IN - Collin Walker, 4, slain, brother injured, Terre Haute, 13 June 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- The 4-year-old boy police said was killed by his father during an Amber Alert was laid to rest Tuesday, a week after his death.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/9396072/detail.html
9391718_240X180.jpg

Has anyone heard how the 4 yr old little boy is doing? I will never understand how a parent can murder their own children either but it is happening all of the time and seems to be happening more and more. I could understand if the adult suffered from mental illness and was hearing voices or was just beyond thinking reasonably but most of the people lately who have murdered their children aren't mentally ill. I think most of the time it is about revenge towards the other parent.

I hope this guy gets the death penalty too. For anyone who murders a child the death penalty should be automatic. Just think of what those little boys went through at the hands of their own father. He doesn't deserve to draw another breath.

dottierainbow said:
Katron was hiding in a trailer with the boys. It is believed they were stabbed in there.It was reported on news last night that the police were waiting on a dog before they went in. Katron had both boys and went in the water. The woman who called police there in th 1st place grabbed the 2 year old Monte.The water was murky and it was dark and I believe it took 1.5 hrs. to find Collin.

Why in the world did they have to wait for a dog before they went in? They are the police for pity sake. If they had gotten their butts into that trailer they might have saved that little boy's life and saved the little one from even getting stabbed. If they really thought they needed a dog why in the hell didn't they have that all arranged before they even went to the trailer. This is just so upsetting. Those poor little guys had to have been terrified of their father....the person who they trusted and who was supposed to keep them safe and he starts stabbing them. I wonder just how long the cops stayed outside that trailer while they waited for a dog? That is just the most stupid thing I've heard. If I were the mother I would be getting some answers.

Txmom said:
Meggily, while we all believe that a parent has to be mentally ill to murder their own babies, lets hope that the courts rule that he is sane. Personally I want nothing to get in the way of a jury and or judge declaring that he is guilty and should be executed. I dont care that he was on drugs, he made the decision to take the drugs, and he has to accept the consequences of his actions.
He most likely will be declared sane -- it's very hard to get declared INsane in this country, you have to be seriously, flamboyantly out to lunch.

I don't believe mental illness should be used as a way of evading responsibility either. I believe some people really are legally insane and not responsible for their actions, but only a very few. Merely having a mental illness doesn't cut it.

It confuses me how the police were unable to free Collin from the grip of his dad. Do you think it was because he was incredibly strong from the drugs? Maybe Katron still had the knife and was threatening to cut Collin even more if the police advanced? Couldn't they have just shot Katron in the head in a surprise attack? Not trying to put blame on the police but I am having a hard time understanding the flow of events.

UPDATE:

Amid extra security and a packed court room, Walker and the family of the son he murdered learned his sentence: 95 years in prison handed down by Judge David Bolk.

...Walker had no visible reaction.

But he did have a chilling message for his surviving son Monte as he walked out of the courtroom, saying to his ex-wife, "Tell Monte I'll be waiting for him."

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/crime...271448_2816806

"tell Monte I'll be waiting for him"!!??

Seems like a threat to me! :furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back