IN - Chesney Allen, 5, drowned in pond, Indianapolis, 19 April 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Friends, Family Remember Drowned Girl
Makeshift Memorial Constructed At Pond Where Girl Died

POSTED: 10:39 pm EDT April 20, 2010

INDIANAPOLIS -- Family members, friends and neighbors of a 5-year-old girl who drowned in a retention pond on Indianapolis' southwest side earlier this week gathered Tuesday night for a vigil in memory of her.

The mother of Chesney Allen attended the vigil, but she broke down crying so hard that she could barely stand, 6News' Ericka Flye reported.

The girl's drowning happened near the Valley Brook Mobile Home Park, near High School Road and Kentucky Avenue, on Monday night.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/23214990/detail.html

Memorial display for little girl catches fire

Indianapolis - Fire burned down a memorial display honoring five year-old Chesney Allen. She drowned in a retention pond in her family's Decatur Township neighborhood earlier this week.

Angry neighbors have contacted Fox59 News wondering if it was intentional. Firefighters said there were candles burning near the display recently, but they aren't sure if that's what started the fire.

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-chesney-allen-memorial-fire-042310,0,4080654.story

I'm sorry, and maybe I have read too many of these stories and become jaded, but I find it highly suspicious that (assuming) nobody saw what actually happened, that the father would jump to blame the six year old. I really hope he didn't have anything to do with it, but it just seems odd. In any case, rest in peace little one.

Does anybody wash the kids mouth out with soap anymore? My father did and I learned not to say stupid things. I really don't think a 6yo saying "I'm going to kill you" means a whole lot. He doesn't know what killing is.... and kids just say and do things for no reason. The parents job is to teach the kid he can't say things like that, can't run wild breaking stuff in the house. Actually I believe some kids need a swat. They need discipline and guidance. Parenting does not mean letting the kid do whatever. "I'm going to kill you" heard more than once needs some soap in the mouth.

Want to add that the pond is a danger mainly for the fact that another COULD push your kid in. Geesh..... seems some parents expect kids to never do anything senseless or idiotic and thats just not how kids are. A 5yo and 6yo out playing alone together something is going to happen.

Memorial display for little girl catches fire

Indianapolis - Fire burned down a memorial display honoring five year-old Chesney Allen. She drowned in a retention pond in her family's Decatur Township neighborhood earlier this week.

Angry neighbors have contacted Fox59 News wondering if it was intentional. Firefighters said there were candles burning near the display recently, but they aren't sure if that's what started the fire.

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-chesney-allen-memorial-fire-042310,0,4080654.story

That's creepy

I'm with you, jjenny. No evidence.

Also - both my boys said nutty, inappropriate things at 5 and 6 - including statements about "killing someone or something" (they got it from Bugs Bunny) so it's hard for me to get hopped up by the mother's statement without knowing more.

Prayers to these families.

Yes, as did mine!

That's creepy

Well, I am not surprised at all that something with candles near it would burn down. I don't think anyone intentionally burned it down, I bet it caught on fire because of the candles. People put burning candles around things and then what exactly is the surprise when things catch on fire?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back