Found Deceased IN - Aleah Beckerle, 19, disabled, Evansville, 16 July 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the family ever travel? Do we have any information on her or her family's movements in the day or two immediately before she went missing?

(That they could have come in contact with anyone)

Did the family ever travel? Do we have any information on her or her family's movements in the day or two immediately before she went missing?

(That they could have come in contact with anyone)

I don't believe they travelled very much, if at all, but that's a personal opinion.

Speaking of which, her ex, who lived in the home last month, just went to court over shooting a weapon inside the home:

http://44news.wevv.com/evansville-man-accused-firing-shots-inside-home-will-court/

BBM above...

From November 20, 2014
Snipped...
...According to an Evansville Police Department affidavit, officers were called to 403 E Iowa St around 11 p.m. by a woman waiting outside saying her estranged ex-boyfriend, Damarco Wayne Roach, was inside the home refusing to leave. The woman told police she shared the residence with Roach until she filed a restraining order and was granted sole use of the home.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/lo...-gun-meth-charges-ep-785403018-325532351.html

:thinking:

Can someone refresh my memory on who we're allowed to sleuth in a case? It's been awhile since I was on here. I definitely don't want to violate any rules but I've found some interesting things today...

It's got to come for MSM or LE directly related to the case, or the official missing page from admins I think. We cannot discuss FB comments from individuals, and it seems that's where the interesting stuff usually is. Siblings and other family or friends FB pages are off limits. At least this is how I understand the rules. Sometimes, they make changes based on circumstances, but we are usually safe to stay with MSM and LE sources.

Dockins is absolutely correct, but just to clarify a bit further: As of now, LE has not named any suspects or POIs, so Aleah's family members (and everybody else for that matter) are not allowed to be sleuthed. If and when they do however, then anything you may or may not have sleuthed 'behind the scenes' will be allowed :)

Any new news broadcasts? Maybe about the many searching parties? Has the mom been participating in them?

Okay, thanks! All I'll say is I hope that LE is really doing some digging.

I did want to mention something about the neighborhood that this family lives in. It's called Jimtown and it's a pretty rough area (although some streets in that area are perfectly fine, it's kind of weird) - lots of very low-income households, houses in poor condition, lots of vacant homes, and plenty of overgrown empty lots. I'm sure the immediate area has been combed quite well but even in a 1-2 miles radius, there are plenty of places a body could be hidden. For example, there's a public park with a lake about 1.5 miles from their home. There's also Pigeon creek which winds through Evansville and empties into the Ohio River.

Thank you for this info. I am familiar with Evansville, but could not place this area. Is it more inner city?

I do not believe that this article -says it was updated at 7:52 last night- has been posted yet (if it has, my apologies). It sheds further light on what Aleah's home life might have been like ...:

"This is not the only time that Beckerle, who was reported missing by her mother on Sunday, has been in a potentially dangerous situation recently.

An arrest affidavit from less than a month ago shows that Beckerle was nearly struck by a bullet while she was sitting inside her East Iowa Street home on June 16."

"Citing state law, a spokesman for the Indiana Family and Social Services Administration said he could not comment on whether Adult Protective Services has been involved with Aleah Beckerle."

Source: http://www.courierpress.com/news/cr...a-77ed-e053-0100007fb-387969662.html?d=mobile

Thank you for this info. I am familiar with Evansville, but could not place this area. Is it more inner city?

Yes, it's inner city although not the "south side" which has quite a bit more crime. I'm uploading some maps to hopefully help place the area. I also grabbed a 2014 shots fired map that shows the general crime pattern in Evansville, you'll notice that Aleah's home is north of the largest section of crime but it's still in a rough area. I also overlayed the maps since the shots fired map doesn't give much detail on roads and it's hard to tell where everything is. In addition, I marked the park and creek I mentioned earlier.

aleah map.jpgshots fired map.jpgmap overlay.jpg

Also, I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but teams were searching in Henderson, KY yesterday (source) which is 11 miles south of Aleah's home. I also read on Henderson Watch's Facebook page (not sure if this is considered MSM?) that Henderson County police were searching in Henderson again this morning.

Yes, it's inner city although not the "south side" which has quite a bit more crime. I'm uploading some maps to hopefully help place the area. I also grabbed a 2014 shots fired map that shows the general crime pattern in Evansville, you'll notice that Aleah's home is north of the largest section of crime but it's still in a rough area. I also overlayed the maps since the shots fired map doesn't give much detail on roads and it's hard to tell where everything is. In addition, I marked the park and creek I mentioned earlier.

Also, I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but teams were searching in Henderson, KY yesterday (source) which is 11 miles south of Aleah's home. I also read on Henderson Watch's Facebook page (not sure if this is considered MSM?) that Henderson County police were searching in Henderson again this morning.

Great job on the maps :) I know where that area is located at now. I am not from Eville, but go there often. WOW! on the 'shots fired' locations. Eville is really getting bad anymore :( Hope Aleah is found safe soon. Prayers for her.

This case is just really weighing on me today, I've been trying to think of how someone could get her out of the house without anyone noticing. I have a theory but it's a longshot.

