IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA lonetraveler! When they say "mom was home sick with the flu" it isn't mentioned that there was another adult living in the home. Who cares that he worked nights and slept days. THEY were the parents. Never would I have ever farmed out my kids if I would have been sick - plus DH was always there too. Raising kids is exhausting work. You do what you have to do - and if there are two of you - you get through it together.

It makes no sense why those girls were with this guy for "almost a week" - NONE!!!!
I really want to hear more about why these kids were left with this guy for so long.

JMHO

I couldn't agree more whole-heartedly. This is not bashing the family. There is no logical reason why those three children were in his care for a solid week. Also, there is evidence that the step-father who worked nights and slept days was on facebook playing games during the day. I think you can see it on the grandma's fb page. The Sheriff knew from the moment he walked into that situation that they were not going to find Aliahna alive. This whole situation stinks. And while I am very sorry that the family lost Aliahna...they really didn't set her up in the best of circumstances.

Bad choices...are not always made because they are the only option. Sometimes, they are made out of ignorance. Sometimes they are made wantonly. Sometimes they are made because the person hasn't learned from past mistakes and continues to make bad choices over and over...not because those choices are the only option...but because their track record of making choices is poor.

Criteria for NC:

Penalties for Non-Compliance: Failure to verify address, failure to change address, failure to register or if information is forged or falsified,; all are Class F felonies and carry a penalty.

Doesn't MP have a forgery charge somewhere?

RP, 58, whose trailer is next to where MP was living, said he didn't think it was odd that Aliahna's mother had him watching the girls for an extended period.

"They had known each other for somewhere of three to four years, I know that, and he took care of their grandfather," RP said. "I didn't see any reason to question it at all."

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/slain-ind-girls-grandfather-1275642.html

When I first read that, I didn't think he meant MP and mom had known each other for that long but that it was MP and grandfather. Now I don't know.

Yes, dog.gone.cute. - the sheriff. I felt for him. It has been a very rough "holiday" for him - and he did say he has children. This will be one Christmas he (and his family) will never forget. I hope he can finally get some down time and go home and be with his family! He (and all of LE that worked on this) deserve it - THANK YOU!

I live near and work in Grapevine TX and I am overcome with all this tragedy especially at this time of the year. I totally agree with the sentence I bolded above. So much evil and I can hardly stand all this that is being perpetrated on children. It is maddening. jmo

I understand the sentiment. But I don't want to escape this world. I want the evils, soulless people in it to be booted off.

But wouldn't there still be a criminal record of the offense? The conviction? Or would it be a misdemeanor, so not located through the usual internet channels?

I dug around and really didn't find anything (before he was arrested). I'm willing to wager a lot here did too.

I'm going to say that probably yes there would be a record somewhere and possibly we can't use internet channels to find them because we would have to know where the offense was prosecuted (at city or county level more than likely) and even then from past experience not all city or counties have their court records online.

Not directed at MM.

Just following the flow of the thread----I think the report of MP being a SO may be a typo or misreporting at this time. JMHO could always change.

I'm still trying to find out more about this "fake buster" stuff and it let me to this site
http://kupika.com/ Very fishy,I think,the girls on there are "anonymous" and very young and inviting others to be their "pen pals" or love interest".....

Why did the three little girls need to SLEEP over at that trailer for a week? Why couldn't they come home and sleep in their own beds? Surely the mom's flu would not prevent the girls from being able to sleep at home each night. I just do not understand that at all.

I live near and work in Grapevine TX and I am overcome with all this tragedy especially at this time of the year. I totally agree with the sentence I bolded above. So much evil and I can hardly stand all this that is being perpetrated on children. It is maddening. jmo
Its safe to say you are safe from the deadly Christmas day events here locally. My children know both deceased children and the shooter. Bahhhhh. All these murders def are maddening.

Not one guest on NG's show tonite has defended the children's mother. Failure all around. Pat Brown said the family "minimized" things about their environment, people around them. No one believes mom had the flu for the "whole week" the kids were staying with MP.

Family has a couple of options for burial/cremation of Aliahna.

