IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 # 80

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the families know something major that we don't know?

I think they do. They seem to be very proactive in working in the aftermath of the crime and getting the word out. I would imagine that they've pushed for information and stay abreast of whatever LE is doing. I still believe that their confidence is not ill-placed and that they maintain it because they know what direction LE is heading in. At least, I hope that's it. They, as the family, would have priority of receiving information over us so I try not to compare my lack of information against what they know.

I would demand to see it as a parent and technically the owner of the property it was on, cell phone. I’m that crazy parent type.
I would then next leak it possibly if they didn’t do what I thought was best after awhile too.

Put me in in a padded room if it ever happens people! Or it will be crazy.
Perhaps that explains BP's request of Libby's phone records so she can see for herself. MOO.

Eta. Also what if there isn't much more than we have seen and heard and they have been bluffing to fool the perp?

Perhaps that explains BP's request of Libby's phone records so she can see for herself. MOO.

Eta. Also what if there isn't much more than we have seen and heard and they have been bluffing to fool the perp?

I was just about to post the exact same thing about the request per parent to the courts. I wonder...what if LE has been unable to get everything from the Cloud? I believe her mom said she didn't know her password? Is it possible there may be more information regarding the murders on the actual device? We know there may be some contacts, etc. that LE may be unaware of. IIRC, she had an iPhone.

Add to that staff, busdrivers, janitors, coaches...anyone who had interaction with the girls. Does anyone stand out?

Good point.

Current staff would probably have been identified via the photo and the sketch. That leaves former staff. In my small home town, there was not a lot of turn over with even support staff at schools, let alone teachers.

Hopefully, there would be a small number of such people to consider in Delhi (with the exception of the bus drivers that may have more turn over). Going back say 20 years, how many former staff were booted after sexual misconduct, or simply quit but were also known to be 'strange' or 'creepy'?

Then toss in formerly local Scout leaders and youth ministers who were either let go or simply left under similar circumstances into that pool as they could well know the trails, the creek, non posted ways in / out, and that the area could be a hang out spot for teens.

I think they do. They seem to be very proactive in working in the aftermath of the crime and getting the word out. I would imagine that they've pushed for information and stay abreast of whatever LE is doing. I still believe that their confidence is not ill-placed and that they maintain it because they know what direction LE is heading in. At least, I hope that's it. They, as the family, would have priority of receiving information over us so I try not to compare my lack of information against what they know.

I hope you're right. But... every time I hope that and see LE on national tv with the family, I get a stab in my heart for the family of the 4 little dead girls in Flora.

Here's what Carter had to say about that case:

[FONT=&amp]She ([/FONT][FONT=&quot]Barbara Bolling-Williams, the NAACP conference president)[/FONT][FONT=&amp] said police are not updating the victims’ family on the investigation.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Carter said someone suggested he should not reach out to the victims’ family, although he did not say who said that or exactly why.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]“It was just recommended to me that I do not talk to the family because that wasn’t a part of the day-to-day operation of the investigation,” Carter said. “And that made sense to me.”[/FONT]

http://wishtv.com/2017/10/26/indian...lora-fire-investigation-smells-of-a-cover-up/

I'm glad it makes sense to him but it leaves me smh.

I was just about to post the exact same thing about the request per parent to the courts. I wonder...what if LE has been unable to get everything from the Cloud? I believe her mom said she didn't know her password? Is it possible there may be more information regarding the murders on the actual device? We know there may be some contacts, etc. that LE may be unaware of. IIRC, she had an iPhone.
LE has her phone where they got information from not the cloud.

I hope you're right. But... every time I hope that and see LE on national tv with the family, I get a stab in my heart for the family of the 4 little dead girls in Flora.

Here's what Carter had to say about that case:

http://wishtv.com/2017/10/26/indian...lora-fire-investigation-smells-of-a-cover-up/

I'm glad it makes sense to him but it leaves me smh.

Here is Carter in another article-
But the state Arson investigation was and is tainted by a bad state investigator.
The morm breaks your heart - scraping together enough cloth to make their cheerleading outfits.

https://www.theindychannel.com/news...ved-in-flora-indiana-fire-that-killed-4-girls

I had found and posted a MSM link months ago, an article showing how LE were retrieving data from an actual phone. IIRC the article's video showed a box-type truck with technicians working inside, parked in Delphi. It named the software/hardware system LE were using and showed a demo. I'll try to find it.

I'm wondering if LE did not share what was on the phone with BP, and thus her subpoena to Apple last October?

