IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #84

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-20&p=13203357#post13203357

This is a link to a post that states there was a third person going and it was on Libby's Instagram which was public at that time. I remember looking at her Instagram but it is private now. Anyway, a third person was going but didn't and the fact it was on public instagram meant anyone could have known imo.

This is the only quote I spotted on that page and it indicates someone else was invited. We know that much. If I missed the other, can you post the post #?

Here's what I saw:

Y'all can also look at Libby's Instagram photo comments and learn about a third friend invited to the bridge that day

eta..Shires since you saw the original Instagram and I didn't, was the invite discussed the day of the trip to the bridge or after the fact on instagram? That would make a difference.

This is the only quote I spotted on that page and it indicates someone else was invited. We know that much. If I missed the other, can you post the post #?

Here's what I saw:

Y'all can also look at Libby's Instagram photo comments and learn about a third friend invited to the bridge that day

eta..Shires since you saw the original Instagram and I didn't, was the invite discussed the day of the trip to the bridge or after the fact on instagram? That would make a difference.

I don't know what you mean by "the other". I remember when her instagram was public and I looked at it at the time. I dont now remember all the posts on there except there were ongoing posts after their death. I guess that was why the family have made it private now.

Maybe someone has a cached copy of it when it was public?

My whole point is it was public and another person knew...

I think the girls broadcast on more than one social media site that they intended to spend part of the day at the bridge. Having spent the previous night together, the two had ample time to chat on social media about their plans for trail walking the next day. A Monday in February in Indiana outdoors on hiking trails would likely be rather desolate, but sadly not for Abby and Libby. A random encounter with a murderer, or one where the murderer had prior knowledge of their whereabouts? That's a question that vexes me..................

I don't know what you mean by "the other". I remember when her instagram was public and I looked at it at the time. I dont now remember all the posts on there except there were ongoing posts after their death. I guess that was why the family have made it private now.

I think what BoP meant by "other" was there could be another quote on the page of the prior thread where more details were given about who else was invited that day publicly on IG or if more detailed discussion was noted.
I thought the person who was invited to join them was another girl.

I think what BoP meant by "other" was there could be another quote on the page of the prior thread where more details were given about who else was invited that day publicly on IG or if more detailed discussion was noted.
I thought the person who was invited to join them was another girl.

Well Bird or any poster can search using google or other search engine, which is what I did to find that post. Or indeed, use my link to go back to that thread (thread 20) to research other posts in the same timeframe.

NancyDrew007 is the poster who mentioned it a year ago and may know or remember more than me.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-20&p=13203357#post13203357

This is a link to a post that states there was a third person going and it was on Libby's Instagram which was public at that time. I remember looking at her Instagram but it is private now. Anyway, a third person was going but didn't and the fact it was on public instagram meant anyone could have known imo.

You stated: This is a link to a post that states there was a third person going

On the page I saw only the comment that someone was invited.

Hence, my question if there was another statement on the page you linked that said as fact someone else was going.

Hope that clears it up. I'm going to assume I misunderstood. So :nevermind:

You stated: This is a link to a post that states there was a third person going

On the page I saw only the comment that someone was invited.

Hence, my question if there was another statement on the page you linked that said as fact someone else was going.

Hope that clears it up. I'm going to assume I misunderstood. So :nevermind:
No problem. For all I know this third person may have gone or declined I really don't know. The point was discussed in the post I linked as a what if. I don't know if the third person went, left early or even who they were but there was a third person who knew imo. Whether that info was therefore shared is a possibility.

No problem. For all I know this third person may have gone or declined I really don't know. The point was discussed in the post I linked as a what if. I don't know if the third person went, left early or even who they were but there was a third person who knew imo. Whether that info was therefore shared is a possibility.
Did you ever see their name stated?

The name has been stated on here and mods deemed it not right to post the full name.

It was discussed a thread or two back. If interested, look for posts by mtnlites. She is friend's with the mother of the young girl.

eta she did not go.
Thanks SS for clearing up the link you provided. Only trying to keep all my facts straight.

Just thinking...."up all night" and "last minute" are figures of speech. Figurative language is imprecise language and open to interpretation compared to literal language.
"Up all night" could be no sleep at all, or only 5 hours of sleep or later than I've ever stayed up before. "Last minute" could be 5 hours before or 2.5 hours before or 1 hour before or 1 minute before.
I try to be careful of interpretation when people are using figures of speech.

Many of our comments are conjecture, including yours. When two fourteen year old girls are brutally murdered, every tiny detail matters and any changes should be questioned. There have been no arrests in this case. IMO there's a huge difference between 2.5 hours and last minute. Small details solve cases.

hi all,

kindly advise: so when the guidelines say only mainstream media, how strict is that criteria?

WKAT i know has a media license but not sure if that's considered "mainstream"; though, I did see a potential update. Dont want to discuss unless its allowed!!

The name has been stated on here and mods deemed it not right to post the full name.

It was discussed a thread or two back. If interested, look for posts by mtnlites. She is friend's with the mother of the young girl.

eta she did not go.
Thanks SS for clearing up the link you provided. Only trying to keep all my facts straight.

@oc No I didn't. But I have an idea who it was. It doesn't really matter who, just that there was someone for the point I was making, that was all, no biggie.

@Bird, Looks like you know more about this than me, so please could you link the posts you are referring to? Thanks.

hi all,

kindly advise: so when the guidelines say only mainstream media, how strict is that criteria?

WKAT i know has a media license but not sure if that's considered "mainstream"; though, I did see a potential update. Dont want to discuss unless its allowed!!

IIRC, a couple of threads back they were disallowed by mods. Doubt that has changed. moo

hi all,

I believe WKAT are not considered MSM so permission is needed to post their stuff. They are indeed media but not main stream. If in doubt ask mod permission as Bird and Jax have also mentioned.

Ok what else can we not talk about this evo?
:thinking:

I believe WKAT are not considered MSM so permission is needed to post their stuff. They are indeed media but not main stream. If in doubt ask mod permission as Bird and Jax have also mentioned.

Ok what else can we not talk about this evo?
:thinking:

We could discuss what defines "media" and then I could give everyone a boatload of facts...but that would be OT
:D so I won't do that.

Here's what I saw:

When I went to this link the idea recurred to me that possibly BG knew the bridge to be a popular gps-hunting-game location and he lay in wait there for people to come along knowing that something to be found there would draw people there and those people would likely be distracted? Just a thought ... brainstorming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper