IN - Grandfather charged in cruise ship death of toddler Chloe Wiegand #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve said this many times and will say it again...Anyone who has seen this video, whether family or lawyer, and still says SA is colorblind and didn’t know the window was open is flat-out lying. He clearly leaned through the window before picking up Chloe. They have no civil case and Puerto Rico has a slam dunk guilty verdict. Why are they keeping up this pretense?

Oh, what a tangled web we weave
When first we practice to deceive.

-Sir Walter Scott

I wonder whose idea it was to have an Easter Egg Hunt so close to water :rolleyes:
18977291_G.jpg

I wonder whose idea it was to have an Easter Egg Hunt so close to water :rolleyes:
18977291_G.jpg
Oh, I don't know...perhaps the same one who thought glass banging was ok and letting a little child run way ahead of him on a crowded cruise ship near a bar where large people were wandering around on their phones and not really paying attention to knee-high toddlers running around.

And maybe apologize?

kinda like the woman not too far from Grandpa in Indiana who plowed down 4 kids at their bus stop, killing 3 siblings. Never an apology.

Maybe their attorneys have advised them not to apologize? Can’t imagine a scenario where my NEGLIGENCE killed someone, especially little kids, where I wouldn’t be a blubbering mess apologizing to everyone.

Apologizing admits negligence, intent, culpability.
NEVER apologize or even speak at the scene of an accident.
Defense 101.
NEVER. What if not your fault but you think it was?
Edited to add: kid runs out from front of van while you are driving safely down a street.

Apologizing admits negligence, intent, culpability.
NEVER apologize or even speak at the scene of an accident.
Defense 101.
NEVER. What if not your fault but you think it was?
Edited to add: kid runs out from front of van while you are driving safely down a street.
In SA's interview, he says they can't do anything worse to him. If he really had loved Chloe or actually cared about her at all, he would be completely devastated. I am not seeing devastation. I'm seeing slick, sly attempts at lying. Attempts that are not fooling smart people, that is why the video was leaked. JMOO I hope he cracks and tells the truth.

In SA's interview, he says they can't do anything worse to him. If he really had loved Chloe or actually cared about her at all, he would be completely devastated. I am not seeing devastation. I'm seeing slick, sly attempts at lying. Attempts that are not fooling smart people, that is why the video was leaked. JMOO I hope he cracks and tells the truth.

Do we know source of leak?

Anello's actions are a mystery and I understand why people are speculating as to his motive. We have nothing to go on, no prior instances of neglect nor aggression towards her. Yet his actions are so dangerous, the outcome so deadly, it is impossible to see his actions as reasonable. No one would do what he did to a baby, to a child-or to so much as a guinea pig! It would be cruelty to animals if a pet were injured doing what he did. And yet we are to believe that he is a loving grandfather who had an "accident"- an accident that no other person ever had in those circumstances. I wish that he would give a candid, honest explanation of what happened and of what he was thinking. We may never know. It was to be Chloe's second Christmas.
I would like SA to explain why he needs a warning sign to know not to go beyond, sit or stand babies on guardrailings.

Whether the window was open or not would not even matter if he had not lifted her on or beyond a safety barrier.

What made him think that was ok? Because he is above the rules? Is he sorry? Will he follow all the rules now? I want to know what he has to say about that.

To apologize is to admit guilt and/or family KNEW this whole time. Then the *** and sympathy and possible MONEY go out the window too. They can never admit guilt now, Sadly. Well, they could but they'd piss off a lot of people.
I disagree. If they came out tomorrow and said after seeing the video, talking and taking some time to think, they are dropping the lawsuit and SA is taking the plea deal, because they see how his actions were not acceptable, even if he meant no harm.

If they then just asked for time and space to heal and went away, or made a deal to seal all the videos, or went on a campaign to make ships safer for stupid people or that cruise ships are no place for babies, I would have nothing but sympathy. Even now.

But this whole thing feels unseemly, and a poor legacy for little Chloe.

Plans for Deck 11, Freedom of the Seas, Royal Caribbean
Just a refresher.
G'pa SA & Chloe were close to outer wall, on port side (left side of ship), just 'above' the Squeeze bar.

View attachment 222198

"Deck plans from: December 29th, 2019 - April 26th, 2020"
^. Deck Plans | Freedom of the Seas | Royal Caribbean Cruises
I found a site where people talked about cruises. A questioned about smoking was answered about Freedom of the Seas. It said you could smoke on the port side of deck 11. Isn’t that exactly where they were? Why be in a smoking area if you don’t smoke?

Complaint. Pool(s), then H20 Zone

Per below, Mom & Chloe played in pool(s), then G'pa came to H20 Zone to supervise her.

--- Mom & Chloe played in pool(s). Plural. Not in H20 Zone? Huh?
--- G'pa came to supervise in H20 Zone, because ----not in swimsuit? could not be trusted w her in pool?

Ideas about wording or these actions?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Complaint
"Subject Incident
11. On or about July 7, 2019, at approximately 1:15 p.m., the family boarded the vessel in San Juan, Puerto Rico for a 7-night Southern Caribbean cruise. Upon boarding, the family went to the Windjammer Café for lunch. After lunch, Mrs. Schultz-Wiegand and Chloe changed into swimsuits, and at approximately 2:40 p.m., they began to play in the pool(s) aboard the ship.
12. At or around 3:50 p.m., Mrs. Schultz Wiegand needed to go help with an issue related to the cruise, and as such, Mr. Anello came up to the H2O Zone on Deck 11 of the vessel to supervise Chloe, his 18-month-old granddaughter, as shown below:

[ed/poster note: pic of Chloe standing at edge of H20 Zone]

13. The H2O Zone is advertised by Defendant to be a “kids’… water park[.]”

Smoking or Non-Smoking?
I found a site where people talked about cruises. A questioned about smoking was answered about Freedom of the Seas. It said you could smoke on the port side of deck 11. Isn’t that exactly where they were? Why be in a smoking area if you don’t smoke?
@fabvab :) Good question, but IDK.
Did G'pa smoke/vape?
A poster said re vid at window, looks like he had hand at his mouth , then then threw ciggie out
Maybe someone can give link and timestamp, for that moment

It appears from the video that SA was just following Chloe wherever she went, and she ran into that area.

Per below, Mom & Chloe played in pool(s), then G'pa came to H20 Zone to supervise her.

--- Mom & Chloe played in pool(s). Plural. Not in H20 Zone? Huh?

Ideas about wording or these actions?

BBM

There is nothing inherently unsafe about a toddler getting to spend some time in a larger, regular swimming pool as long as they have proper flotation devices or are well supervised by adults. If Dad was up there on deck with their older son it stands to reason that they spent some time playing with the whole family in the big pool before taking the little one over to the splash area where she could run around safely and have her own fun while dad and the other kid practiced their cannonballs, etc.

Baby in a diaper is not allowed in the big pool, even with a swim diaper. Thats why they have the kid zone. Not that people pay attention to the rules. They were on the ship for an hour and a half at most.... they didn't have time to do much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleleighD70