IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering how someone who has not been charged with anything, therefore is not yet entitled to a public defender, can afford to hire an attorney when they are a teenager with no job, 2 kids and reportedly living not even in an apt or rental house in the WORST, most deplorable area of a large city, but in a SHED / CAR in the WORST most deplorable area of that large city.

It's always interesting to me how funds suddenly become available or are provided when a private attorney is needed but when the most basic things for two children were needed, no funds to be found.
In high profile cases such as this one, many defense attorneys will actually work pro bono (for free) because it gives them exposure.

A woman is allowed to sleep with as many people as she chooses. jmo LE has only named Lyon as a person as interest and focus of the investigation. They have specifically stated that the mother is not. She is a victim.

Edited to add, I don't believe social media rumors are to be posted here.

A woman certainly can, however in doing so, paternity of any resulting children may come into question. I think this is what the poster you replied to was attempting to point out. According to this news article, that is exactly what some are claiming the argument was about. (Motive)
The weekend incident that led to his arrest may have been fueled by an argument over Amiah's paternity, neighbors and sources close to the family said.
Police: Conflicting stories after disappearance of 8-month-old

"I was playing with her and we were having our time playing and I was actually going to associate with her and she came up missing," said Amber.

What does actually going to associate with her mean? This sounds like some process she has been thru with officials. Did she loose custody at a time and have to be reunited with her child? Did she have problems bonding with this child. It is just such an odd statement. JMHO

"I was playing with her and we were having our time playing and I was actually going to associate with her and she came up missing," said Amber.

What does actually going to associate with her mean? This sounds like some process she has been thru with officials. Did she loose custody at a time and have to be reunited with her child? Did she have problems bonding with this child. It is just such an odd statement. JMHO

I seriously think she has some type of issue where odd words just pop out. We had a friend recovering from a stroke that sometimes just spoke jibberish. It would take forever to figure out what he was trying to say.

Considering all of the conflicting information from all angles.....
On the first day that LE was at the Eagle Creek search site- when they stated "debris" was found, that as it turns out were items belonging to baby, there was an ambulance there along with other SAR vehicles. Ambulance left with lights on a short time after majority of LE.
Would it be outside realm of possibility, in your opinions, that they found the body that day?

Considering all of the conflicting information from all angles.....
On the first day that LE was at the Eagle Creek search site- when they stated "debris" was found, that as it turns out were items belonging to baby, there was an ambulance there along with other SAR vehicles. Ambulance left with lights on a short time after majority of LE.
Would it be outside realm of possibility, in your opinions, that they found the body that day?

IMO yes. For one, I've never seen an ambulance running their lights with a deceased on board. At that point, there is no emergency. I see no reason for LE to misdirect that much.

I've just been thinking about this new information. It seems if RL had any type of brain, he would cooperate and lead LE to this baby. The fact hes led them on a goose chase is imo more than enough circumstantial evidence for a murder charge. It seems like being a cooperative felon might get him maybe half a percent of grace.

I seriously think she has some type of issue where odd words just pop out. We had a friend recovering from a stroke that sometimes just spoke jibberish. It would take forever to figure out what he was trying to say.

I agree. My aunt had blood sugar issues and she would be talking, having a normal conversation with someone and she would say a few sentences or few words (in the same tone of voice) that completely did not fit the conversation, and then right back to normal.

She’s fine now, but was hospitalized while they ran tests because apparently there’s quite a few different things that can cause this. What I remember them testing her for was stroke or series of small strokes, concussion, and brain plaques.

MOO

I think it’s possible the press is helping with the confusion. Amber first said she last saw Amiah Thursday and then changed it to Friday. Is it possible she meant March 7th and 8th? RL was suppose to drop the baby off at the sitters which did happen March 9, which is last confirmed sighting. This could be the reason it had been said the presumed bio-dad was out of town.
Amber doesn’t seem very sophisticated so I could see her being manipulated into waiting to inform police. The Motel 6 date on Friday March 16 might not have been romantic date. She might have thought RL would be giving her Amiah back, hence a “date” with the ex-boyfriend that hd us confused. That could have been when he tried to get her to go with him to get Amiah. She is scared of him and refuses which could lead to the involvement of the bio-dad and the domestic assault along with police involvement.
All of this is MOO, but it would make the statements tie in together.

PD: Search for missing infant in Indiana is now homicide investigation

Mother’s boyfriend named suspect in disappearance of missing 8-month-old

Search continues for Indianapolis baby Amiah Robertson

At least 25 IMPD detectives as well as the FBI, Indianapolis-Marion County Forensic Services Agency, Indianapolis Fire Department and Marion County Prosecuter's Office are currently working on the case. Anyone with information on Amiah's disappearance or the movements of Lyons is encouraged to call the IMPD Homicide office at (317) 327-3475. Citizens can also call Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana at (317) 262-8477. Tips submitted to Crime Stoppers can be anonymous.

Police treating missing Indianapolis 8-month-old as a homicide investigation

I think it’s possible the press is helping with the confusion. Amber first said she last saw Amiah Thursday and then changed it to Friday. Is it possible she meant March 7th and 8th? RL was suppose to drop the baby off at the sitters which did happen March 9, which is last confirmed sighting. This could be the reason it had been said the presumed bio-dad was out of town.
Amber doesn’t seem very sophisticated so I could see her being manipulated into waiting to inform police. The Motel 6 date on Friday March 16 might not have been romantic date. She might have thought RL would be giving her Amiah back, hence a “date” with the ex-boyfriend that hd us confused. That could have been when he tried to get her to go with him to get Amiah. She is scared of him and refuses which could lead to the involvement of the bio-dad and the domestic assault along with police involvement.
All of this is MOO, but it would make the statements tie in together.

You know I had that same thought. Then I thought she could have corrected it at any time. :(

You know I had that same thought. Then I thought she could have corrected it at any time. :(
She definitely could have corrected it, but by that time she might have been advised that her public statements were making things worse for herself and the case. We’ve all seen how confusing her interviews have been. It might have been decided that just keeping quiet would be better than risking another questionable interview.

She definitely could have corrected it, but by that time she might have been advised that her public statements were making things worse for herself and the case. We’ve all seen how confusing her interviews have been. It might have been decided that just keeping quiet would be better than risking another questionable interview.
Protecting herself really seems to be her top priority.

Grandfather of missing 8-month-old 'still hopeful' as homicide detectives take over case

[...]

Amiah's grandfather, Charles "Chuck" Robertson, told News 8 he had suspicions about Lyons days before he was publicly identified as a suspect.

"I trust detectives to do what they need to do," Chuck said in a phone conversation the morning after police made the announcement. "We just have to stay hopeful."

Without a body or forensic evidence confirming Amiah's death, Chuck said he refused to abandon hope that she could still be found alive.

Her mother, however, was "miserable" and in "total distress" after learning the case had been turned over to homicide detectives, her family said.

[...]

The ambulance is required to be there when rescue teams or divers are dispatched to an area in the event that they get into trouble. If the Ambulance left sirens on, they were done at that site and headed to respond to another call.
Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member