IN - Allegations of child abuse at Hephzibah House, Winona Lake, 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sadly it does not work that way. we have to have an escapee or a family member of a current victim make a complaint and that just cannot seem t happen. There is no record or file of who is at the school at any given time so we cannot make complaints on behalf of ghosts. The few girls or family who have files charges were shut down by Williams either claiming all the students were sent home and he is no longer operating or by simply sending home the girl in question. These girls who leave there won't speak out. It took me almost two years to get the courage to call the police station and report what I had been through when I got out. They told me the statute of limitations was up and there was nothing they could do. I asked if I could leave a formal statement and my contact information which they took by phone. Nothing ever came of that. I gathered information for the next several years, even sending a few dollars in donation money so I could get their secret supporter only newsletter. In 2008 Williams called me and told me he was so proud of me and needed my help. I started shaking so badly I had to slide down the wall and sit. He rambled on about how evil former students had found the internet and were trying to sue him and close him down. He asked me to write a letter for his lawyer stating I had never been abused at Hephzibah house and had never witnessed any abuse while I was there. I am ashamed to say I could not say no, even as a grown woman. Paralyzed by fear of this man I managed to stutter that I would have to talk it over with my husband. He shouted "Hallelujah! A submissive woman!" I asked for his lawyer's address and he told me to just send it directly to him and he would edit for me. I immediately went online and found these evil women and joined their group of three women in an open forum searching for other former students. I have since been trying everything I can think of to close him down. I wrote a statement for him all right detailing the horrific abuse I witnessed and experienced. Im the big old lady in the Anderson Cooper clip. I've interviewed with Mother Jones and Fox and staged peaceful protests and worked with the FBI and Indiana police to start a task force. CPS, the police, everyone knows how bad HH is and how at risk these girls are, they just cannot get in.

Disgruntled, I can not even find the words right now. Anxiously catching up. I have so much respect for you.

OMG what I just read... I feel so much admiration for the WS member who endured this nightmare. Disgruntled -you deserve all the happiness in the world and more, your courage and strength amaze me :heartbeat: you are a living example of these qualities.

This!

Welcome to Websleuths, Disgruntled, and thank you for sharing your story.
I've never heard of this place, reading up on it now.
I am so sorry you had to endure this, but I am very proud of you for turning it around to try to help others.

Really awesome and brave. I’m feeling really honored to know you, @disgruntled.

Last edited:
In our country, this is one of only MANY of similar religious schools or groups that are allowed to continue on unchecked despite continuous reports of rampant abuse.

If the victims are children, especially "troubled" ones, for get it. If the abusers are religious, it's pretty much guaranteed that nothing will be done.

We have a national history of harsh abuse of children under the guise of biblical principles, IMO and from what I have studied, obtaining my BA in American Studies.

Here are a couple:

The harrowing story of life inside Alabama's most sadistic Christian bootcamp

Gateway Military Academy once mired in controversy takes new path to progress

Is Teen Challenge an Abusive Rehab Program? | The Wartburg Watch 2019

So glad to see you in this thread. I’m still on page 2. I was so proud to see your post in the Turpin’s thread I think it was, wanting to address all this here. I’m so glad a thread has been started. Thank you @human.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28
Back