IN - Grandfather charged in cruise ship death of toddler Chloe Wiegand #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PLEASE WAIT TO DISCUSS UNTIL WE CAN CONFIRM IT FROM A SECOND MSM SOURCE. IT IS AN VIDEO OF A TERRIBLE TERRIBLE MOMENT THAT WHILE IT DOES NOT SHOW THE HORRIBLE TRAGEDY, IT IS VERY DISTURBING TO WATCH KNOWING WHAT IS OCCURRING. I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN WE HAVE THE OK FROM TRICIA FOR DISCUSSING THIS VIDEO OF THE MOMENTS WHEN THIS PRECIOUS CHILD FELL TO HER DEATH.
Just pointing out that the family did release a statement to CBS about it and they are not denying that it is the video. But I do appreciate being cautious and confirming.

Chloe Wiegand death: Video viewed by IndyStar shows final moments before cruise ship fall

Footage released
There were no plans for the footage to be released, but the security video was broadcast Tuesday night on a program which aired on Puerto Rican station Mega TV. It remains unclear who is responsible for leaking the footage, and what impact it may have on the pending litigation.

Michael Winkleman, the attorney representing the Wiegand family in the civil case, allowed IndyStar to view the video Wednesday morning and describe what takes place within it. IndyStar did not obtain a copy of the video.

In the clip, Anello can be seen lifting Chloe up to bang on what he thought was a closed window. The family said it was something Chloe used to love to do while attending hockey games.

@CocoChanel @Tricia

I've been lurking and distracted by another case (the two kids in PA. It's the next county over from me and has had been pretty distracted) but I haven't forgotten about this one.

But the recent articles about the refusal for a plea have me so angry. Especially this line from this article:

Grandfather of child who plunged to death from cruise ship doesn't want plea deal

"Anello’s defense told the court that they will be presenting experts that will analyze the scene and his medical records will be provided as well as testimony from his doctor. The defense is expected to provide the names of experts they plan to call to the court on Jan. 17."

I'm really damn curious if they're pulling in experts for the stupid colorblind argument. Because being colorblind DOES NOT mean that he wouldn't be able to see the tint on the windows. It means he wouldn't be able to see the COLOR OF THE TINT on the windows. They would still appear darkened and gray compared to the open window, he just wouldn't be able to see any of the blue/green color to it. Which means he should have been extra curious why some of them were dark and some of them were not. It immediately begs the question of why he didn't check first instead of just assuming all the windows were closed when they were clearly different in some way.

So is it he's colorblind, or are they now going to try and claim something new that is going to make you wonder why the family even bothered to trust a child with him in the first place?

I’m calling it right now. They’re going to claim some NEW medical problem to explain his negligence. I’ve no doubt we’ll soon hear that she slipped out of his grasp because poor gramps has hyperhydrosis or some such other ailment... It wasn’t his fault... the cruise ship should have had chalk on railing...
Hyperhidrosis - Symptoms and causes (just an example of a bs defense)

Last edited:
Now that I've seen it, SA was not telling the truth about whether or not he "thought" the window was closed. He clearly leans out - way out - and looks down before lifting Chloe up to the open window to join him in leaning out the open window. :eek::mad:

The family's sole motivation for not releasing the video was to protect their older child. That motivation has not changed. The family publicly asks the Puerto Rican authorities, why was this footage released? Why do you continue to inflict such heinous emotional distress on our family? Haven't we been punished enough by the loss of Chloe? Finally, the family requests an immediate, independent investigation done into the circumstances surrounding the leak." "

Thou dost protest a bit much. What was your sole motivation for filing a lawsuit against RCCL? Perhaps instead of pushing for an investigation of the leak, you spend your time coming up with an explanation as to why the video is so damning against your stupid open window argument.

Yes! He leans way out of the window and looks down. How can he say that he didn't know the window was open?
And notice how many people were around them? they must be so traumatized - and others came running. I thought I caught a glimpse of cruise ship employees right behind them - I wonder if they were trying to stop him and he was startled and that's how she was dropped?
JMO

Last edited:
And notice how many people were around them? they must be so traumatize - and others came running. I thought I caught a glimpse of cruise ship employees right behind them - I wonder if they were trying to stop him and he was startled and that's how she was dropped?
JMO

It looks like the people in the area only become aware of anything happening after it happens when he apparently screams.

And notice how many people were around them? they must be so traumatize - and others came running. I thought I caught a glimpse of cruise ship employees right behind them - I wonder if they were trying to stop him and he was startled and that's how she was dropped?
JMO

It is also patently obvious that the window is NOT in a children's play area. In fact, the open window is basically in a bar! Bartender, people sitting on barstools, many passengers in the area. Plenty of witnesses who saw SA lean out an open window and then lift Chloe up to the window to join him. OMG! What was he thinking?

I'm assuming that we can only discuss the part of the video that was released on Daily Mail, which shows one angle.
I don't know why we can't discuss both videos, there are two angles shown, the side and one that starts with him walking from the splash pad past the bar towards the windows following her but they are both clearly the same moment.

Also I love that the family has been so upset about "open windows in a childs play area" but they aren't upset about the bar clearly being there :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member