LE has her phone where they got information from not the cloud.
Mine and texas' point is that LE may not have shared all info from L's phone so perhaps that's why BP requested the info in October. Whether there is info on the cloud or not may also not be known by BP either so she perhaps may be trying to obtain it all herself to check for sure. It's understand able she would want everything off of it. MOO.
Eta @kizzy I see you're asking too. We may have to drop this subject as it was off limits on last thread.

I really wish LE would release a bit more info. I think it's time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it is probable that Google turned down LE to unlock the phone itself but they figured out how to get around it since the phone legally belongs to BP. It looks like Google provides data backed up in iCloud with a valid SW but it does not unlock an actual device. I believe a lot of data remains on a device even after you delete it so if all they are seeing is from the cloud or what has been provided from FB or IG they may feel they are missing something.
This article is on how thwarted LE has been just over the last year by Google encryption. It doesn't include the latest one, Devin Kelley's iphone.
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-41721354

I think it is probable that Google turned down LE to unlock the phone itself but they figured out how to get around it since the phone legally belongs to BP. It looks like Google provides data backed up in iCloud with a valid SW but it does not unlock an actual device. I believe a lot of data remains on a device even after you delete it so if all they are seeing is from the cloud or what has been provided from FB or IG they may feel they are missing something.

This article is on how thwarted LE has been just over the last year by Google encryption. It doesn't include the latest one, Devin Kelley's iphone.

Another thing to keep in mind is that users determine what is and what isn't saved in the cloud.

The families have always seemed so confident in the LE's handling of this. Even after all this time. Is there a specific POI in mind but they just ca
n't locate him? I don't get it. I am starting to feel myself getting angry that LE is so tight lipped especially as I lose confidence in whether this is being handled well. Do the families know something major that we don't know? Why do they seem so confident in LE or is it just that out of desperation they have no choice?

Hi Ember,

Bouncing off your post...
I know not everyone posting on here lives or has lived in a town of less than 3500 people. Having first hand experience of a town similar in population to Delphi, I’d say chances are pretty good that members of the families went to school with, live next door to or down the block from, are related to, go to church with, are in an organization with, play sports with or are in some other way connected to the LEOs handling this investigation or the families of those LEOs. When you’ve known someone or their family for a long time you have a pretty good idea whether or not they are telling you the truth and there’s a level of trust and confidence not found in bigger cities.

JMO.

Wasn't there a case some while ago with IPhones (Apple) where Apple wouldn't help unlock a terrorist iphone

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...ecedented-grab-for-power-by-the-a6897266.html

I don't know if this sort of thing comes into play with this case. Hopefully not if the Grandparents/ Parents were legal owners of the physical phone used by Libby.

KR
Reacher

Wasn't there a case some while ago with IPhones (Apple) where Apple wouldn't help unlock a terrorist iphone

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...ecedented-grab-for-power-by-the-a6897266.html

I don't know if this sort of thing comes into play with this case. Hopefully not if the Grandparents/ Parents were legal owners of the physical phone used by Libby.

KR
Reacher

Hi Reacher,

Yes. In San Bernardino, CA. LE found a third party who could hack the phone for them, IIRC.

Good point.

Current staff would probably have been identified via the photo and the sketch. That leaves former staff. In my small home town, there was not a lot of turn over with even support staff at schools, let alone teachers.

Hopefully, there would be a small number of such people to consider in Delhi (with the exception of the bus drivers that may have more turn over). Going back say 20 years, how many former staff were booted after sexual misconduct, or simply quit but were also known to be 'strange' or 'creepy'?

Then toss in formerly local Scout leaders and youth ministers who were either let go or simply left under similar circumstances into that pool as they could well know the trails, the creek, non posted ways in / out, and that the area could be a hang out spot for teens.

I recall seeing something re Libby having attended a photography related class of some sort and I think it was a special thing, not just a regular school class, at another location and maybd a one-timd event IIRC... anyone remember any more about that?

Maybe the girls passed him on the way to the bridge, he saw them start over the bridge, then he checked to see if other people were coming, then proceeded over the bridge. IMO

Hi Ember,

Bouncing off your post...
I know not everyone posting on here lives or has lived in a town of less than 3500 people. Having first hand experience of a town similar in population to Delphi, I’d say chances are pretty good that members of the families went to school with, live next door to or down the block from, are related to, go to church with, are in an organization with, play sports with or are in some other way connected to the LEOs handling this investigation or the families of those LEOs. When you’ve known someone or their family for a long time you have a pretty good idea whether or not they are telling you the truth and there’s a level of trust and confidence not found in bigger cities.

JMO.

Thank you for this, so true, so very very true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB