IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning :sunshine:

This post lands at random.

It’s wonderful that we have a lot of new members here for Abby and Libby. “They deserve us.”

What they deserve is factual, civilized discussion in our attempts to help find the person(s) responsible for this terrible crime against these two beautiful young girls.

As WSers, you must abide by The Rules, some of which include:

- No sleuthing of social media accounts of anyone other than victim and officially announced POI/suspect (official meaning by LE / MSM)
- No bickering, snark, sarcasm, jerkishness
- No psychic discussion and no bringing rumors
- No speculating or accusing other members. If you actually have proof, contact WS Admin directly or LE. Do NOT sleuth fellow WSers or make accusations against them on the threads.
- No soliciting/inviting PMs or discussion of personal messaging
- If you state your opinion, make it clear it is your opinion. If you state something as fact, you must be able to provide a link to support it.

I could go on, but then I would be simply duplicating The Rules (which you really, really must read and follow :blowkiss: )

Oh, did I mention The Rules?

I'm pretty positive they would have released the description of any hat. I do this for my day job. There is no hat or hood up. I'm 99% certain.

From the FBI poster:

REMARKS DETAILS

Investigators have distributed a photo (shown above) of a person observed on the Delphi Historic Trail. The photo appears to depict a White male wearing blue jeans, a blue coat/jacket, and a hoodie.

What do you mean it's not relevant?

It only goes to how he may have controlled the girls until he killed one of them. He would have accomplished just as much with a club or rock. Now if he shot them (which I don't believe he did) the gun becomes more relevant to the crime.

attachment.php

Here is a photo to help capture an idea on the camera's perspective.

Not only the wilderness, but this specific railroad bridge are perfect opportunities for murders or even just accidental tragedies. Im surprised they still allow people to go on it.

Phenomenal job!!!

I agree. I've always felt like it was a crime of opportunity not targeted & he is familiar w/area

The only reason I tend to think they planned a meetup with somebody is that on day one, police said to be aware of what your kids are up to. I bet we won't hear this bit of info until this goes to trial.

attachment.php

Not only the wilderness, but this specific railroad bridge are perfect opportunities for murders or even just accidental tragedies. Im surprised they still allow people to go on it.

Fantastic imaging job. It gives sense of how far away he likely was when the photo was taken.

attachment.php

Wow - thank you for fitting him in the area on the bridge he was walking.
Does the bridge get a lot of traffic?
If not how did he know the girls would be there?
It just does not seem random to me.

Lance Jeffrey Voss.

I guess I can say it. There have been all sorts of sites talking about the guy. LE talks about him openly and says they are 99% sure he did it, but they got nothing on him. Oh and he knows how to disappear bodies too.

Please give links to media or law enforcement that support your suppositions, or at least say these are just your own thoughts. Your posts tend to imply your statements are facts, but have nothing to back them up.

What do you mean by saying "LE talks about him openly and are 99% sure he did it"? Is there anything in print or audio by LE that substantiates this in relation to our girls in this case?

Also, if you are going to name names, please be careful. We are not allowed to just throw names out of people who we "think" did it. There must be a link to support that.

I'm trying to catch up but I"m on page 29 of a 73 page thread.. just want to say that all the early reports I saw said they were uploading pics to snapchat as they went, but snapchat is a social media platform used to talk with someone usually, the pics you take and send to the other person disappear within 1-10 seconds which is the appeal of snapchat - unless someone screenshots the pic it disappears automatically.. unless the girls were just taking selfies, which is the other option with snapchat.. you take pics of yourself or you and a friend with their filters, which add fun elements to the photos like fake flower headband or bubbles in the air around you or silly faces or whatever... so I can't help but wonder which it was... did they capture him in the background of some selfies they snapped but hadn't shared with anyone yet, OR were they actively using snapchat to communicate with another person who witnessed this go down live and is helping the investigation as we speak? I'm not WHOLLY Familiar with the app, but I have a 14 year old daughter who is, and I will ask her later if you can do anything else with it. But AFAIK you either are sending the snaps live, or are taking selfies... this doesn't help solve the case I guess but like I said, I'm coming in to it late and hadn't seen anyone mention yet how this works, and point out the 50/50 chance, with snapchat, that someone was actively communicating with them in a "chat" and saw & heard whatever went down, IF snapchat was still the active program when they took the audio that they've released. It may not have been. Anyway just sharing thoughts. Thanks as always for providing days worth of thoughtful commentary for me to wade through! edit: sorry for run on sentences, etc, just trying to let the ideas / thoughts flow for now. Will do a more thoughtful post later when I"m sure I've got all the details.