I have been studying the house on Google maps (I hope it's OK to discuss this since the exact address was posted on MSM) and I noticed 2 big things. One, it does not appear to have central air as there is a window AC unit in the upstairs window. Two, there is a ramp that goes up the side of the house. I am wondering if perhaps the ramp goes to a back or side door that was left open or cracked to let in some cooler nighttime air. Also, maybe the AC unit upstairs was running full blast. Those things can be really loud, I have one in my apartment and I have to turn my TV way up just to hear it over the AC unit sometimes.

If the door or maybe even a window was open and the AC unit running upstairs where likely everyone else was sleeping, someone could, in theory, get in and out without people hearing. I'm assuming Aleah's room is downstairs because it would be a pain in the butt to carry her up and down the stairs every day.

As to taking her somewhere without the wheelchair, I have a theory about that as well. Evansville has a HUGE problem with people stealing grocery carts and abandoning them in town. There's even a joke FB page about it. So let's say someone got Aleah out and put her in a grocery cart to bring her somewhere. Since she doesn't speak, she may not have been able to make much noise that someone would hear late at night. Then, the person could have taken her wherever or even put her in a vehicle to drive away. No one would think an abandoned grocery cart in their neighborhood is weird because they see it every day.

The question is who would do this and why......

And again, this theory is wayyyy out there but still possible.

Great job on the maps :) I know where that area is located at now. I am not from Eville, but go there often. WOW! on the 'shots fired' locations. Eville is really getting bad anymore :( Hope Aleah is found safe soon. Prayers for her.

Thanks! I did want to note that the map is shots fired calls over the course of a year. They are not guaranteed to be actual shots fired, some could have been fireworks, backfiring vehicles, etc. But in general, yes, things are pretty rough in some parts of Evansville lately.

I do not believe that this article -says it was updated at 7:52 last night- has been posted yet (if it has, my apologies). It sheds further light on what Aleah's home life might have been like ...:

"This is not the only time that Beckerle, who was reported missing by her mother on Sunday, has been in a potentially dangerous situation recently.

An arrest affidavit from less than a month ago shows that Beckerle was nearly struck by a bullet while she was sitting inside her East Iowa Street home on June 16."

"Citing state law, a spokesman for the Indiana Family and Social Services Administration said he could not comment on whether Adult Protective Services has been involved with Aleah Beckerle."

Source: http://www.courierpress.com/news/cr...a-77ed-e053-0100007fb-387969662.html?d=mobile

Ugggg.....what a tumultuous home life.....gunshots in the house, hair pulling, fighting, a brick thrown through a window. My Lord.

Poor soul, she really has been dealt a bad hand in life and I believe she is no longer alive. I do not believe that anyone kidnapped her from her bed, I think she was already deceased and her body was removed and disposed of somewhere. I believe that her caregiver was simply overwhelmed with frustration and lashed out. It is horrible but understandable, especially since the home is likely a dysfunctional and volatile one and the caregiver under a great deal of stress.

I did a bit of research about caregivers a few years ago and statistics were that over 60% of full time caregivers will die before their family member/patient due to illnesses caused from stress, exhaustion, depression and neglecting their own health. It is a 24/7/365 job with no end or respite in sight for so many people. There is not a lot of help out there and the help that is available is expensive, especially for full time caregivers who can not possibly hold a job and care for the family member/patient.

It would not surprise me to learn that the burden became too much and in a moment of despair, the young lady was killed.

Poor soul, she really has been dealt a bad hand in life and I believe she is no longer alive. I do not believe that anyone kidnapped her from her bed, I think she was already deceased and her body was removed and disposed of somewhere. I believe that her caregiver was simply overwhelmed with frustration and lashed out. It is horrible but understandable, especially since the home is likely a dysfunctional and volatile one and the caregiver under a great deal of stress.

I did a bit of research about caregivers a few years ago and statistics were that over 60% of full time caregivers will die before their family member/patient due to illnesses caused from stress, exhaustion, depression and neglecting their own health. It is a 24/7/365 job with no end or respite in sight for so many people. There is not a lot of help out there and the help that is available is expensive, especially for full time caregivers who can not possibly hold a job and care for the family member/patient.

It would not surprise me to learn that the burden became too much and in a moment of despair, the young lady was killed.

We actually have some really great programs in the area for disabled people that are completely free. My husband's step-sister has cerebral palsy and some mental retardation and she has a direct care nurse that takes care of her 8 hours a day, 5 days a week and the family pays nothing for that. On top of that, they receive disability checks for her, free therapy sessions, etc. There's always the option to live in a group home (Easter Seals) for free as well.

What I am more concerned about with Aleah is that her disability benefits were cut for some reason and they started to struggle with paying medical bills and stuff. I hope that Aleah is somewhere safe but I fear for the worst at this point.

I got a really bad feeling you guys. I keep thinking about Isaac Robitille and Kyrian Knox. :(

I don't think anyone we have heard from or saw that we know lives in the home via MSM could disappear Aleah without help. I'm of the opinion still that a person of ill repute who frequents the home is at least responsible for being either completely complicit, or partially by helping with a cover up. The Chief stating that courage would be needed to come forward makes me think courage would be needed to either tell on a loved one, or tell on someone who may be feared due to retribution. I think somewhere, somehow drugs will wind up being involved somewhere, somehow. JMO though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay