GUILTY IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@FrostedGlass - too bad the court site doesn't WHO these people are? I am going to guess on Dr. Kavanaugh - the coroner? Medical examiner?

Any idea who those other people are?

Also - on 9/19 there was another lady after Angela Knox - but it her name is not listed as a witness. I redid Monday's notes with the real names.
Just some possibilities: there's a person with this same name Michael Putzek listed as a forensic scientist in Marion Co. IN. The Townsels could be neighbors

@FrostedGlass - too bad the court site doesn't WHO these people are? I am going to guess on Dr. Kavanaugh - the coroner? Medical examiner?

Any idea who those other people are?

Also - on 9/19 there was another lady after Angela Knox - but it her name is not listed as a witness. I redid Monday's notes with the real names.
He tweeted this after lunch yesterday: "A crime lab technician is testifying by recorded Zoom about evidence gathered in the case." Is that anyone you have on your list?

Just some possibilities: there's a person with this same name Michael Putzek listed as a forensic scientist in Marion Co. IN. The Townsels could be neighbors
Okay - I shall use Putzek as forensic scientist & the Townsels as neighbors.

He tweeted this after lunch yesterday: "A crime lab technician is testifying by recorded Zoom about evidence gathered in the case." Is that anyone you have on your list?
No, I have a woman - lived in apt building that got robbed that morning. Nothing about a crime tech...

Okay - I shall use Putzek as forensic scientist & the Townsels as neighbors.

No, I have a woman - lived in apt building that got robbed that morning. Nothing about a crime tech...
Lol.. put a ? beside them.

Here's what I have for day 1 in the morning:
Davy
an EMT
neighbor lady; lived across the street, they took her pink sweater
another woman, her apt was burglarized as she slept

Lol.. put a ? beside them.

Here's what I have for day 1 in the morning:
Davy
an EMT
neighbor lady; lived across the street, they took her pink sweater
another woman, her apt was burglarized as she slept

Yes that is what I had too. But it looks like the EMT went before Dave - if T. Wilson was the EMT. Anyway... leaving it the way it is - and with that ? mark! :)

Thanks for posting the stuff from the court site - by the way! Very helpful.

Yes that is what I had too. But it looks like the EMT went before Dave - if T. Wilson was the EMT. Anyway... leaving it the way it is - and with that ? mark! :)

Thanks for posting the stuff from the court site - by the way! Very helpful.
I summarized the court records from yesterday; there was nothing entered for the afternoon:
Day 1
09/19/2022 = state calls first witness
09/19/2022 = T Wilson called as a witness
09/19/2022 = David Blackburn called as a witness by state
09/19/2022 = court recesses for 10 minutes
09/19/2022 = Court is back in session and calls next witness
09/19/2022 = state calls next witness, Angela Knox
09/19/2022 = court recesses for lunch
09/19/2022 = court reconvienes after lunch
The end
The court is still out to lunch but the motion for transport order has been entered:
09/20/2022Motion For Transport Order
Transport, Motion

Updated: 9:08 AM EDT September 20, 2022
Davey Blackburn takes stand in trial of Indianapolis man accused of murdering his pregnant wife

Davey Blackburn testified that he got up around 4:30 a.m. on Nov. 10, 2015, read his Bible, then went to the gym at about 6 a.m. He said he left the door unlocked because they only had one house key at the time and it was on his wife's key ring.
Blackburn said he was at the gym for about an hour. He was on the phone with a friend when he came home, so he stayed in the driveway so his conversation didn't wake his pregnant wife or their toddler.
He entered the house after 8 a.m.

--------

It will never make sense to me that the front door was left unlocked. DB entered the home after 8am.

How late did Weston typically sleep? Not many toddlers allow their parents to wait so late in the morning without crying out to be fed. Ave. wake time for toddlers is between 6- 7:30am, according to online data.

Davey didn’t know Amanda had been shot until after she arrived at the hospital. But the EMT observed brain matter near her body.

Rich Nye

@RichNye13
·
Sep 19

Replying to
@RichNye13
Davey found a pack of Swisher Sweet cigars in the house and noticed Amanda's pocketbook on the floor. He did not know Amanda had been shot until after she was taken to the hospital. He later noticed that a backpack with a laptop computer was missing.

Rich Nye

@RichNye13
·
Sep 19

An EMT testified that when he arrived, Amanda was unconscious, but breathing with a pulse. He noticed brain matter near her body. Amanda did not die until the next day at the hospital.

09/20/2022Hearing Journal Entry
Deposition of Natasha Jones is replayed in full.
State calls Denise Clemons as a witness.
State calls Scott Grammer as a witness.
State calls James Davey as a witness.
Daniel Keppler gives testimony
09/20/2022Motion For Transport Order
Transport, Amended Motion
Filed By: State of Indiana
09/20/2022Transport Order Entered
09/20/2022Transport Order Entered
Amended
Court reconvienes after 10 minute break
It's 3:36 pm now. I think the transport order is for Watson.

There wasn't much entered into record after the break. After the last of today's entries, I've included a summary of all the events for today.

Detective retakes the stand
State objects as questions were asked of the defendant before the reading of rights
Court recesses for the day. Return tomorrow morning.

Day 2 09/20/2022
State calls Dr. Kavanaugh as a witness.
State calls Reginald Townsel as a witness.
State calls Raquel Townsel.
State calls Michael Putzek as witness.
Court takes 15 minute recess.
State plays deposition of Natasha Jones.
Defense objects to ATM photos as of right now.
Over defense objection, photo evidence items 119-134 are admitted into evidence.
Deposition of Gary Huddleson is read into the record by Madeline Waterson.
Court takes recess for lunch.
Motion For Transport Order (Jalen Watson, Pendleton? Gordon is in Marion Co. Jail)
Deposition of Natasha Jones is replayed in full.
State calls Denise Clemons as a witness.
State calls Scott Grammer as a witness.
State calls James Davey as a witness
Daniel Keppler gives testimony
Transport, Amended Motion Filed By: State of Indiana
Transport Order Entered
Transport Order Entered Amended
Court reconvienes after 10 minute break (3:29 pm?)
State objects as questions were asked of the defendant before the reading of rights
Court recesses for the day. Return tomorrow morning.

Wednesday, Sept. 21st:
*Bench Trial continues (Day 3) (Blackburn) (@ 9am CT) - IN - Amanda Blackburn (28) (was 12 weeks pregnant shot to death, Nov. 10, 2015, Indianapolis) - *Larry Jo Taylor, Jr. (18/now 25) arrested & charged (11/23/15) & arraigned (11/25/15) with murder willful intent, murder in the course of a burglary, murder in the course of a robbery, murder enhancement, carrying a handgun without a license, criminal confinement, 2 counts burglary (11/10/15), 2 counts of theft (11/10/15), 3 counts of rape (11/3/15), robbery resulting in serious bodily injury (11/3/15), public indecency & public nudity. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Watson & Gordon confessed that Taylor was the shooter. In the Nov. 3, 2015 case, tests found that Taylor's DNA matched samples found on the victim & her clothing.
Bench trial began on 9/19/22. (for Blackburn 3-4 days).
Rape: Trial set to begin on 11/21/22.

First trial (mistrial) info & court info from 12/1/21 thru 8/19/22 reference post #785 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...red-indianapolis-10-nov-2015-4.295601/page-40

9/13/22 Update: Public Indecency: Final pretrial conference hearing on 9/13/22. Rape: Next final pretrial conference hearing on 11/15/22 @ 1:30pm & trial set to begin on 11/21/22 @ 9am (2-3 days). 9/13/22 Update: Public Indecency: Hearing commenced & concluded. Judge Grant Hawkins presiding. Next final pretrial conference hearing on 11/15/22 @ 2:41pm.
9/19/22 Monday, Trial Day 1: 9/19/22 Monday, Trial Day 1: Judge Grant Hawkins presiding. Witness and/or exhibit list filed by State. Defendant in custody & present represented by Cassanova & State by Busby. Motion to have the defendant in street clothes-granted. State (Busby) & defense (Cassanova) give opening statements.
State witnesses: T. Wilson, EMT. Pastor Davey Blackburn, Amanda's husband. Angela Knox, neighbor lady, lived across the street. Another woman, no name given.
for more info see post #797 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...red-indianapolis-10-nov-2015-4.295601/page-40

9/20/22 Tuesday, Trial Day 2: State witnesses: Dr. Kavanaugh, medical examiner. Reginald Townsel, neighbor. Raquel Townsel, neighbor. Michael Putzek, forensic scientist (?). State play deposition of Natasha Jones in full. Defense objects to ATM photos as of right now. Over defense objection, photo evidence items 119-134 are admitted into evidence. Deposition of Gary Huddleson is read into the record by Madeline Waterson.
for more info see post #796, 798 to 800 here:
Transport Order entered-amended (Jalen Watson, Pendleton? Gordon is in Marion Co. Jail)(could be for Watson). Deposition of Natasha Jones is replayed in full. Denise Clemons. Scott Grammer. James Davey. Daniel Keppler. State objects as questions were asked of the defendant before the reading of rights. Court recesses for the day.
For more info see post #812 & 813 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...red-indianapolis-10-nov-2015-4.295601/page-41
Trial continues on 9/21/22.

*Rolando Gonzalez-Hernandez (26) (shot to death, Nov. 4, 2015, Indianapolis) - Larry Jo Taylor, Jr. (18/now 25) charged (12/29/15) with murder, felony murder & robbery resulting in serious bodily injury.
Court info starting on 12/1/21 to 7/13/22 reference post #775 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...red-indianapolis-10-nov-2015-4.295601/page-39
9/13/22 Update: Hearing commenced & concluded. Judge Grant Hawkins presiding. Next final pretrial conference hearing on 11/15/22 @ 2:41pm.

*Diano Cortez Gordan (24/now 30) – Plead guilty (4/5/21) to all charges but murder & sentencing hearing on 5/6/22 was continued. Next pretrial conference hearing on 9/16/22 for murder charges
*Jalen Emmanuel Watson (21/now 27) – Plead guilty (10/27/17) & sentenced to 29 years. Earliest possible release date: 8/17/2037.

Rich Nye

@RichNye13

Alleged accomplice Jalen Watson testifying in prison uniform. Says he was at Blackburn house with Larry Taylor & Diano Gordon for burglary. He & Gordon left in car. When they came back to pick up Taylor, he was outside house. Watson says Taylor said he shot Amanda Blackburn.

Here! I thought I remembered this but couldn't find it. From Rich Nye

Watson testifies the 3 of them burglarized an eastside apartment earlier that morning. Says when Taylor noticed security cameras, he wanted to kill everyone sleeping in house. They stole car keys and stole car out front.

Did Watson testify today - or was that from yesterday? TIA! :)

Rich Nye

@RichNye13

In Blackburn house, Watson says they found billfold and split up cash, found credit card. They then discovered Amanda & toddler son were in the house. The 3 talked about taking her to ATM to get cash. Amanda refused to leave the house, dropped to the ground.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back