IN IN - Ashley Morris Mullis, 27, Muncie, 19 Sep 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just heard about Ashley’s case on brain scratch. Makes me sick her poor parents can’t find their daughter or see their grand baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just heard about Ashley’s case on brain scratch. Makes me sick her poor parents can’t find their daughter or see their grand baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wholeheartedly agree with you. The Attorney who also handled the illegal adoption should be disbarred. They have had a tip apparently that Daniel Sr. is alive and well, and are offering a reward for proof. I would think one would be able to prove that though through the internet. My heart hurts for this family, that woman in Florida is no relation to that baby and should not have her.

I truly believe that the person responsible for this woman’s disappearance is the man who she had a relationship with. There is so many cons about the story that it’s absolutely crazy the police have never done more investigating then they should have. The man was married, she was having his child and I’m almost certain that he wanted to get rid of her not just because he was in trouble with his wife but because he more than likely, like many other men, did not want to pay child support for that baby. He was a suspect in a previous homicide from 2010 of another young twenty some year old girl who ended up losing her life after her hotel was set on fire. My thoughts are he had gotten away with it the first time, so he was certain and he knew the second time to dispose of a body properly. My heart breaks for Ashley’s family, I am too from Indiana, Muncie is only hours away from me. This hits home knowing that there’s many women here in Indiana that have been missing and there’s been no leads. ISP needs to step it up and give these families some closure.

Article from March 2018 that I didn't see posted.

Deputies believe fake private investigator is preying on family of missing Muncie woman

The latest tip led Ashley's father, Don Morris, to a spot in the reservoir in rural Delaware County. Don knows the spot well. He used to go fishing there.

On Tuesday, investigators pulled a barrel from the water. They're testing it for DNA. Cpl. Walthour isn't confident it's tied to Ashley's disappearance, but Don still has hope.

"This tip came through that my daughter was on the back side of a reservoir, had been put in a barrel of acid and had been thrown into the water," Don said.

Search for missing Muncie woman resumes

MUNCIE, Ind. — A search for any sign of a Muncie woman who went missing seven years ago continued Thursday at a home near Yorktown.

Delaware County sheriff's deputies, with assistance from FBI agents, began their search — at a property along Delaware County Road 725-W, between Division and River roads — on Wednesday morning.

Those efforts ended as darkness approached late in the afternoon, but resumed Thursday morning,

Wow, hope they find something.

The "find" facebook page for Ashley no longer exists, does anyone know why this is?

I just joined. I live in Muncie and have followed the case in the newspaper. My heart breaks for her family. Then in March, I lost my middle daughter to illness, in October I lost my youngest daughter to addiction/ drug overdose. So I really wish I could help this family find some peace.

I just joined. I live in Muncie and have followed the case in the newspaper. My heart breaks for her family. Then in March, I lost my middle daughter to illness, in October I lost my youngest daughter to addiction/ drug overdose. So I really wish I could help this family find some peace.
I am Anderson. So sorry for your loss. Her dad just breaks my heart!

Missing Muncie woman remembered on birthday
DOUGLAS WALKER | Muncie Star Press
13 hours ago
MUNCIE, Ind. — Family members this week commemorated the 36th anniversary of the birth of Ashley Morris Mullis.

Given that the Muncie woman — the mother of three children — hasn't been seen since September 2013, it was a bittersweet experience.

Mullis' father, Don Morris, on Tuesday was outside the Delaware County Justice Center, where a display — featuring a poster and T-shirts focused on his daughter's disappearance — had been set up, along with a birthday cake.

"At this point I do believe they're working the case," the father said of Delaware County sheriff's investigators. "I believe they're working it sincerely and not beating around the bush like I've got (from prior administrations).

"I feel firmly that this department does care."

While John Branson, a detective with the sheriff's department, said Tuesday he could not discuss details of the probe, he did say investigators have had "some positive steps toward resolution."

Read more: Muncie's Ashley Morris Mullis disappearance investigation continues

MUNCIE, Ind. — An inmate at the Delaware County jail is accused of misleading sheriff's investigators about the fate of a missing Muncie woman.

Jesse Allen Mansfield, 41, is preliminarily charged with obstruction of justice and false informing.

According to an affidavit, Mansfield on July 8 contacted John Branson, an investigator with the Delaware County Sheriff's Department, and claimed he had information on the case of Ashley Morris Mullis, a Muncie woman who was last seen by friends and family in September 2013.

Family members in March set up a display, outside the Delaware County Justice Center, commemorating the 36th birthday of Ashley Morris Mullis, a Muncie woman missing since 2013.

In a letter to the detective, Mansfield claimed he had a cell phone with a video that showed Mullis' remains. He also reported he knew two people who were aware of her body's location.

Deputies drove Mansfield — who is awaiting trial on intimidation and domestic battery charges — to a home in Eaton where he claimed the phone was. "The phone was not there," Branson wrote.

Mansfield then led deputies to the Daleville area and a bridge spanning the White River, and claimed Mullis' body was buried there. No human remains were recovered.

Mansfield — who said he wanted a "deal" to get out of jail in exchange for information on the missing woman — also claimed his wife could verify his account.

Branson then contacted the wife, who is incarcerated. She reported having no knowledge about her husband's claims.

According to the affidavit, Mansfield eventually admitted he had lied, saying he was "looking out for himself."

According to the document, Sheila York repeatedly lied in proceedings concerning the adoption, at one point contending she was unaware whether the child had any living relatives, and providing false background information about Ashley Morris Mullis.

She also is accused of falsely telling Florida authorities she had notified the child's maternal grandparents about her plans to adopt the girl.,

In November 2020, a search was conducted of a property — along Delaware County Road 725-W in the Yorktown area — that had been owned by the York family.

Human remains were not recovered during the 2020 search, but unspecified items found at the property were submitted to an Indiana State Police lab for evaluation.

According to the document, Sheila York repeatedly lied in proceedings concerning the adoption, at one point contending she was unaware whether the child had any living relatives, and providing false background information about Ashley Morris Mullis.

She also is accused of falsely telling Florida authorities she had notified the child's maternal grandparents about her plans to adopt the girl.,

In November 2020, a search was conducted of a property — along Delaware County Road 725-W in the Yorktown area — that had been owned by the York family.

Human remains were not recovered during the 2020 search, but unspecified items found at the property were submitted to an Indiana State Police lab for evaluation.
Thank you! Phone wasn't allowing me to copy paste

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mommysbabies24
Back