In case you missed it. Nancy Grace addresses the Burke Ramsey “break.”

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've listened over and over as well, and I can't hear "3:00." I can't tell what he says: (muffled) in the morning is what I can hear (or think I hear).

I can't understand it either. Maybe, "A lot of people there that morning". I'm definately not hearing a number.

I think the confusion came in when this interview was transcribed. I had never heard the actual interview, just read the transcription and it did say "at 3 am"; however, several years later, after Patsy's death, they did a sort of memorial for her on LKL with Lin Wood and clips of this interview, the 3 am part of the interview was taken out of that transcription. I don't think he actually said it.

OK maybe I'll accept there's no SFF. I'm just curious, though, how was SFF ruled out? Scientifically, statistically, specific evidence, or what?

Was it because the ransom note specifically stated SFF and we're too smart to believe that silly bogus unprofessional ridiculous amateurish ransom note? Maybe if the ransom note said 'we are NOT sff' then someone would believe it?

Sorry but I missed the whole rationale behind excluding SFF. I'm sure it was both thorough and poignant.

What I said was "No one, not the R's, not Smit, not any LE agency ever believed that a SFF ever wrote the RN." You need to ask them why they don't believe there ever was a SFF. I don't have the official report that you are always looking for, but I have read that the FBI eliminated the SFF theory as staging. What I do know is that if the R's or Smit ever believed it really was a SFF, they would still be shouting this from the rooftops. Other than profiler's looking at the RN some years ago, you never read anything about a SFF these days.

I totally agree with your description of the RN though.

It's only a paradox if you want it to be.

Like I told Amy Noel, that may be the key right there.

Everybody getting all of this, or am I just talking to myself?

Snipped for space. No, Super, you aren't talking to yourself. I'm getting it. Keep on keeping on.

Without it, all you have is a dead girl in her own house with sexual injuries. - SD

hmmm.

I've always considered, maybe that's what the Ramseys found that night, and PR rather than perp, is the protector and the fall guy.
Bingo! Fall guy for John the sex offender... IMO:twocents:

If that is so, and it very well may be so, you have to ask who she took the fall for. I really don't think she'd do that for a husband who had sexually molested and then killed their daughter. Not without there being something that could be pointed back at her. As far as I am concerned, a mother would take a fall like that for one person- her child.
Actually, no, some women will protect their man, no matter how bad he is over their child, especially when it comes to sexual abuse. Mothers often don't believe their children. In my case, my mother chose to believe her brother not capable of such a thing over her own daughter...

What I said was "No one, not the R's, not Smit, not any LE agency ever believed that a SFF ever wrote the RN." You need to ask them why they don't believe there ever was a SFF. I don't have the official report that you are always looking for, but I have read that the FBI eliminated the SFF theory as staging. What I do know is that if the R's or Smit ever believed it really was a SFF, they would still be shouting this from the rooftops. Other than profiler's looking at the RN some years ago, you never read anything about a SFF these days.

I totally agree with your description of the RN though.

my bold

What profilers years ago? And can you source your matter-of-fact statements (in bold)?

My description of the RN? I was characterizing RDI's description. My description of the RN is that it is distant, cold, threatens unusual violence on a child, and too damn long and effectively written considering it was within hours of a brutal child murder.

Filicidal parents don't write fake ransom notes. Its never happened.

Actually, no, some women will protect their man, no matter how bad he is over their child, especially when it comes to sexual abuse. Mothers often don't believe their children. In my case, my mother chose to believe her brother not capable of such a thing over her own daughter...

1. I'm sorry to hear of your situation. That must have been horrible for you.

2. I'll go a step further to add that ESPECIALLY in cases where the man is the sole breadwinner will a mother believe him over their child. And especially again, when that man's breadwinning allows the mom to have money, possessions, status, etc. It's a sad, sad state, but money talks in almost every situation. It just depends on what each person will do for it.

