IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm naive, but she seems appropriately upset in the Steve Jefferson interview.

She seemed upset in the interview I saw. She also seemed not terribly bright and like she was just trying to come up with phrases she'd heard others use.

I think I'm also probably someone who is not very good at reading people though. I also think everyone else just reads a ton of stuff into the situation. I mean I would not assume something was off with mom just from the interview except I know her child is missing and her story for how that happened is inconsistent and stupid sounding.

I wish they'd tell us what the boyfriend is saying. She's accused the boyfriend of doing something to the baby. He's in custody. Does he deny this? Is he blaming mom? Is he just not talking? What the heck is going on there?

I never can remember the social media rules.

Basically, don't link to or talk about comments on social media pages. The only posts that can be referred to are the ones made by LE or official MSM. When an individual is made an official POI or under arrest for a crime relating to the missing person, then we can link to their FB page and discuss things they have personally posted on their page.

At least I think that's the main things.

She seemed upset in the interview I saw. She also seemed not terribly bright and like she was just trying to come up with phrases she'd heard others use.

I think I'm also probably someone who is not very good at reading people though. I also think everyone else just reads a ton of stuff into the situation. I mean I would not assume something was off with mom just from the interview except I know her child is missing and her story for how that happened is inconsistent and stupid sounding.

I wish they'd tell us what the boyfriend is saying. She's accused the boyfriend of doing something to the baby. He's in custody. Does he deny this? Is he blaming mom? Is he just not talking? What the heck is going on there?

There were a few things that made me think she may be holding back some info from the media interviewer.

She used "was" a number of times when talking about Amiah, in places where the interviewer hadn't pre-empted that usage and where you'd expect her to use present tense.

When the reporter asked her about the last time she held Amiah, instead of saying "it was when I handed her over to X to take her to the babysitter's, she said that she got a feeling of joy from holding Amiah, and that she was an amazing person...this is usually eulogization terminology, not terms you use in an active missing person case where you're concerned for the individual's safety and every second counts.

She claimed that the (ex) boyfriend would tell her where Amiah is but that she's too frightened to be with him in case he hurts her. Is that an expected parental response when that baby could have been dumped alone in the woods and be starving to death or attacked by wild animals at any moment? But instead of talking to the person she believes knows where her baby is, she'd rather talk to media about how scared she is that he might give her (mom) a bruise or a broken bone?

Her forehead never seems to furrow very much. Lots of sniffling and cuffing but not a lot of other animation in her face.

There's no real sense of urgency and her concerns about Amiah being 'safe' do sound a bit too much Chris Watts-like.

There are other things there too, but those are some of the things that concern me most.

I just started watching the FB interview.
This guy knows where her BABY DAUGHTER is, and will tell her if it's just her alone, but she doesn't feel safe with that.... so.....???

(30 seconds in, and I've decided to transcribe this - I need to see this nonsense in B&W)

This guy knows where her BABY DAUGHTER is, and will tell her if it's just her alone, but she doesn't feel safe with that.... so.....???

(30 seconds in, and I've decided to transcribe this - I need to see this nonsense in B&W)
I know right! So take the police with you or send the police! Bunch of balony

The reporter doesn't ask when she last held her, he says, "tell me about the last time you held Amaih--what was that like" and she says, "it was like joy".

Yes, but I believe the more natural response would not be to describe one's feelings but to describe the situation in which it happened, especially considering this would most likely have been the last time she saw Amiah prior to reporting Amiah missing.

That's why it was such a great question from the reporter, because it elicited this response instead of a time or place. What she's answered is far more useful information than a simple time and place.

ETA the normal response would be related to the aim of getting the child found asap, describe circumstances in order to assist LE, and maybe struggling to say something like "...and I handed her over" or "....and I put her in her car seat and watched him drive away with her".

Most reporters wouldn't have asked that question in the same way, they would have gone for the time/place/circumstances to which she would have responded with time/place/circumstances not solely with feelings and emotion. Despite him using a question which was far 'better' for LE interview technique, she responded about feeling and emotion, not with an answer to offer any illumination into her baby going missing, which is supposed to be her main priority in life at this point.

Last edited:
Yes, but I believe the more natural response would not be to describe one's feelings but to describe the situation in which it happened, especially considering this would most likely have been the last time she saw Amiah prior to reporting Amiah missing.

That's why it was such a great question from the reporter, because it elicited this response instead of a time or place. What she's answered is far more useful information than a simple time and place.

It's brilliant. I've been hoping to see more of this ever since the epic Watts request 'Tell us about your shirt'

Yeah, that part got my hinky meter up.

There is a screenshot here by JMR... if true?? Wow!

Steve Jefferson

Totally not related to that comment, but I just thought of something...

Where was baby boy when AR and her bf/ex were holed up in the Motel 6? Would you leave your kids with two different babysitters?

Okay, I guess if the children had different dads then they might be with different babysitters. But I would be interested to know why they weren't both together, who she thought the babysitter for Amiah was supposed to be, etc.

And what were the circumstances of realising Amiah wasn't where she was supposed to be and reporting her missing?

Where was baby boy when AR and her bf/ex were holed up in the Motel 6? Would you leave your kids with two different babysitters?

Okay, I guess if the children had different dads then they might be with different babysitters. But I would be interested to know why they weren't both together, who she thought the babysitter for Amiah was supposed to be, etc.

And what were the circumstances of realising Amiah wasn't where she was supposed to be and reporting her missing?

I'm hoping with his father.

I think the boy's dad is decent, so I'm going to assume he has primary custody. Take that as my own opinion and theory only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smash5070