IN - Four sisters, ages 5-11, die in Flora house fire, Nov 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am from Indiana & Flora is a small town of around 2000 people. When I saw this thread yesterday I was shocked that the victims where black. I saw they had moved to Flora from Missouri & wondered how they chose Flora. Today I checked Wikipedia & found the black population of Flora @ .3 %. That would place the African American population at around 5-6 people.
So that would be this whole family, presumably there are none living in Flora now.

Are we allowed to have the girls names in the title of the thread and in the posts?

Flora fire confirmed to be arson; IFD reviews

Article dated Jan 2018

Confirmed to be arson, so this is murder and it is therefore a criminal investigation.

ISP talking to persons of interest in Flora fire

Article dated Jun 2017

The article appears to say there are persons of interest.

But it is contradictory.

FLORA, Ind. -- Indiana State Police now say they are comfortable saying they have "persons of interest" in a fatal fire in Flora, Indiana, that claimed the lives of four young sisters.

Sgt. Kim Riley told RTV6 there are no suspects in the case, but that ISP is actively talking to people who may have information about the fire.

Last edited:
Indeed it does. Moreover, I always feel that there is more connection between Flora and Delphi cases than between Delphi and Evansdale cases. But what can you do if DC is keeping all cards close to his vest, and the case is moving nowhere?

Last edited:
It just occurred to me. If I am not mistaken, cruelty to animals and fire setting are still among the predictors of SK. Is there a psychological type among POIs with these traits, or maybe, look through all firesetters, and check their alibi re. Delphi case?

It just occurred to me. If I am not mistaken, cruelty to animals and fire setting are still among the predictors of SK. Is there a psychological type among POIs with these traits, or maybe, look through all firesetters, and check their alibi re. Delphi case?
Your comment got me thinking. Flora....4 dead girls from arson. A couple months later...2 dead girls in a different manner in the same county. IF they are related, then why this kind of violence towards young girls? My first inclination was revenge of some kind...either revenge of being rejected by females, or revenge from having daughters taken away. It seems like the target is consistent...young girls, but the MO is not.

Then it also hit me...there was a fire at the old CPS building in Delphi that I've read is in the proximity of the trailhead from the Abby and Libby case. There has been some discussion of a car parked there that was of interest in the Abby and Libby case. I've not been able to sleuth the exact date of that fire (anyone have it?), but thats curious...fire at CPS, arson fire kills 4 girls, then 2 girls murdered after entering trails near CPS building.

Is someone pissed at CPS and trying to send a message? I've seen some theories connecting 2 of the 3 events at times, but what if all 3 are connected?

Your comment got me thinking. Flora....4 dead girls from arson. A couple months later...2 dead girls in a different manner in the same county. IF they are related, then why this kind of violence towards young girls? My first inclination was revenge of some kind...either revenge of being rejected by females, or revenge from having daughters taken away. It seems like the target is consistent...young girls, but the MO is not.

Then it also hit me...there was a fire at the old CPS building in Delphi that I've read is in the proximity of the trailhead from the Abby and Libby case. There has been some discussion of a car parked there that was of interest in the Abby and Libby case. I've not been able to sleuth the exact date of that fire (anyone have it?), but thats curious...fire at CPS, arson fire kills 4 girls, then 2 girls murdered after entering trails near CPS building.

Is someone pissed at CPS and trying to send a message? I've seen some theories connecting 2 of the 3 events at times, but what if all 3 are connected?

I don't have a link handy for the fire, however it is my understanding it was a controlled burn for practice for the Delphi Volunteer FD.

Both arson and murders appear to be fairly uncommon in Carroll County.

CPS building was abandoned in 2007 or thereabouts.

That said, I've often thought there's a BG/CPS building connection, somewhere.

JMO

I don't have a link handy for the fire, however it is my understanding it was a controlled burn for practice for the Delphi Volunteer FD.

Both arson and murders appear to be fairly uncommon in Carroll County.

CPS building was abandoned in 2007 or thereabouts.

That said, I've often thought there's a BG/CPS building connection, somewhere.

JMO
RBBM
Thanks! I've been searching for hours and couldn't find anything.
This makes a lot more sense now.

Here's what the article said. At first I read that to mean tracking down a new person of interest in another state but it could also mean the leads came from another state.
tracking down new leads outside the state

This is a quote from the Indiana State Police Road Show in Jan 2020. They talk mainly about Delphi but bring up the Flora fire. They began by talking about this still being an active investigation.

9:15 mm
There are a couple components of that I wish we were able to complete; we haven't been able to do that yet.
We traveled to multiple states in this country to try and find out who set that fire. Now listen, I don't believe that anybody set it to intentionally to kill those 4 little girls...I don't believe that. I hope I'm not proven wrong. I think it was a consequence of a bad choice.

I find it a bit curious that Carter thought the killing of the 4 children was not intentional. Here are the usual reasons people set fires:
Vandalism
Excitement
Concealment of a crime
Revenge
Extremism
Profit

I'm going with drug-related revenge, partly based on Carter's 2018 interview where he said people had opened up about "activities in and around that residence in the days, weeks and months leading up to the fire."

Just to revive this thread.

I know how difficult the police work is. Ironically, all police members in my city that I have seen have been known for decency and education far above their job level. So I am usually supportive of police work.

But in Indiana, something is amiss. Four girls died in arson-related fire. In the next city, two girls were killed.

At least that case is quickly becoming cause célèbre.

In this one, nothing. How many people in the country know about four girls losing their lives in an intentional fire?

No one thought of making a YouTube show, or a podcast about them.

What does it say about our media, and essentially, about us? Think of it...

And the girls were beautiful, and there are wonderful photos of them in gymnastics..

There are tons of videos and podcasts dedicated to Delphi murder, and request for more. Here, nothing.

Don’t you think we need something about these girls?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prettyuglybefore
Back