LinasK, I am so sorry for what you went through. I can't say that I know how you feel, but I do know the horror you feel when it happens to someone you love. To a normal human being it is impossible to think that someone you love would be capable of such a heinous act. It is unthinkable to have to choose; however, if the choice is between my child and anyone else, my child is going to be believed.

Kidnappers and other criminals seldom TELL THE TRUTH in something like a ransom note.

Dear Family and FBI,
I am a 30 something, sexually frustrated individual who could not resist breaking into your home and kidnapping your daughter. You have money and I'd like you to share it with me. Please get 118,000.00 together and I'll return your daughter unharmed. Of course I don't want to commit tax evasion so here is my SS# so the proper amount of taxes can be taken out. I have 2 dependents and this will be my sole income for the year.

Yes when monkeys fly out my hind quarters.
A ransom note in itself is not going to give away TRUE information about the motives or who the kidnapper is. A person would have to be very naive to BELIEVE the information revealed about the kidnapper in the ransom note. In fact quite the opposite. Instead of being a foreign faction it was more likely a lone American. The opposite of what the note says. If you are being watched most likely in any situation, not just some RN warning, who ever is watching you isn't going to tell you "you are being watched". The best way to observe someone and catch them doing something- from cheating on their wives/husbands to seeing if they call the police is to not make them aware they are being watched. This way they don't go to any lengths to disguise what they are doing. Telling someone you are watching them is just about certain you are not being watched. Believing ALL ( the stuff that reveals who, what and why, The "personal" information that could be used to identify a suspect) the RN is something only something a very naive person would do.

Kidnappers and other criminals seldom TELL THE TRUTH in something like a ransom note.

Dear Family and FBI,
I am a 30 something, sexually frustrated individual who could not resist breaking into your home and kidnapping your daughter. You have money and I'd like you to share it with me. Please get 118,000.00 together and I'll return your daughter unharmed. Of course I don't want to commit tax evasion so here is my SS# so the proper amount of taxes can be taken out. I have 2 dependents and this will be my sole income for the year.

Yes when monkeys fly out my hind quarters.
A ransom note in itself is not going to give away TRUE information about the motives or who the kidnapper is. A person would have to be very naive to BELIEVE the information revealed about the kidnapper in the ransom note. In fact quite the opposite. Instead of being a foreign faction it was more likely a lone American. The opposite of what the note says. If you are being watched most likely in any situation, not just some RN warning, who ever is watching you isn't going to tell you "you are being watched". The best way to observe someone and catch them doing something- from cheating on their wives/husbands to seeing if they call the police is to not make them aware they are being watched. This way they don't go to any lengths to disguise what they are doing. Telling someone you are watching them is just about certain you are not being watched. Believing ALL ( the stuff that reveals who, what and why, The "personal" information that could be used to identify a suspect) the RN is something only something a very naive person would do.

Or a person who wanted to throw so many hints that one of them might stick. Too bad the biggest hint was the handwriting. Has anyone here NOT seen the exemplars where Patsy's "Q" is exactly like the RN? It is a most unusual way of making that letter- looks like a figure 8.

Or a person who wanted to throw so many hints that one of them might stick. Too bad the biggest hint was the handwriting. Has anyone here NOT seen the exemplars where Patsy's "Q" is exactly like the RN? It is a most unusual way of making that letter- looks like a figure 8.

And her a's look like this....(a)....with the little hood at the top, just like the RN author's. Hmmmmm...coincidence? I think not.

CathyR, let me ask you a favor. What do you think about what I said?

"they're were alot of people there early that morning"...that's what I heard.

Filicidal parents don't write fake ransom notes. It's never happened.

Etilema said:
Does this count stepmothers?

Yeah, I was just coming to that!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/zahra-baker-case-letters-suggest-adam-baker-involvement/story?id=12043321

Elisa Baker reported her stepdaughter missing on Oct. 9 and was arrested a day later on unrelated charges. She was later charged with felony obstructing justice for allegedly writing a fake $1 million ransom note in relation to her daughter's disappearance

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demee
Back