IN IN - Bryson Muir, 14, *poss in danger*, Logansport, last seen leaving Ohio w/his mother, Kristen Muir, Servant Leader’s Foundation, 16 Jun '24

But details shared by those who lived on the group’s compound paint a bleak picture for more vulnerable members of the ministry. Numerous former followers tell of an existence ruled by an unbending adherence to the Old Testament, under the watch of a controlling leader who limits members’ interactions with the outside world. There are allegations of mistreatment of women and children, lack of access to proper health care, animosity toward the queer community and at least two instances of aggressive recruitment of teenagers against the wishes of their families, all while onerous financial demands make it difficult for anyone to leave.

Straitway members acknowledge that many believe they are a cult, whether it’s YouTube testimonials that address then dismiss the perception, or when KGB, in his interview with Sports Illustrated, called attention to his shirt, emblazoned with the word CULTURE—the CULT offset—across the front. Whether you call it a church, an extremist group or flat-out a cult, this is where Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila has pledged his faith and dedicated his life.

* * *lots more at link
oh no.

jmo

But details shared by those who lived on the group’s compound paint a bleak picture for more vulnerable members of the ministry. Numerous former followers tell of an existence ruled by an unbending adherence to the Old Testament, under the watch of a controlling leader who limits members’ interactions with the outside world. There are allegations of mistreatment of women and children, lack of access to proper health care, animosity toward the queer community and at least two instances of aggressive recruitment of teenagers against the wishes of their families, all while onerous financial demands make it difficult for anyone to leave.

Straitway members acknowledge that many believe they are a cult, whether it’s YouTube testimonials that address then dismiss the perception, or when KGB, in his interview with Sports Illustrated, called attention to his shirt, emblazoned with the word CULTURE—the CULT offset—across the front. Whether you call it a church, an extremist group or flat-out a cult, this is where Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila has pledged his faith and dedicated his life.

* * *lots more at link
That was a difficult read!

I don't see anything under the name "Servant Leadership Foundation," but I'm posting a link to a very long article from Sports Illustrated, dated July 18, 2020. It is about ex-NFL players who are members of an organization called "Straightway," which is believed, by some, to be a cult. Dan Muir is the head of the Indianapolis chapter of Straightway. The article mentions his wife, Kristin (their spelling) and his three sons. (I haven't read the full article yet -- it's lengthy.)

Along with Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, at least two other ex-NFL players have joined Straitway, the controversial ministry that many consider to be a cult.

Muir now heads up the Indianapolis chapter of Straitway. His wife, Kristin, and their three sons followed him. Kristin stopped wearing makeup, began wearing a head covering and sold her Louis Vuitton and Gucci purses and wallets on Facebook, part of Straitway’s teachings to live simply, save money and share everything with the ministry.

For instance, in March, Muir paid $450,000 for a house and 59 acres of land in Logansport, Indiana, 75 miles north of Indianapolis, to build an independent community. Muir would not say whether Mathis lives with him on the land, though Muir has posted several group photos of the Indianapolis community families to his personal Facebook page. Muir’s wife and sons are pictured, and so is Mathis, but Brandi and their children are not.

Yikes.

On June 18, two days after he went missing, Cass County child welfare workers contacted Indiana State Police regarding allegations of abuse on the Bryson Muir. The domestic battery is alleged to have occurred inside the boy’s home in the 1700 block of West US Highway 24 in Logansport. In a photo provided to the news media, the boy appeared to have a swollen, black eye

*I found that yesterday and confirmed they have the same middle name but just could not believe it so I passed on it. But maybe it really is him...
*Daniel Travanti Muir out of Logansport, IN
View attachment 513310

Muir is one of many siblings and was raised by his Jamaican native parents in Lanham, Maryland. He married his college sweetheart Kristin Wright on April 25, 2009.
This was my thought too. I also wonder if he has incipient CTE.

The police and FBI need to look into every person mentioned in this article with ties to Daniel Muir and any person at involved in this religious entity. Also they need to look into people, especially vulnerable people that he's given money to on charity that would hide his son. We all know this many and these ex NFL players and the likes have money stashed all well telling others they've given up wealth. They never do. He's recognizable figure and his photo should be blasted all over SM until his son is found.

That’s exactly what I was thinking. Brain injury from getting his head knocked in the NFL that could show up in the form of making irrational decisions and/or being overly aggressive.
Sorry I will not make brain injury excuses for this man. His wife that is obviously supporting didn't get a brain injury. What's his mom's excuse?

Sorry I will not make brain injury excuses for this man. His wife that is obviously supporting didn't get a brain injury. What's his mom's excuse?

I’m so tired of hearing CTE, if football is that damn dangerous why is it still being played. People were saying this about Aaron Hernandez, no some people are crazy on their own, stop giving them a pass!

I’m so tired of hearing CTE, if football is that damn dangerous why is it still being played. People were saying this about Aaron Hernandez, no some people are crazy on their own, stop giving them a pass!
Especially now that there is awareness surrounding CTE, unlike in the past. I went to school with some people who had fathers that played in the NFL in the 80s and 90s and it looked a lot like depression and mood disorders later in life, as opposed to violence (luckily). It’s really sad, especially not knowing what’s happening to you.

The child’s parents, including a former Indianapolis Colts player now named as a person of interest, are now in the “early stage of cooperation” with investigators.

Bryson is the son of former Colts defensive lineman Daniel Muir, who is now a person of interest in the investigation.

Grandma’s report​

Bryson was last seen by non-parental family members on June 16 after leaving his grandmother’s home outside Cleveland, Ohio with his mother, Kristen Muir, in a white 2015 Chevrolet Suburban. The child’s grandmother reported to police that the child had a black eye and might be being abused by his parents.

Indiana State Police Capt. Ron Galaviz said it was just minutes between when the son and mother left the home and when local police pulled over her Suburban. However, officers said Bryson was not found inside the car with his mother.

“It was minutes, it wasn’t a very long period of time whatsoever,” Galaviz said. “But in that period of time, Bryson wasn’t able to be found. We don’t know where he went.”

The child’s parents, including a former Indianapolis Colts player now named as a person of interest, are now in the “early stage of cooperation” with investigators.

Bryson is the son of former Colts defensive lineman Daniel Muir, who is now a person of interest in the investigation.

Grandma’s report​

Bryson was last seen by non-parental family members on June 16 after leaving his grandmother’s home outside Cleveland, Ohio with his mother, Kristen Muir, in a white 2015 Chevrolet Suburban. The child’s grandmother reported to police that the child had a black eye and might be being abused by his parents.

Indiana State Police Capt. Ron Galaviz said it was just minutes between when the son and mother left the home and when local police pulled over her Suburban. However, officers said Bryson was not found inside the car with his mother.

“It was minutes, it wasn’t a very long period of time whatsoever,” Galaviz said. “But in that period of time, Bryson wasn’t able to be found. We don’t know where he went.”
That is very strange.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rouark50