GUILTY IN - Emma McAfee, 2 mos, (mom Rachel found alive), Indianapolis, 4 Mar 2019 *mother arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe there was a suspicion that Rachel would be violent if someone tried to take the baby away from her.

Maybe the husband is simply an enabler, and was too worried about invoking Rachel's ire if he tried to stand up to her. I agree it is horrible that Emma had to pay the price for this; but he wouldn't be the first family member of an alcoholic who made this type of decision, to placate the alcoholic before anything else.

It is hard to understand why he wouldn't then attempt to shadow her steps and follow along; however maybe they only had one vehicle. I'm not the least bit surprised that if Rachel knew she was going to an intervention, that she decided to have one last debauch before she gave up; because that is how alcoholics think.

There were clearly a lot of bad decisions made here; but I don't think that some of these decisions are as mysterious and sinister as some are thinking, if one has a little extra knowledge of alcoholism and alcoholic and enablers' behavior. IMO, a bottle was more important to Rachel than her daughter; and avoiding getting Rachel upset, was more important to the husband than taking care of Emma; because it's easier to maneuver around a small baby in time and space, than it is to maneuver around a furious grown adult :( . I would at least have considered calling the police for a welfare check, and/or reporting her license plate so she could be pulled over; but maybe there are mitigating circumstances that made this impossible.

JMO, MOO, etc.

I wonder if she has tried rehab or any other treatment programs at any point in the last two-plus years.

“After being released on bond for more than two years while awaiting trial, McAfee is now being held without bond at the Marion County jail. Court records show she has continued to struggle with alcoholism.

Prosecutors claim McAfee has repeatedly violated the terms of her release by using alcohol or missing tests 25 times just this year.

A petition to revoke bond details how in April, with a blood alcohol level above the legal limit, McAfee gave birth at Hancock Regional hospital to a child who did not survive.“ (BBM)

So if not for the stillbirth, how much longer would this have been allowed to go on?

WTH
The husband doesn’t understand contraception? Just keep having babies so she can kill them?
I had lots of questions about the husband’s responsibility the first time and now I have even more. He should be charged, IMO. I’m not sure this woman is sober long enough to even consent to sex, much less another pregnancy. (I am assuming she’s still married to the same person.)

Well this was pretty much a blip in the local news.

“sentenced to 16 years in the Indiana Department of Correction.”

Indy mother sentenced to 12 years in DOC as part of plea deal in baby daughter's freezing death

“Rachel McAfee agreed to plead guilty to neglect of a dependent as part of a plea deal. Her sentence also includes 4 years of work release. A second neglect charge was dismissed as part of the plea agreement.”
Some of these sentences are hard to understand. They dropped the F1 and agreed to the F3. She sat there drunk while her baby froze to death.

Rachel E McAfee
Case Number 49D32-1903-F1-008752

10/29/2021 = Judgment
Judicial Officer: Stoner, Mark D
01. 35-46-1-4(a)(1)/F1: Neglect of a Dependent Resulting in Death but resulting in death AND
• Dismissed
02. 35-46-1-4(a)(1)/F3: Neglect of a Dependent Resulting in Serious Injury but resulting in
• Plea by Agreement

Some of these sentences are hard to understand. They dropped the F1 and agreed to the F3. She sat there drunk while her baby froze to death.

Rachel E McAfee
Case Number 49D32-1903-F1-008752

10/29/2021 = Judgment
Judicial Officer: Stoner, Mark D
01. 35-46-1-4(a)(1)/F1: Neglect of a Dependent Resulting in Death but resulting in death AND
• Dismissed
02. 35-46-1-4(a)(1)/F3: Neglect of a Dependent Resulting in Serious Injury but resulting in
• Plea by Agreement

I don’t understand it either. It’s so aggravating.

An aside:
I did not recognize her when I saw the article. It’s remarkable how much her appearance has changed in this relatively short window of time.

I don’t understand it either. It’s so aggravating.

An aside:
I did not recognize her when I saw the article. It’s remarkable how much her appearance has changed in this relatively short window of time.
Wow. She looks like a completely different person.

I wouldn’t want to be her. Can’t imagine how you live through this.

Obviously she didn’t intentionally kill her baby. I assumed she’d get off more leniently, but I’m glad she didn’t. Hopefully she can use her teaching background to do something positive while in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paperdoll1
Back