GUILTY IN - Carmen Ellis, 3, beaten to death, Indianapolis, 21 Aug 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Reports say mom was in the home at the time of the last beating and had been aware of marks and bruises in the past. The usual excuses were offered. "he would explain marks away" "I was afraid to question him" yada yada yada :sick:

Fox 59 has learned that Cruz told the judge other inmates had a hit on him. He claimed he was told he had a week or less to live. According to officials at the jail, Cruz has been staying in a cell by himself and is on suicide watch.

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-man-...e-ordered-hit-on-him-20120824,0,626930.column

I am not a perfect person. This gives me some small measure of satisfaction. I hope Mr. Cruz enjoys the feeling of knowing people want him dead. Maybe he will then know how very helpless poor Carmen felt every time he beat her.

Yes and I can only hope it is as unfair a fight as a grown man beating to death a three-year-old. What a miserable waste of air.

Mom can rot in prison with him...and in h-e-double hockey sticks. I'm fed up.

Mother is imo just as guilty!! She knew what was going on and let it continue - if she stopped this the first time and made sure her daughter was never around the boy friend again she would be alive today. She needs to be charged!!
I wish there was a way justice could inflict the same torture that these animals do to these innocence little children - let them die in the same way they killed - let them feel what it is like to die the same way!!
I'm sorry, but this just so sad and makes me so mad that the mother didn't keep this little girl away from him- these evil people make a deal so they will not be executed and they get to sit in prison and have a life - they still get to enjoy TV, the radio, eating, reading, seeing people while this child gets a cold ground!!
I'm sorry, it just makes me sick that he even bit her and worst - her mother did nothing to stop it!! How sick is that!!

Authorities are investigating if Carmern's "mother" is involved in her death. Authorities say the case is ongoing.

http://www.indystar.com/article/201...-3-year-old-daughter-last-week?nclick_check=1

Hope Carmen gets justice!

I know what you are saying and where your heart is, but the thing is there will NEVER be justice for Carmen because she is cold and dead.

I am so sick of these miserable taking innocent lives for their own sick and selfish "needs" and am even MORE angry at the mothers who put a bedwarmer before their own HELPLESS FLESH AND BONE!!!!!!!

I want to scream and cuss and kick. I am DONE with this crap. Arrest that loser mom and spay her. She wants to behave like a stray animal???? FINE! Treat her like one! If it is humane enough for precious dogs and cats who aren't able to make reproductive choices, then it is appropriate for *advertiser censored**holes who allow their sick boyfriends to perform post-term abortions on their innocent babies.

I apologize but I am seething and so frustrated. :(

I know what you are saying and where your heart is, but the thing is there will NEVER be justice for Carmen because she is cold and dead.

I am so sick of these miserable taking innocent lives for their own sick and selfish "needs" and am even MORE angry at the mothers who put a bedwarmer before their own HELPLESS FLESH AND BONE!!!!!!!

I want to scream and cuss and kick. I am DONE with this crap. Arrest that loser mom and spay her. She wants to behave like a stray animal???? FINE! Treat her like one! If it is humane enough for precious dogs and cats who aren't able to make reproductive choices, then it is appropriate for *advertiser censored**holes who allow their sick boyfriends to perform post-term abortions on their innocent babies.

I apologize but I am seething and so frustrated. :(

Totally agree. I just want charges brought against the "mother". I know what you are saying there is no justice for victims in the criminal justice system. All that we can hope for is that those who commit crime are punished to the full extent of the law and hopefully by God if you believe in him.

Totally agree. I just want charges brought against the "mother". I know what you are saying there is no justice for victims in the criminal justice system. All that we can hope for is that those who commit crime are punished to the full extent of the law and hopefully by God if you believe in him.

I suppose our main hope should be that there may be justice for the next little one whose "parents" fail to protect her from scum. That swift and severe punishment for these crimes, including complicit mothers may serve as a deterrent to future abuser/murderers.

This world just makes me so sick :(.

From October 2013:

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...-old-sentenced-to-75-years-in-prison/2995151/

Cruz, 22, was sentenced Wednesday to 75 years in prison for the fatal beating of the child. Should he still be alive once he completes his sentence, he will be deported back to Guatemala...

Cruz pleaded guilty last month to charges of murder and aggravated battery in the August 2012 death of Carmen.

From August 2014:

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...-years-role-year-olds-fatal-beating/13683769/

The mother of a 3-year-old girl who was fatally beaten in August 2012 was sentenced to 20 years in prison Wednesday for her role in her daughter's death.

Samantha Ellis, 25, had pleaded guilty to neglect of a dependent resulting in death, a Class A felony. According to the Marion County prosecutor's office, Ellis did not get medical treatment for her daughter, Carmen Ellis, and failed to keep her away from Ellis' then-boyfriend, Jose Cruz.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025
Back