IN - Abigail Williams & Liberty German, Delphi, Media, Maps, Timelines NO DISCUSSION

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DELPHI PRESS CONFERENCE TRANSCRIPT (2019) - CrimeLights

“Below is the full Delphi Press Conference Transcript. On Monday April 22, 2019, investigators from Delphi Indiana Police, Indiana State Police, The FBI and Carroll County Sheriff’s office invited the media and public to attend a press conference with new information about the murders of Libby German and Abby Williams. They released audio and video footage of the suspect, as well as a new police sketch which looks very different from the well known “Bridge Guy” sketch. Continue below to read the Delphi Press Conference Transcript.”

DELPHI PRESS CONFERENCE TRANSCRIPT (2019) - CrimeLights

SUPERINTENDENT CARTER: I wasn’t sure quite what to expect when I walked out, but I got to say to the Delphi Community, um, I got to say to the Delphi Community how grateful I am. You inspire people you don’t even understand when, you don’t even understand why. Information is being released today is the result of literally thousands and thousands of hours of extraordinary investigative efforts by Delphi, Carroll County, The FBI, The Indiana State Police and countless other agencies. This community surrounded us some 26 months ago. And you did everything you could to support us, but most importantly you surrounded the family of these two little girls. Gosh, I’ll never forget it! After you hear what we’re going to release today I’m going to ask for your continued support, your continued understanding, your empathy and compassion as we move forward to find out who did this….and we will. We’re seeking the public’s help to identify the driver of a vehicle that was parked at the old CPS/DCS welfare building in the city of Delphi that was abandoned on the east side of County Road 300 North next to the Hoosier Heartland Highway between the hours of noon to five on February 14th, 2017 [Note: It has been updated that the date was misspoken- it should be February 13th, not 14th]. If you were parked there or know who was parked there, please contact the officers at the command post at The Delphi City Building. We’re releasing additional portions of the audio recording from that day. Please keep in mind the person talking is one person and is the person on the bridge with the girls. This is NOT two different people speaking- please listen to it very, very carefully. We are also releasing video recovered from Libby’s phone. This video has never before been previously released. The video shows the suspect walking on the bridge. When you see the video, watch the person’s mannerisms as they walk. Watch the mannerisms as he walks. Do you recognize the mannerisms as being someone that you might know? Remember, he is walking on the former railroad bridge. Because of the deteriorated condition of the bridge, the suspect is not walking naturally due to the spacing between the ties. During the course of this investigation we have concluded the first sketch released will become secondary, as of today. The result of the new information and intelligence over time leads us to believe the sketch, which you will see shortly, IS the person responsible for the murders of these two little girls. We also believe this person is from Delphi- currently, or has previously lived here, visits Delphi on a regular basis, or works here. We believe this person is currently between the age range of 18 and 40, but might appear younger than his true age. [Speaking] Directly to the Killer, who may be in this room: We believe you were hiding in plain sight. For more than 2 years, you never thought we would shift gears to a different investigative strategy. But we have. Will you likely have interviewed you or someone close to you. We know this is about power to you, and you want to know what we know. And one day, you will. A question to you: What will those closest to you think of you when they find out that you brutally murdered two little girls? Two children! Only a coward would do such a thing. We are confident that you have told someone what you have done, or at the very least they know because of how different you are since the murders. We try so hard to understand how a person could do something like this to two children. I recently watched a movie called ‘The Shack’, and there’s also a book that talks so well about evil, about death, and about eternity. To the murderer: I believe you have just a little bit of a conscience left. And I can assure you that how you left them in that woods is not, IS NOT, what they are experiencing today. To the family: I hope that you all [the media] will give them some time, because we’re going to be asking that there is no media inquiry, or no media response for at least the next two weeks, and I hope you understand why. The family found out about this information this morning. I just want the family to know that when I take my last breath on this Earth, I’ll be thinking about them. There’s going to be a tremendous amount of questions. I know that, I know that. Never in my career have I stood in front of something like this. Please be patient with us, please. We are just beginning. We are just now beginning, and I can tell you on behalf of The Sheriff and The Police Chief, and so many other partners that have stood with us over this period of time, that we will NOT stop!

DELPHI-PRESS-CONFERENCE-TRANSCRIPT-2019-NEW-SKETCH-ABBY-AND-LIBBY-SUSPECT-1024x608.png

2019 Delphi Press Conference Transcript: Powerful moment from when Superintendent Carter proclaimed “I believe you just have a LITTLE BIT of a conscience left!”

BBM:

Delphi murders 'might' be connected to nearby kidnapping case: Sheriff

April 29, 2021

“There are "several factors" leading police working the 2017 Delphi killings to look into this month's alleged kidnapping of a 10-year-old girl, Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby told ABC News on Wednesday.

