IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this has been posted yet.

I haven't seen it, sorry if it's a repeat.

Liberty's Twitter. She lists her KIK username and other SM as well. May be useful.

https://twitter.com/libby1227?lang=en

ETA: Has anyone PIPL'd all her usernames??

I guess my theory that someone was randomly following her snapchat is still holding up based that her snapchat name is on the front page of her twitter account.

Longtime lurker first time posting. I have relatives that live near the town of Delphi, someone posted on a local board <modsnip> so I'm thinking it's not related, just found it interesting info though. I purposely left out other personal information posted such as the vicinity and the town and some other details they noted and just posted what would be relevant info.

I tried googling that. No luck. But I did find out that a huge number of RSO's work there and at the nearby Tyson plant. I couldn't live in a town with that many freaking weirdos! Not to mention the ones that are unaccounted for!!! One is right there in Delphi. Smh. Don't even look at nearby Illinois. Total system failure there!!!
It's not a system failure. Once you're an RSO, no matter the severity of your crime, your life is essentially ruined. Good luck finding a home that's not in a rural area or a job that's not in a factory. This is how it is for felons in general, even if you didn't go to prison.

I guess my theory that someone was randomly following her snapchat is still holding up based that her snapchat name is on the front page of her twitter account.

Anyone can add you on Snapchat, but if you're set to private, they can't view your stuff. Mine is set up that way, not saying hers was.
27b916cfc02977f5e32469ec4883644d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Longtime lurker first time posting. I have relatives that live near the town of Delphi, someone posted on a local board <modsnip> so I'm thinking it's not related, just found it interesting info though. I purposely left out other personal information posted such as the vicinity and the town and some other details they noted and just posted what would be relevant info.

:welcome4:

Im wondering if maybe after Liberty took the pics of him as he was approaching them on the south end of the bridge, that maybe he went on past. Then being a little creeped out the girls headed back the other way towards the north end and back towards the trail with BG then following them. this would then explain how they were found on the north side of the river and down the north east hill from the bridge..............all just speculation and MOO

They could have crossed the river. It didn't appear too deep. There is a road that goes under the bridge south of the river. Leads to that house close to where girls were found. It's actually a county road. Also...there's a nature preserve west of cemetery that has a path that goes to the bridge. Map showed about 1/2 mile. Wonder if BG was hanging out there. He'd may be able to see that there was no foot traffic MOO

So today my daughter and I went to Delphi. In my 26 year old mind and body, making this trip to hike the trail, cross the bridge, and visit the town while driving two hours each way, stopping to distribute posters was entirely doable.

However, adding 40 years and 50 pounds to that mental image I have of myself to get to reality, made the trip much more challenging.

I have a few pics and a few thoughts, which I'll post shortly.

First, we had a difficult time finding the bridge, even with GPS and internet instructions. IMO no one would randomly find this spot to grab the girls. You have to know it's there and exactly how to find it.

Everytime I try to post a photo, my app crashes.

I'll be back.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Ever since we've learned that the stills came from Libby's phone, I imagine this is what happened.

He starts walking up from the south side of the bridge. Maybe the girls were walking in his direction or still hanging out on the bridge, or perhaps they're on their way to the pick-up point. Anyway, they see him, and something is "off". Maybe he calls for them, maybe he looks at them, maybe he's even walking straight toward them. Whatever the case is he feels out of place to the girls. So Libby pulls out her phone and starts recording video of the creepy guy, out of fear, out of entertainment, maybe a bit of both. Then when they realize he really is coming straight for them, she puts her phone in her pocket because she feels uneasy but is either too afraid or too polite to run away. After that, I have no idea. I do have a feeling he approached them as a friendly stranger but the girls weren't entirely buying it.

Just my two cents on how this may have played out.
The shadowing and sunlight on him show that the sun is shining from his right(i'm in too big of a hurry and need sleep as I originally posted left). Since it is afternoon sun, it should indicate that he is moving North to South with the sunlight on his right/west.
attachment.php

Attachments

• sun direction.jpg
    sun direction.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 571
Others commented that he sounded very calm. I heard excitement and a sort of breathlessness. An adrenaline rush maybe.
My thoughts are so similar I had to double check I didn't make this post as I try to catch up[emoji12]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks dotr!
DNA evidence is top priority in Delphi murder investigation

Here is my condensed version. From dotr link in her post above:

On Thursday, investigators say they had recovered DNA evidence from the Delphi crime scene where two girls, 13-year-old Abby Williams and 14-year-old Libby German were found.

That evidence now has top priority for processing by investigators. It&#8217;s a strong lead, in a case where authorities have been clamoring for any clue about the murderer.

It is now the third piece of evidence investigators have said publicly they have: the grainy suspect photo, that chilling audio of a man&#8217;s voice saying &#8220;down the hill,&#8221; and now some kind of DNA sample.

