GUILTY IN - Breana Rouhselang, 17, pregnant, murdered by teen dad, Mishawaka, 9 Dec 2018 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’m glad he’s being charged as an adult. He admitted that it was pre-meditated and confessed to the whole thing. I’m not liking the “not guilty” plea.
Apparently, he suffered a concussion recently. Said concussion was sustained playing football. His defense might allege that this horrible crime was a consequence of that concussion. They will try to blame the school, the football department, the school nurse and God knows who else. If he kept playing after the concussion, the school may be getting in a bit of trouble here. We will see how this will unfold but, since he plead not guilty, this seems to be the most logical route for his defense to go through.

It's strange to me that this young man thought murder was a viable solution. I wonder the same thing about Chris Watts and many others. Have we gone so far beyond the pale that committing murder no longer holds any horror, any fear for the state of our own soul? What has happened to this country that murder is often the first option to solving a problem? I believe it began when prayer was taken out of our schools and now God is following suit. What is left to fear, to keep people, especially the young, from committing these atrocities? Do we have any consciences left, or do people feel there is no need for one these days? If such is the case, all we can expect is things to get worse and worse, our murderers younger and murders more heinous. IMO

IMHO mankind has been this way since the beginning of time. Our inherent need to be the survivor. To be the top of the food chain. Well, we got here. Our flaws, and our instincts, have kept up with us.

There is an evil. Inside some men, and women, and sadly even children. No matter their race. No matter their religious upbringing. This disconnect from a moral reality. Greed and corruption don't help in our future outcomes either. That's another opinion, for another time.

Be safe. Extra hugs for the loves in your lives. <3

Yeah, I don't believe Breana didn't want the baby or, at least, to give birth to the baby. Why wait six months if you don't want to give birth? Apparently, Breana's father did not know she was pregnant. Aaron's parents did not know she was pregnant or anything about her, at all. How come two teenagers have some sort of relationship, the teen girl gets pregnant and nobody seems to know about the whole thing? How come nobody around these kids knew that they spent time together (I mean, they had to)? He did confess, but this whole situation is very odd. Did the other kids at school knew they were together or was this a big secret, for some reason?
Maybe there was no relationship. For two people to generate a baby, all they sometimes have to do is to get together once. Not saying that's what happened here, but it's a possibility. Some teenagers keep their pregnancy secret from everyone, but in this case her mother knew. Her father doesn't live with them, he has a new wife so they didn't inform him.

Last edited:
Can a Father Sign Off Rights in Indiana?

"In Indiana, both parents may agree to put a child up for adoption. This situation, called voluntary termination of parental rights, is the only way in which a father can voluntarily give up his rights and responsibilities towards his child (Indiana Code Article 35). Voluntary termination can also occur if both parents agree; a father may only sign off his rights if the mother concurs."
Exactly. To give a child up for adoption, she'd have to agree. For him to sign off his rights, she would have to agree. Abortion would be completely up to her, and it would have been too late by the time she was 6 months pregnant, even assuming she ever would agree to it.

For the record I don't believe Aaron's telling the truth when he says that neither he or Breana wanted the baby. It's not remotely believable that he killed her if they both didn't want the baby. He killed her because he believed he was going to be on the hook financially for this baby for 19 years. There might not be an abortion clinic in town but if someone wants one it's not that hard to find a way to get to one. I'm assuming we aren't talking about a 5-6 hr drive or something crazy.

I'm kind of surprised he was so brutally honest in his confession and his motives BUT thought he could get away with saying she didn't want the baby. What did he even kill her for if she didn't want the baby?! If shed didn't want the baby and chose not to abort then the only option was adoption and it sounds like he would have only been too happy to sign away his rights.
She might have not been thrilled about being pregnant (not sure many teenagers would) but that doesn't mean she would have given the baby up for adoption. I agree, his motive sounds like he didn't want to be on the hook financially for many years, so if she were willing to give the baby up for adoption, it wouldn't be a concern. so I agree, she likely didn't want to give the baby up for adoption.

If a woman has a child when the father of that child expressed that he has no interest in being a father to that child, can't the father just sign over his parental rights and that will excuse him of paying child support and other parental responsabilities like, actually being in a child's life?
No, the father can't just sing off the rights unless mother of the child agrees. Otherwise there would be tons of dead beat dads and government would have to pay for all these children. And I am pretty sure government doesn't want that.

Maybe there was no relationship. For two people to generate a baby, all they sometimes have to do is to get together once. Not saying that's what happened here, but it's a possibility. Some teenagers keep their pregnancy secret from everyone, but in this case her mother knew. Her father doesn't live with them, he has a new wife so they didn't inform him.
Maybe Aaron has a new girlfriend, and assumed having a pregnancy with another girl would cause a breakup. (logical)

from the court site with new court date.

12/11/2018 Order on Initial Hearing"
DPA Oleck, Defendant in Custody with Attorney Hosinski (temporary appearance) appears. Preliminary plea of not guilty entered. To hire Private Attorney. Defendant is held on NO BOND. Defendant is NOTplaced on Pretrial Supervision.
Judicial Officer: Hardtke, Elizabeth A - MAG
Order Signed: 12/11/2018

12/11/2018 Advisement of Rights Conducted
12/11/2018 Omnibus Date 2-13-19
12/11/2018 Report Filed
CR 26
File Stamp: 12/11/2018
12/11/2018 Hearing Scheduling Activity
Initial Hearing scheduled for 12/19/2018 at 8:30 AM.