Leazenby declined to go into detail and stressed that there's no specific link at this point. He said Delphi investigators are following up like they have on several other potential leads over the years.””

[...]

“A not guilty plea was entered on Chadwell's behalf. His next hearing is set for June 10. His public defender did not immediately respond to ABC News' request for comment.”

Last edited:
Delphi Investigators Are ‘Actively Pursuing’ Accused Predator James Chadwell, Libby German’s Grandfather Says
April 29, 2021

“I know the investigative team is working on it. I've talked to them, and they're actively pursuing this,” Libby's grandfather Mike Patty told Inside Edition.”

[...]

“”I'm certainly hopeful,” Patty said. “I'm waiting for that call from law enforcement, you know?””

[...]

““As bad as I want to get all worked up and be able to say, ‘Yeah, this is gonna be the one, we're just gonna have to wait,” Patty said.”

*video at link
Shows JC walking

*audio/voice:
“So this is what it’s like walking a pitbull”

*report is incorrect, victim was not chained in basement, rather there was a chain lock on the basement door

Last edited:
1:37
"People want to make the assumption that the voice saying "down the hill" it belongs to the person captured in the image from the cell phone, that's not necessarily the case."

Last edited:
“April 22, 2019: Police release an updated sketch of a suspect, saying he was in his mid-20s to mid-30s, based on evidence taken from Libby's cell phone. Police also release video and updated audio of the suspect, also taken from Libby's phone. ISP Superintendent Doug Carter says police believe the suspect is either from Delphi, was from Delphi or worked in Delphi. Police also were looking for information about a vehicle found abandoned on Carroll County 300 North, near the Hoosier Heartland Highway, on Feb. 13, 2019. Police did not release a description of the vehicle.”

Delphi murders: A timeline of the search for Abby and Libby's killer

Indiana State Police Information Channel
Indiana State Police 1.28. 2020 Road Show Delphi

Family of Man Being Investigated in Delphi Case Speaks Out
April 30, 2021

*video

“Chadwell has been in and out of jail since he was a teenager. His body is covered in tattoos. One across his chest says “Rebellious,” but it's another tattoo of a face on his upper arm that's drawing a lot of attention, because some see an uncanny resemblance to the slain Libby German.

Ashley Chadwell said he thinks it’s a relatively new tattoo. “I really don't think he had that tattoo when he got out of prison,” Ashley said.”

Last edited:
“”He’s a monster, exactly. He’s an absolute evil person,” James’ brother Ashley Chadwell told Inside Edition. “Do I think that he's capable of that kind of crime? Absolutely, absolutely. He's shown numerous times not only to his friends, but his family as well that he has that kind of evil streak to him."”

[...]

“Ashley Chadwell says his brother tried to drown him when he was just 4 years old.”

[...]

“”He should be locked up and never let loose again, because he’s a monster,” Ashley added.””

source

“James Chadwell’s stepfather also fears the 42-year-old ex-con may be the mysterious figure caught on 14-year-old Libby German’s cellphone approaching Libby and her best friend Abby Williams, 13, on an abandoned train trestle.

“Is he capable? Probably. And you know, should they let him back out on the street? Not ever. Throw away the key this time,” James’ stepfather said.”

source

Quotes re: possibility of more than one perpetrator

(Via @JudgeJudi)

Delphi murders: What we still don't know two years after the slayings of 2 teenagers
April 22, 2019

“In news conferences on the Delphi slayings, law-enforcement authorities have seemed to focus on searching for one, as yet unknown man, but Riley said that's not necessarily the case. "There's still a possibility there may be more than one suspect. We have not narrowed it down to how many people have been involved in this."

Delphi murders investigation still fueled by tips after three years
Feb. 7, 2020

“The two contrasting sketches led some to wonder if there was more than one person involved in the killings. “We’re not sure about that,” Leazenby said.”

Delphi killings: What we know about killings of Abby and Libby
Feb 12, 2020

Could there be multiple suspects?
Investigators have never said for certain whether there was only one suspect in the slayings. When asked whether they could be looking for more than one person, Riley said, "We're not ruling out anything at this point in time." It's for that reason that investigators don't want to completely discount the earlier police sketch of what looks to be an older suspect. "There's still the possibility of a second person involved in this case," Riley said. "We don't want to say the old sketch is not involved, we just want to say that this new sketch is more indicative of what we're looking for at this time."

Lots of tips, no arrest in 2017 double homicide | Carroll County Comet
April 29, 2020

“Leazenby stated the investigation is not “stalled.” And it has not been determined if there was one or more perpetrators.
“We go back and forth on that,” he said.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member