IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very happy to see that arrests have been made. Very disturbed seeing what is on SM for some of these guys. The "KILT" gang. Common theme seems to be gang signs, $$$, guns, drugs, and babies. Scares me that so many of these **** gang members have small children around all of this evil. My heart absolutely breaks thinking about Amanda's last moments on earth, she had to be terrified :( Praying that justice is served. Sadly it looks like there are a lot more where these guys came from. Gangs scare the crap out of me, the mentality they have towards the quality of human life is terrifying.

RIP Amanda, justice is coming.

And if Taylor was sentenced to more time for his 2014 home invasion which was just last year; He wouldn't have raped and killed Amanda.

So I do blame the judicial system for her death. Jmo
Blame the courts, but not the LEO's who work their butts off to nab the bad guys. After all of the hard work and effort they put into catching them, not to mention the risk to their own safety, they resent it more than any of us when they see the creeps back on the streets.

Oh, and saw this on a few of their pages. Must be what LE was talking about the "no snitch" mentality.

indy.JPG

Glad to hear they were caught! :happydance:

You guys are great! Keep up the good work! I'm amazed at what you guys have been able to uncover following this forum! You all should be commended for you all are Super Sleuths!

What seems to be bothering me though..is that the suspect is facing 13 charges in the incident...3 murder charges...was she pregnant with twins maybe?? I found that odd. I also found it odd that there is no rape charge. Why? The LE's said it happened, why not charge him with it?

Also, I wanted to post earlier, but I guess I wasn't approved yet...but my thought was that they arrested 4 individuals..1 which wasn't involved. Could it be possible the 4th didn't want anything to do with it and was the person they saw walking around the neighborhood on his cell phone? Could it be that he was on his cell phone and was trying to find a ride? Could this also be the one that is cooperating?

Just my opinion...

Blame the courts, but not the LEO's who work their butts off to nab the bad guys. After all of the hard work and effort they put into catching them, not to mention the risk to their own safety, they resent it more than any of us when they see the creeps back on the streets.

Then maybe they need to protest and sue as well. Jmo.

Hugs?

In terms of the doubting Davey thing, I will admit I had not ruled him out at all, and how could one do that objectively without knowing far more about the case?

It's a great example of why gut feelings and intuition cannot be the only tool in your toolbox in a case like this. Evidence has to be weighted and evaluated with objectivity.

I am still interested in hearing all the evidence for myself, but I'm not finding anything implausible about the horrific way this is believed by LE to have gone down, based solely on the photos of this lifestyle and past crime details of these 3 guys and their associates.

Husband's statement:
http://wishtv.com/2015/11/23/impd-arrest-made-in-amanda-blackburn-murder/

“Though it does not undo the pain we are feeling, I was extremely relieved to get the news of the arrest made last night of Amanda’s killer. The investigators have assured me they have a solidly-built case to ensure justice is levied and the process is expedited. The family and I couldn’t be more thankful for the level of compassion and professionalism the IMPD and investigators have shown us through the last couple of weeks. My hope is for three things in the weeks and months to come:

1. That the court system would have wisdom on how to prosecute this man, so that no one else endures the pain Amanda and our family have had to endure because of his actions.
  2. That through all of this and although there will be great consequences for his actions, he would become truly sorry for what he has done and would even begin to experience the life-transforming power of the Grace and Mercy of Jesus Christ.
  3. That Jesus would give me and our family a heart of forgiveness.
Though everything inside of me wants to hate, be angry, and slip into despair I choose the route of forgiveness, grace and hope. If there is one thing I’ve learned from Amanda in the 10 years we were together, it’s this: Choosing to let my emotions drive my decisions is recipe for a hopeless and fruitless life. Today I am deciding to love, not hate. Today I am deciding to extend forgiveness, not bitterness. Today I am deciding to hope, not despair. By Jesus’ power at work within us, the best is STILL yet to come. Even when I don’t see it, I believe it to be true.”

Wow. He walks the talk, doesn't he? I see him as so dedicated and committed to his faith if these criminals became Christians he'd view it as a good thing to come from her death. I don't understand how that's possible but I honestly believe he could.

Is the Diano guy's last name "Gordon" or "Gordan"? I'm seeing it spelled both ways on reports.

[video=twitter;668851574555414528]https://twitter.com/JulianGrace8/status/668851574555414528[/video]

"Second man now facing murder charges in the Amanda Blackburn case. Prosecutors have charged Jalen Watson with two counts of murder."

Wow. He walks the talk, doesn't he? I see him as so dedicated and committed to his faith if these criminals became Christians he'd view it as a good thing to come from her death. I don't understand how that's possible but I honestly believe he could.