A million times yes. I'm sick, worked until 6:30am, slept 2 hours and still spent the day with my kids. And catching up with someone else's turmoil. I think of the family in Conneticut with the house fire, lost all 3 children and her own parents. I would want to die. I think in Aliahna's case.. I'd want to sledgehammer that house to pieces since I didn't get to the perp on time to do it to him.. or I'd come to my senses and be an advocate to keep from wanting to die, like the few good examples of parents that have done just that. Heroes. True parents.

"Minimized"... excellent observation. I wish every woman that gives birth would have to watch the worst cases of what 'friends' and 'family' members have done to innocent children and BABIES. Sexual abuse, torture, dismemberment- man. Sure, it will 'never' happen to them... but put these pictures in their mind. Sorry for the rant. That wouldn't help. But then hold them accountable, like someone mentioned, accessory to a crime for bringing the getway car to the robbery. These are only the kids we hear about. How many just disappear. Dang.

I will gladly join the Sheriff Fries Fan Club. Compared to other missing children cases, this case was solved quickly, with little disruption or sensationalism, and seemingly with what is needed for a successful prosecution. As a law enforcement orchestration, it was a beautifully conducted symphony. My applause and respect to Sheriff Fries. :)

Its safe to say you are safe from the deadly Christmas day events here locally. My children know both deceased children and the shooter. Bahhhhh. All these murders are maddening.

I am so sorry for your children. Grapevine is such a sleepy little town. I spoke to one of the men on the city council today and he said everyone is feeling such pain and wondering what happened. It is just not what goes on here. Seems every holiday there is something. jmo

Criteria for NC:

Penalties for Non-Compliance: Failure to verify address, failure to change address, failure to register or if information is forged or falsified,; all are Class F felonies and carry a penalty.

Doesn't MP have a forgery charge somewhere?

Plumadore is not on Indiana's registered sex offenders list. He has a criminal record in Florida and North Carolina that includes convictions for trespassing and assault, and an Indiana conviction for forgery.

From that same article.

I will gladly join the Sheriff Fries Fan Club. Compared to other missing children cases, this case was solved quickly, with little disruption or sensationalism, and seemingly with what is needed for a successful prosecution. As a law enforcement orchestration, it was a beautifully conducted symphony. My applause and respect to Sheriff Fries. :)

BBM: :rocker: I agree ... and the Sheriff really "got to me" !

:waitasec: Maybe ... :innocent: Sheriff Fries and his team, along with the officers who cracked Tyler Dasher's mom -- could "lend a hand" in solving some of the other missing person's cases out there ...

Whatever Sheriff and his team did WORKED ... just a thought ... :innocent:

:woohoo:

Wouldn't you think that the local media would have uncovered this information regarding MP?

IF MP was a fugitive from Indiana because he is a RSO, I would think they would keep him registered since he has a history of taking off to other states.

I will send the Sheriff a email and see if he responds to me.

ETA: We need to find the charges, court documents, something connecting MP being a RSO even if he is no longer registered.

I googled Sheriff Len Hagaman. He is in recent MSM articles, as recently as within the last week.

I doubt he would be providing inaccurate information.

The information posted, only leads me to believe Sheriff Hagaman was able to access information that MP was required to register in 2007. Was registered in 2007. Was a fugitive from Indiana at the time, but for what crime and if it were related to his RSO status we don't know.

Also, this information coming from Watauga County does not indicate anything more than MP resided in this county at one time. It does not give us any information in what state, county and what date MP was convicted of a crime requiring him to register as an RSO and for how long. If he was convicted in say 1997 and not required to register for more than 10 years he would not have had to register after 2008.

jmo and how I am reading the information.

Not taking up for Mom, but last year I had the flu and was in bed for 3 weeks with 104 fever. I thought I was going to die. I had my dogs to take care of and I did, but I couldn't have taken care of any children. But, why wasn't the grandmother taking care of them? This is just the saddest, most sadistic thing I have ever heard of. Have the other children said anything? How did he kill her without them knowing what was going on?

I have grandchildren eight, nine and eleven and I know that children these ages can be a great help when you are sick. These children are not toddlers who would required constant eyes-on care. I had the flu which turned into pneumonia all during the month of November (and I had the flu shot in August :banghead:. IMO, there was absolutely no reason for the children to be handed over to this "friend" for a week. Now, the stepfather worked nights and slept in the daytime, but again...........no reason for the girls to not be in their own homes, especially at Christmas time. There was something else going on IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CAC6968