Police haven&#8217;t said specifically what kind of evidence they recovered, but DNA forensics expert Dr. Gay Bush says that evidence could be anything.
&#8220;It can be items found at the crime scene such as a cigarette butt, or a bottle, or a cup or a straw,&#8221; said Dr. Bush. &#8220;Or it can be bodily fluids if there&#8217;s some kind of assault.&#8221;

&#8220;But if you are fast-tracking it&#8230;if it&#8217;s a case that&#8217;s got some urgency to it, it can be done in a couple of days,&#8221; said Bush.
Link above.
:cow:

They have a picture/video of him. They have his voice. They have his DNA.

All they need is his name.

My God he HAS to be found, right??? It would just be crazy if not.

The shadowing and sunlight on him show that the sun is shining from his left. Since it is afternoon sun, it should indicate that he is moving North to South with the sunlight on his right/west.

Bob, I do not agree with your theory about them exiting the bridge from the north end, but I do appreciate the opinions and especially appreciate the great map/photo work you've contributed to the discussion.

Thanks. I actually had come to that conclusion several threads ago, but I had to second guess myself because I can't see where they'd take the video from that angle on the south side of the bridge. I've looked on Google Earth again. I'm having a lot of trouble pinpointing where they were at.

Anyone can add you on Snapchat, but if you're set to private, they can't view your stuff. Mine is set up that way, not saying hers was.
27b916cfc02977f5e32469ec4883644d.jpg

Yes! SC is unlike fb or IG . Very difficult to see something ( or almost impossible) unless they have accepted you and you choose who to share things with.I have a clan of teens and asked them if people have public SC accounts for anyone to view. They said only the rich and famous, media groups or people trying to make money. I think this is why it's a popular app for teens and college. Private and you choose who to send what to.

BBM

Right, so that makes me wonder if it were just luck that he happened to choose to take them to the North side of the creek, upstream, or did he know that that area was the most secluded, with no trails through or houses nearby? For me the area is in quadrants separated by the bridge and deer creek. If it happened how I think, I feel he passed them on the bridge and then turned and forced them back off the North end. This was risky. It was all risky, but I do feel the initial confrontation occurred on the bridge. After going off the North end of the bridge, they went to the East which is odd to me because the bank is so severe for such a ways and it is sloping gradually uphill. If he were to take them off of the South end, then had to cross the creek with them and again, that would imply that he was compelled to get them to the spot he took them. It is my opinion that he took them where he did because he wanted to get them away from where they could be seen from the bridge or be within view or earshot of a trail or driveway. I also have a theory that he may have had a vehicle at the cemetery or at least left the area that way.

Just my opinion, but I also agree with you. He had to have known the area, so he either is local, was local, or is an employee at either IPC or Tyson in Logansport and heard coworkers talk of the area. (I add this because both plants bus employees in as far away as Allen & Grant Counties).

I think he came past them on the bridge not long after the Snapchat photo was taken. His demeanor led Libby to flip on her video on the phone rather than run. Maybe that was the trigger. I don't know - but then I agree, he turned around. At that point, maybe it wasn't him forcing them - that was when fear kicked in and if he was standing between them and the south exit, their only option was to run to the north, 13yo me at that point would've been thinking, "I can outrun the old guy on a steep slope. I'm nimble." and that could explain how they ended up on the east side.

Common Indiana sense also says "it may be warm out, but that water is going to be less than 50 degrees, because even in the summer it doesn't get very warm." So I can't see either the girls or the perp choosing crossing the water as a first choice.

My heart just breaks. Many times my best friend and I went hiking on our own at that age. Which also just triggered a thought... she was my pastor's daughter. The creek we would follow had a path all the way down to the creek from the cemetery. Back in the day they used it for baptisms. You just may be on to something with the vehicle there as well. Enough that I got cold chills thinking about it. Off to check the topography of it for comparison.

It's not a system failure. Once you're an RSO, no matter the severity of your crime, your life is essentially ruined. Good luck finding a home that's not in a rural area or a job that's not in a factory. This is how it is for felons in general, even if you didn't go to prison.

My son is a felon so I know. System failure because of all of the RSO's that are not in compliance and "whereabouts unknown". Talking about sex offenders. And I could care less that their lives are ruined. I care about the ruined lives of their victims.

Maybe because people are usually really bad at guessing height? I find people can generally say with accuracy that someone is "short" or "tall", but when you ask someone to guess the exact height of someone, the answers are usually wrong and widely varied.

Maybe they are scared of people eliminating people and not calling in tips based on their erroneous guesses at their height. &#128578;
Bingo! Especially someone that's in denial that their loved one could do such a thing. They could dismiss the idea simply by reasoning "well, my brother/father/son/etc is 5'11", the poster says 6'". I could Do see that bring a problem.
(Hi Courtneyb[emoji4])

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members