He's not alone. Catholics have St. Maria Goretti, who was eleven when she forgave her rapist as she lay dying. The man later repented and upon his release from prison, devoted the rest of his life to serving others as a Franciscan brother. http://mariagoretti.com/who-is-st-maria/

It is something I don't know if I could do myself, but I try each day. Some people really are so full of faith and strength that they can see the potential for good to come from very painful circumstances like this. I hope that faith helps carry Davey through what has to be an incredibly painful time.

[video=twitter;668851574555414528]https://twitter.com/JulianGrace8/status/668851574555414528[/video]

"Second man now facing murder charges in the Amanda Blackburn case. Prosecutors have charged Jalen Watson with two counts of murder."

Great news, but would still be a shame if they spare one guy the murder charge for snitching. Crossing my fingers this is just a paperwork delay on the 3rd.

Great news, but would still be a shame if they spare one guy the murder charge for snitching. Crossing my fingers this is just a paperwork delay on the 3rd.
I think 4 were questioned. But the only one who didn't get arrested is probably the one who talked. That one told LE he knew of the rape and murder but didn't participate. So he was let go. Then they repicked up Taylor.

I see Larry Taylor is listed as 5'8".

Is there a way to tell from this site (http://inmateinfo.indy.gov/IML) what the outcome of charges was?

I place a huge piece of responsibility for Amanda's death on the judicial system that allows people to commit the same crime over and over and over and over. Why aren't they stopped before innocent people lose their lives? No wonder they don't stop, there's no reason to when a few months in jail just increases their street cred before they're out doing it again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I barely slept, this case still bothers me from the standpoint of the individuals involved just being a fraction of the whole in terms of that lifestyle. Looking at all those facebook photos of jalen watson and his friends, with all the guns/money/stolen jewelry/drugs that they seemed to have so little fear in proudly displaying for photos. They were bragging about this lifestyle of burglarizing people with all those photos. That part just makes me sick. There is even one photo of one who I believe is in the same circle of friends who is standing and flashing what I believe to be gang signs with both his hands and a very young child, maybe 2-3 years old imitating him with a big smile.

It's painful to see that kind of thing, because you know this is indeed a lifestyle and not some isolated events that happen on a whim every now and again. In that respect the mind has little trouble in seeing these individuals as ticking time bombs that eventually explode and do great damage to some innocent family in the right situation.

Every time there's an explosion, the world potentially loses someone like amanda who was such the polar opposite of this lifestyle and chose to take things that others saw as trash and proudly display that she made them into treasures.

Surely LE must have these feelings on a daily basis, being immersed in being the one dealing with the shrapnel and maybe even being thankful each time it doesn't turn into something like this case. San Clemente robbery is a good example. Should someone had woken up, things could have been tragically different.

:goodpost:

It probably sounds crazy but if that were to happen, real Christians would in fact see that as a good that came from evil.

You guys are great! Keep up the good work! I'm amazed at what you guys have been able to uncover following this forum! You all should be commended for you all are Super Sleuths!

What seems to be bothering me though..is that the suspect is facing 13 charges in the incident...3 murder charges...was she pregnant with twins maybe?? I found that odd. I also found it odd that there is no rape charge. Why? The LE's said it happened, why not charge him with it?

Also, I wanted to post earlier, but I guess I wasn't approved yet...but my thought was that they arrested 4 individuals..1 which wasn't involved. Could it be possible the 4th didn't want anything to do with it and was the person they saw walking around the neighborhood on his cell phone? Could it be that he was on his cell phone and was trying to find a ride? Could this also be the one that is cooperating?

Just my opinion...
Welcome, BigCityAccountant.

Hopefully, the charges will be clarified at the press conference.

For now, this is the breakdown of the murder charges and the applicable sub-sections of the code.

Ind. Code § 35-42-1-1 : Indiana Code - Section 35-42-1-1: Murder

One count 35-42-1-1(1)

(1) knowingly or intentionally kills another human being;

Two counts 35-42-1-1(2)

(2) kills another human being while committing or attempting to commit arson, burglary, child molesting, consumer product tampering, criminal deviate conduct, kidnapping, rape, robbery, human trafficking, promotion of human trafficking, sexual trafficking of a minor, or carjacking;

All of the charges can be found at this link by entering his name in the search fields.

http://inmateinfo.indy.gov/IML

As for the fourth person who was questioned and released, he wasn't the guy seen walking down the street. That was Taylor. I tend to think that fourth person wasn't present at all. JMO

:welcome5:

Just my opinion...

Indiana codes pertaining to murder:

35-42-1-1 (1) and two counts of 35-42-1-1(2):

(1) knowingly or intentionally kills another human being;
(2) kills another human being while committing or attempting to commit arson, burglary, child molesting, consumer product tampering, criminal deviate conduct, kidnapping, rape, robbery, human trafficking, promotion of human trafficking, sexual trafficking of a minor, or carjacking; - See more at: http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/incode/35/42/1/35-42-1-1#sthash.2znY1tk3.dpuf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karen Simmons Guinn