The thing you are missing is called the story feature. You can take a picture and send it to a friend, you can post it to your story. Your story is visible to everyone who you have as a friend on snapchat and is up to watch as many times as you want, though the pictures still disappear after 10 seconds, you can view the story again until the story expires in 24 hours.

It's not allowed.

"Ever since it was built in 1891, people have tested their nerves by illegally walking the High Bridge, a span that carried trains far above the Deer Creek Valley until it was abandoned by CSX in 1987."

https://www.indianalandmarks.org/endangered-property/monon-high-bridge/

one of those kind of laws not actively enforced. locals have been doing it since the 1890s

Every city that has tested their backlogged rape kits found several serial rapists.
The amount of backlogged rape kits in this country are an institutional crime against women, IMO, and the very definition of "rape culture".
Couldn't agree more!

I do agree with most of your post. However; before he eliminated one he sexually assaulted her first and then went on to his second victim.

Before he did either, he would make sure each victim was bound, imo. We have read cases of more than one victim, some who lived to tell their story, and many times the person would make one of the victims bind the other one up and then the perp would bind up the second victim then raped them both.

Imo, these girls were both sexually assaulted before being murdered. He wanted both and that is why he took both. IMO.

I think in like 95% of these kind of cases both victims were murdered within an hour and a half time span or less and he was gone from the area before the first 911 call came in reporting them missing.

I may have missed this but where is it stated in MSM that one or both of the girls were sexually assaulted?

This would almost have to be the case as it would be very difficult to control two teenage girls and prevent them from screaming or running.

Hold a gun or knife to one of them, and tell the other if they scream or run you'll kill their friend. Pretty easy to control two young girl like that I'd say.

Just a little FYI, I have seen many men put hands in their pockets wearing similar type of jeans with hoodies around here today since there are tons of construction sites. I don't think what they are wearing screams to me they are guilty and I am on the west coast. Ppl need to look around that are close to them in that area and observe behavior past and present. Right now there is a witch hunt on social media for ppl who put their hands in their pockets and are wearing similar jeans with a hoodie. The lineup would be ridiculous if LE focused just on that part so ppl who are online in the various facebook pages need to control themselves from making it into a bigger circus.

Maybe he has a bit of freedom in his job, travelling around for parts of the day? maybe does repairs? odd jobs? doesn't have a set time to be in a location and can keep in touch by phone, email etc? Probably a bit of a stretch of imagination but possible? :)

That's kind of been what I have been thinking and leaning towards. Or even if you own your own business. There may be nothing that shows the POI didn't show up for work, was late coming in, left early, etc.

Please give links to media or law enforcement that support your suppositions, or at least say these are just your own thoughts. Your posts tend to imply your statements are facts, but have nothing to back them up.

What do you mean by saying "LE talks about him openly and are 99% sure he did it"? Is there anything in print or audio by LE that substantiates this in relation to our girls in this case?

Also, if you are going to name names, please be careful. We are not allowed to just throw names out of people who we "think" did it. There must be a link to support that.

That was in response to a couple of us asking him who he was talking about with regard to another case, not this one.

From the FBI poster:

REMARKS DETAILS

Investigators have distributed a photo (shown above) of a person observed on the Delphi Historic Trail. The photo appears to depict a White male wearing blue jeans, a blue coat/jacket, and a hoodie.

Thank you so much. I was just about to post this.

People - please listen.

He is wearing a hoodie. There is, according to LE/FBI, no hat in this picture. In one pic you can see a shock of hair, which is helpful. But in one pic, his head isn't as visible due to the position of the hood. Here is Liberty's FBI "page" - and Abby's is linked at the bottom. It's a great reference.

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/liberty-german

Funny I saw the mustache but felt he had the hoodie pulled up and tied so that you could not see his mouth. If that is a goatee. It's very black not salt/ pepper so that makes him a younger guy than 40/50.

What guy under 40, even in the rural Midwest, would wear that outfit? Especially those jeans? Those are the kinds of jeans guys over 60 wear. Guys under 40 out for a hike here in the Midwest would wear some Under Armour stretch leg thingies (athletic wear) and some shorts over them to go out for any kind of outdoor activity this time of year. And on top, probably some kind of athletic wear stretch thingy with T-shirt over it. Guy in photo dresses 60+ even accounting for rural Midwest lack of fashion (I am in KC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne