GUILTY IN - Four year-old girl beaten, choked and raped

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is the first I've heard of this case, but I am wondering who lets their four year old spend the night away from home?

This is the first I've heard of this case, but I am wondering who lets their four year old spend the night away from home?

Gran, it said the child's mother and siblings stayed over as well.

They got him. Thank God.

Man arrested in rape of Logansport girl

Posted: May 17, 2010 4:08 PM EDT
Updated: May 17, 2010 10:36 PM EDT

William R. Wilson II, 22 of Logansport, is in jail facing preliminary charges of child molest (three charges) and one count of criminal confinement. Detectives say Wilson snatched the child from her home while she was sleeping and took her to a nearby garage where he attacked her.

snip

"At approximately 2:30 pm this afternoon, police arrested William R. Wilson II. He's 22 years old," said Chief AJ Rozz, Logansport Police Department.

snip

Wilson was arrested and charged with three counts of child molestation and one count of criminal confinement. He's behind bars in the Cass County Jail on $500,000 cash bond and $1 million in surety.

"We don't want to go into details of the evidence we have collected," said Chief Rozz.

Police say they interviewed Wilson last Thursday and then let him go. But by Monday afternoon had enough evidence to get a warrant for Wilson's arrest.

"Being able to place him in front of the residence of the victim on the morning that this occurred," said Rozz.

snip

The Cass County Prosecutor says he'll do everything possible to avoid putting the four-year-old victim or her family on the stand.

"This was a four-year-old girl taken from her home and having some of the worst things that can happen to a young girl happen. She's four years old. That's going to be extremely difficult for the prosecution, but we intend to do the best we can do," said Prosecutor Kevin Enyeart, Cass County prosecutor.

Investigators say the victim's family has no connection to Wilson and doesn't know him. According to police, Wilson has a prior record but not for this kind of alleged crime.

http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=12495249

Child rape suspect faces 126 years
Four-year-old victim's injuries recovering

Updated: Tuesday, 18 May 2010, 7:19 PM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 18 May 2010, 6:09 PM EDT

Logansport Police Chief A.J. Rozzi said 22-year-old William R Wilson II spent most of his life in the Fort Wayne area. He said Wilson was born in Arizona but moved to Indiana when he was a young child.

Cass county prosecutor Kevin Enyeart said Wilson recently lost his job and moved to Logansport to live with his father, in a home on seventh street.

snip

Enyeart filed six felony charges against Wilson Tuesday. That includes two charges of molestation, one charge of burglary, one of criminal confinement and two charges of strangulation and battery on a child. If Wilson is convicted of all charges, he faces up to 126 years in prison.

Chief Rozzi said the four-year-old victim was in the Logansport police office earlier today. He said she's doing very well, considering the circumstances, and physically she is looking much better.

http://www.wlfi.com/dpp/news/crime/child-rape-suspect-william-r-wilson-faces-126-years

$500,000 cash bond and $1 million in surety.

Respectfully snipped from above. Can anyone explain to me how bonds work? What does it mean when it says cash bond? Is that different from regular bond where you have to pay 10%? I assume a surety bond is property? TIA.

ETA: I am so very glad they caught this guy. That family must have been so afraid, knowing that whoever took the little girl was still running the streets and not knowing who it was.

Child rape suspect faces 126 years
Four-year-old victim's injuries recovering

snip

Enyeart filed six felony charges against Wilson Tuesday. That includes two charges of molestation, one charge of burglary, one of criminal confinement and two charges of strangulation and battery on a child. If Wilson is convicted of all charges, he faces up to 126 years in prison.

Chief Rozzi said the four-year-old victim was in the Logansport police office earlier today. He said she's doing very well, considering the circumstances, and physically she is looking much better.

http://www.wlfi.com/dpp/news/crime/child-rape-suspect-william-r-wilson-faces-126-years

Respectfully snipped

What about adding attempted murder????:furious: I understand that he is facing 126 years in prison, but he did try to kill her for crying out loud! The more years you can add to his sentence, the better!! :twocents:

I'm glad they got this guy too. It's even scarier to think that the mom and boyfriend didn't even know this guy. He was able to slip into their home and steal this precious baby.

I hope he gets all 126 years (wish he could get the death penalty). It also made me smile that in his picture at the above link he has a black eye.

Blessed Be, at least he is in custody. Poor poor baby.

This is the kind of case that makes many a parent lose sleep. Reminiscent of Elizabeth Smart case. Just minding your own business, sound asleep and someone comes in, in the dead of nite, and snatches your child. The horror.

This is Indiana. I will be surprised if he does 10 years and wouldn't be at all surprised if he does 5.

I'm glad they got this guy too. It's even scarier to think that the mom and boyfriend didn't even know this guy. He was able to slip into their home and steal this precious baby.

I hope he gets all 126 years (wish he could get the death penalty). It also made me smile that in his picture at the above link he has a black eye.

I just wish every house with children had a dog, My dogs bark up a storm when anybody opens my door.

that poor sweet baby, I hope and pray she can forget what happend to her

if somebody walks down my street at night all my dogs start barking, it used to get on my nerves but it doesnt anymore,

Okay this made me cry. Imagine that poor little baby with this coming after her :(

wilson_20100517171349_320_240.JPG

Logansport police arrest man, 22, in child rape case
Updated: Monday, 17 May 2010, 9:33 PM EDT
Published : Monday, 17 May 2010, 3:22 PM EDT

“We were able to come up with a description and then later an identification of him being on the sidewalk at approximately 4 a.m. the day this occurred," said Chief Rozzi.

On Sunday morning, May 2, investigators say the girl vanished from her Logansport home. A witness found the girl about 6 a.m. in her nightgown carrying a blanket, covered in dirt and crying.

“This family has been through a tremendously bad experience," Enyeart said.

Police said Wilson beat, strangled and left the girl for dead in a garage.

“Anybody who does a crime like this ought to be held accountable for what they did," Enyeart said.

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/crime/logansport-police-to-make-announcement-in-child-rape-case

Just now seeing they have this devil in custody. GREAT news.

I agree on having dogs in the family for protection. We've got a pekeapoo who's not much taller than my ankles, but he barks like he thinks he is. A stray cat doesn't pass through our yard without us knowing about it.

As far as this guy's sentence...I can't understand how they could even think of letting him out again EVER. Seriously. You can't rehabilitate that thing. You just can't.

It looks to me like someone punched him in the eye. That's a start.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly
Back