Circumstances​

Date of Last Contact February 2, 1993
NamUs Case Created January 2, 2024

Last Known Location Map

Location Evansville, Indiana
County Vanderburgh County
Missing From Tribal Land No
Primary Residence on Tribal Land--
Circumstances of Disappearance Last seen leaving his place of employment in Evansville, Indiana. Danny lived in Princeton, IN.

Physical Description​

Hair Color Sandy
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye Color Blue
Right Eye Color Blue
Eye Description--

Distinctive Physical Features​

No Information Entered​

Clothing and Accessories​

No Information Entered​

Additional Case Info​

Transportation​

1974 Chevrolet​

Style Pickup
Color White and Yellow
State Indiana
License Plate110311A
Expiration Year--
Comments Disappeared with vehicle
© 2024 NamUs 2.0 Privacy Act Statement DOJ Privacy Policy

Just added to The Charley Project 1/10/24

Danny Wayne Bayler​

• bayler_danny.jpg
Bayler, circa 1993
  • Missing Since02/02/1993
  • Missing From vansville, Indiana
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth08/15/1959 (64)
  • Age33 years old
  • Height and Weight6'1, 160 pounds
  • Medical Conditions Bayler may have been depressed at the time of his disappearance.
  • Associated Vehicle(s)Yellow and white 1974 Chevrolet pickup truck with Indiana license plates
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Sandy blond hair, blue eyes.

Details of Disappearance​

Bayler was last seen leaving his place of employment, Sentry Windows in Evansville, Indiana, after finishing his shift on the afternoon of February 2, 1993. He never arrived at his home in Princeton, Indiana and has never been heard from again. His vehicle, a yellow and white 1974 Chevrolet pickup truck with Indiana license plates, is also missing.
Bayler divorced in 1992 and had been living with his father in Princeton for about five months prior to his disappearance. His father stated that on the day of his disappearance, he behaved normally, packed no extra clothes and left the house at his usual time, leaving his new shoes in the closet and wearing an older pair.
He said Bayler was struggling with his divorce at the time of his disappearance and was experiencing financial problems. He seemed depressed, was losing weight and had trouble sleeping. Bayler's father had asked him if he was using drugs, and Bayler told him he couldn't afford to buy drugs.
His father believes suicide could be a possible explanation for Bayler's disappearance, but the circumstances are unclear and the case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency​

• Indiana State Police 812-867-2079
  • Princeton Police Department 812-385-3437

Source Information​

Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated January 10, 2024; casefile added.

Glad to see Danny added to further databases. When I initially put his case into NAMUS, it was rejected, but the local NAMUS coordinator said he'd review with the local PD to try and get him added. I had been going through this PDF which has a ton of missing people from Indiana who aren't in other databases.

There don't seem to be any significant bodies of water on the 40-minute trip from Evansville to Princeton. However, the Ohio River is directly south of Evansville, literally minutes away from where he was last seen.

Could he have accidentally or even intentionally driven into it, and that's why his car wasn't found?

Thank you for sharing. I've added this to my list of cases to look into for my podcast. I look into disappearances in the Evansville, Indiana, area. I haven't heard of Danny's case before I saw this post. There doesn't appear to be a lot out there about it.

River would be my first thought. Is there any way to search gravel pits in the area? Not so much now, because they are more restricted, but gravel pits use to be very deep and dangerous swim/ fishing areas that locals would go to. I know close to this area in Illinois there are several (now) but not sure of then.

River would be my first thought. Is there any way to search gravel pits in the area? Not so much now, because they are more restricted, but gravel pits use to be very deep and dangerous swim/ fishing areas that locals would go to. I know close to this area in Illinois there are several (now) but not sure of then.
I know that Rick White and a few underwater dive teams (Narked Divers & Brothers Underwater Recovery) searched several of those pits owned by Peabody Coal within the past 6 months in their search for Andi Wagner, a young woman who has been missing for over a year. I interviewed Rick prior to the search.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CameraSnap
Back