Identified! IN - Gary, BlkFem 176UFIN, teens-20s, in garage, Feb'07 - Erika Hill

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
2d943605-73e9-4870-a9e5-6c2fcf24fd44_zps872579fc.jpg

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/lake/gary/lake-county-coroner-seeks-help-in-identifying-female-found-in/article_9170ef68-436b-58f8-91f8-299964d3a37e.html

The Lake County coroner's office released images Wednesday in the hopes of identifying a young female found dead in February 2007 in an abandoned garage in Gary.

The images created by the National Center of Missing and Exploited Children show what the female's face might have looked like.

The female, who was in her late teens to early 20s, had multiple scars in various stages of healing on her face and upper torso from trauma she suffered before her death, according to the coroner's office.

See post #6 for correct NamUs case number and link.

Ah, never mind. I see someone posted the correct case number above.

I read on a link on his thread that they have some unidentified bodies they think he could have killed that they are working on.

I saw about three more entries in Namus for the same date. I'd say you're probably right. Same description for all. JMO

My apologies if I have this all wrong, but is the case for the 13-15 AA Female still open? Because the Namus link isn't working to that case, the working one goes to this UID.

Clearly it's :bedtime:

Whatever happened to the comparison to Reva J Lenzy? I cant find anything about her on google at all and her charlieproject links are dead. Was she found or something?
The description of her scars and the date she went missing are too much of a coincidence!

Whatever happened to the comparison to Reva J Lenzy? I cant find anything about her on google at all and her charlieproject links are dead. Was she found or something?
The description of her scars and the date she went missing are too much of a coincidence!

I can't say for sure if she's the same one, but there's a Reva Lenzy on Goggle+. She posted a Nicki Minja video on 7/17/14. It's a fairly uncommon name, so hopefully it's the same girl and she was found alive and well. The last Charlie Project update was July 24, 2010, but the link is dead so I don't know what it was.

Here's a suggestion I hate to make...but, IF she was taken and held for years, what about "Shy-Shy" Pate, who disappeared from Unadilla, Georgia at age 8 in 1998? I just think Shy's age progression (the one on Charley) looks a little like the UID.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pate_shykemmia.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6500/0/

There was news in 2014 that LE in Shy's case had a tip about a possible POI in Ohio (adjacent to Indiana) --it may have come to nothing, though:

...After running across Shy'Kemmia Pate's missing person flyer, an Ohio woman called in about her step dad who is a sex offender. She says he told her that he was heading in the vicinity. ...

more at: http://www.wgxa.tv/news/archive/275760131.html

ETA: I just realized that NAMUS indicates neither DNA nor dental is available for Shy-Shy! I'm pretty shocked by that.

She has been identified, I believe.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/lo...cle_bdcc792a-7583-5384-bb24-31eac70f5f60.html

Erika Antoinette Hill was 15 years old when she disappeared in 2007 from the home in Fitchburg where had she lived with her cousins and adoptive mother.

The same year, the unidentified body of a young African-American woman was found in a garage in Gary, Indiana. For years, she remained the “Lake County Jane Doe.”

The two mysteries, seemingly far apart from one another, became linked this summer, when Erika’s cousin, for years keeping a terrible secret, contacted police in Gary and said she knew the identity of Jane Doe, because she had helped put Erika’s body in that garage, according to a criminal complaint filed in Dane County Circuit Court.

Poor thing. I always thought this girl was kidnapped or got in with the wrong crowd... SMH... I am glad she has her name back though. I do hope that the person responsible has a nice swift dish of justice served to her.

What an amazing and brave woman Erica's cousin is! It must have been so difficult for her to live with this all of these years.

My heart is broken for all of the children this woman abused. I pray she and the others under this woman's care heal and rise above and beyond what they have had to live through in their short lives.

I was shocked to Diamond and Tionda Bradley in this thread. That would have been horrific if it was one of them, but I am afraid their fates are probably not much better after all this time. I have a friend who is related to them. I wasn't shocked in a bad way, just glad that people are still thinking of them.

I'm glad to see another UID Identified. Bless her cousin who finally had the courage to come forward and tell what she knew.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kitty7766
Back