-yet-tied-to-delphi-murders

Articles mention LE going there with the intent to interview and investigate, and then upon their return reviewing information they gathered. And there are references to IN LE speaking with CO LE. But I'm not finding anything that says they actually spoke to DN. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that, because now I'm wondering if it's possible DN did have a PD by the time IN LE arrived, and that attorney completely blocked IN LE from having any direct access to him?
I only remember a quote from them that said they spoke to who they needed to speak to. I thought that was a strange thing to say.

For "Race" that wording is the kind of response a DNA test result would give. It comes up on genealogy forums a lot. (Good catch Sleuthin' n TX.)

So you mean having that wording under race means he has had his DNA taken and recorded sometime in the past? That wording is for a Caucasian is it ?

So you mean having that wording under race means he has had his DNA taken and recorded sometime in the past? That wording is for a Caucasian is it ?

I personally would interpret that description next to "Race" as coming from a DNA test at some point, yes.

Is it my opinion that this is a description of DNA? Fact and on file. Typically when asked re: race people respond with any number of names; White, African American, Native American, Hispanic, Non-White, etc. Think of all the check boxes when asked about race. They do not say White/Eurp/N.Afr/Mid Eas. I have never seen that. If it makes you feel better I will quote this as IMOO.

I looked up charge in divide but it talked about equitable distribution of property by divorcing parties so not completely sure on that one.

I don't think they run a complementary ancestry profile when they take a perp's DNA for the sex offender database. JMO

Is it my opinion that this is a description of DNA? Fact and on file. Typically when asked re: race people respond with any number of names; White, African American, Native American, Hispanic, Non-White, etc. Think of all the check boxes when asked about race. They do not say White/Eurp/N.Afr/Mid Eas. I have never seen that. If it makes you feel better I will quote this as IMOO.

I looked up charge in divide but it talked about equitable distribution of property by divorcing parties so not completely sure on that one.

I wasn't the one asking if it was your opinion. I don't need to "feel better" . I didn't know what the document was you were posting so I asked some questions. I still don't see what that document is or what it has to do with DNA being on file or not or how it indicates DN told the truth about not giving ISP his DNA.

Why would Indiana State Police lie? As of the end of September they said they have DN's DNA in Indiana. moo

I didn't say ISP lied, they just didn't actual say the source of obtaining DN's DNA. I would say CO LE is who obtained the DNA and gave to ISP. Instead of everyone having the impression that ISP asked or ordered DN to get the DNA directly. Each state has different criteria for obtaining DNA. I don't think IMO that ISP never was afforded an interview with DN much less DNA. DN has been read his rights and is under legal counsel and doesn't have to interview with anyone. I do think ISP has his DNA and either that sample did not match the DNA found at the crime scene or the results are not back.

The way I see it is that ISP did not say who they obtained the DNA from, DN or CO LE. So as everything else in this case nobody knows the facts about anything. CO LE had DN in custody so there is some ownership there while ISP was invited guess and I could see any defense attorney telling ISP no and CO had to step in and oblige. I am on the fence with DN but now that we have both him and KN volunteering information while not being integrated with contradicting information I see things getting interesting when there is no reason to lie.

So maybe Co took two cheek swabs and gave one to ISP? You're right regarding the facts and contradicting info. It still doesn't explain why they have no results back yet though.

I don't think they run a complementary ancestry profile when they take a perp's DNA for the sex offender database. JMO
Yes, he probably checked them off in an intake question thing. In these times yes I can see LE asking if if someone identifies as Middle Eastern. Another we don’t really know fact......

I didn't say ISP lied, they just didn't actual say the source of obtaining DN's DNA. I would say CO LE is who obtained the DNA and gave to ISP. Instead of everyone having the impression that ISP asked or ordered DN to get the DNA directly. Each state has different criteria for obtaining DNA. I don't think IMO that ISP never was afforded an interview with DN much less DNA. DN has been read his rights and is under legal counsel and doesn't have to interview with anyone. I do think ISP has his DNA and either that sample did not match the DNA found at the crime scene or the results are not back.

I'm a bit lost. I thought you were thinking ISP didn't have DNA because an attorney in Colorado stopped it. My point was once ISP had it (regardless what the source was) it would be very difficult for a Colorado attorney to force them to return it.

Seems I didn't comprehend...

moo moo moo

O/T -- Is "reply with quote" not working normally for anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413