12/12/2018 Automated Paper Notice Issued to Parties
Order on Initial Hearing ---- 12/11/2018 : Aaron Romeo Trejo
12/12/2018 Automated ENotice Issued to Parties
Order on Initial Hearing ---- 12/11/2018 : Kenneth P. Cotter
12/12/2018 Appearance Filed
Appearance of James F. Korpal for Defendant
For Party: Trejo, Aaron Romeo
File Stamp: 12/12/2018

12/19/2018 Initial Hearing
Session: 12/19/2018 8:30 AM, Judicial Officer: Hurley, Elizabeth Cardwell

link: Case Search - MyCase

This guys is pretty dumb to think he would get away with this.

How on earth he though a life in prison was better than taking the hit with his parents and the $$ involved in paying to support the child is beyond me.

And furthermore, you are not going to lie to investigators and get away with it before they start catching you in lies. They are wayyyyyy ahead of you punk. The truth will come out, whether you believe it will ahead of time or not.

I never understand why men who don't want to be fathers don't use condoms. Preventing a pregnancy is so easy nowadays. I just don't get it.

Looking at his mugshot gave me shivers. He looks cold as ice. Terrifying really. I hope gets a very long sentence.

Poor Breana and baby. RIP.

For the record I don't believe Aaron's telling the truth when he says that neither he or Breana wanted the baby. It's not remotely believable that he killed her if they both didn't want the baby. He killed her because he believed he was going to be on the hook financially for this baby for 19 years. There might not be an abortion clinic in town but if someone wants one it's not that hard to find a way to get to one. I'm assuming we aren't talking about a 5-6 hr drive or something crazy.

I'm kind of surprised he was so brutally honest in his confession and his motives BUT thought he could get away with saying she didn't want the baby. What did he even kill her for if she didn't want the baby?! If shed didn't want the baby and chose not to abort then the only option was adoption and it sounds like he would have only been too happy to sign away his rights.
I agree. And my eyes were rolling when the family mention he had a bad concussion. Something isn’t adding up. I sympathize with both families because they are each dealing with a loss, more one family than the other. It just is beyond my realm of understanding on how this young man and people like CW feel like they are invincible, won’t get caught, the answer to all of their issues is murder? How can that be the obvious solution? It’s not like it’s a surprise that you will be incarcerated. They think they won’t get caught for some bizarre reason. But to value another human’s life with such little regard, to solve a life problem. I just can’t fathom it. IMO

Family Of Teen Accused Of Killing Pregnant High School Cheerleader Say He's 'Far From Being A Monster'

"I took action. ... I took her life," he allegedly told authorities. Rouhselang was found stabbed multiple times and strangled with a scarf inside a dumpster located behind a restaurant.

Still, family members have come forward to speak to Trejo’s personality.

“This is not him. This is not in his character,” Alexzaundra Patton-Manu, the suspect’s aunt, told the Daily Beast. “Everybody’s still in shock.”

She told the publication that her nephew suffered a “bad concussion” during this past autumn’s football season.

“That could have messed with his mind,” she said, adding that overall Trejo was “far from being a monster.” Rather, he was just a “typical kid” who “loved sports.”

Meanwhile, Patton-Manu said that her family, most of whom have declined to speak to reporters in the wake of Rouhselang's death, has experienced abuse since Trejo became a suspect in the case of Rouhselang’s death.

“All of us go to church. We’re all God-fearing people,” she said. “We just want everybody to stop trying to harass everybody in our family. We didn’t do nothing wrong.”

Families of Slain Pregnant Cheerleader — and Classmate Who Allegedly Murdered Her — Speak Out

Breana’s father, Dave, said he had never heard of Trejo and when asked if he believes the teen was the father of Breana’s unborn child, answered, “We’ll have a more clear answer on it later but I do believe so. That in my mind is probably the motive behind this.”

In the last few months, Breana’s grades had been slipping, her family said. Still, she seemed like the happy, sweet girl she had always been. Her father, Dave, telling the Daily Beast his daughter was “the most caring, innocent person you could ever meet.”

Mishawaka High School football player confesses to killing Breana Rouhselang, who was pregnant, court papers say - CNN

(CNN)A 16-year-old Indiana high school football player confessed to fatally stabbing a pregnant schoolmate after she waited too long to tell him about the pregnancy to get an abortion, according to court papers.

Aaron Trejo, a member of the Mishawaka High School football team, was charged Monday with murder and feticide in the death of Breana Rouhselang on Saturday. The 17-year-old junior and cheerleader at the school east of South Bend was six months pregnant, her mother told police, according to an affidavit. An autopsy confirmed the pregnancy.
Trejo entered a preliminary plea of not guilty at his arraignment on Tuesday and will be held without bond. His next court date is December 19.

WNDU‏Verified account @WNDU
BREAKING: A preliminary "not guilty" plea has been entered for Aaron Trejo, the 16-year-old Mishawaka High School student who is charged with murder and feticide in the death of pregnant classmate Breana Rouhselang. Bail has been denied.

10:45 AM - 11 Dec 2018
MYE1SgWf

Wednesday, Dec. 19th:
*Initial Hearing (@ 8:30am ET) – IN – Breana Rouhselang (17) & unborn baby (6 mos pregnant) (Dec. 9, 2018, Mishawaka) - *Aaron Romeo Trejo (16) arrested (12/9/18) & charged (12/10/18 as an adult) with murder & Feticide def. knowingly or intentionally terminates human pregnancy with intent. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Confessed to killing. Got angry because she didn’t tell him she was pregnant with his child & too late for an abortion.
12/11/18 Arraignment: Plead not guilty, held without bond. Initial hearing set for 12/19/18. Omnibus hearing on 2/3/19.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LinLu
Back