IN - Grandfather charged in cruise ship death of toddler Chloe Wiegand #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"There's no plea deal in writing yet, according to the attorney representing the Indiana grandfather. But he tells CBS News the agreement would require Anello to plead guilty to negligent homicide in the death of Wiegand. In exchange, he would get no jail time and minimum probation and supervision."

Great. He should definitely do a plea.

"There's no plea deal in writing yet, according to the attorney representing the Indiana grandfather. But he tells CBS News the agreement would require Anello to plead guilty to negligent homicide in the death of Wiegand. In exchange, he would get no jail time and minimum probation and supervision."

One wonders if the family would support the plea deal which would mean the lawsuit wouldn’t fly, or if they would want him to continue the innocence charade so they can continue their lawsuit. I hope it’s the former...a much more honest and classy decision, as well as setting a good example for their son.

Just to expand on this a bit - because I never really understood it, and others might not either - apparently there are three types of colour blindness. Green (more common), red (rare), blue (very rare). With about 8% of the male population having some colour blindness.

More than 99% of colourblind people see colour. And it looks, to me, like they all see blue. (Those closed ship windows are blue)

z4.JPG

This is how normal colour looks:
z.JPG

This is how green colour blindness looks (more common):
z1.JPG

This is how red colour blindness looks (rare):
z2.JPG

This is how blue colour blindness looks (very rare):
z3.JPG
Colour Blindness - Colour Blind Awareness
A Quick Introduction to Color Blindness - We are Colorblind

Just to expand on this a bit - because I never really understood it, and others might not either - apparently there are three types of colour blindness. Green (more common), red (rare), blue (very rare). With about 8% of the male population having some colour blindness.

More than 99% of colourblind people see colour. And it looks, to me, like they all see blue. (Those closed ship windows are blue)

View attachment 222274

This is how normal colour looks:
View attachment 222267

This is how green colour blindness looks (more common):
View attachment 222271

This is how red colour blindness looks (rare):
View attachment 222272

This is how blue colour blindness looks (very rare):
View attachment 222273
Colour Blindness - Colour Blind Awareness
A Quick Introduction to Color Blindness - We are Colorblind

Great charts. Obviously his color blindness didn’t prevent him from seeing the window - it wouldn’t just appear to be clear. That he even brings it up as a possibility is the same as a lie to me.

I did ask a handful of people with varying degrees and types of color blindness about the windows. I sent them various pictures from just a few feet away all the way to pictures taken from the H20 area. I just asked them how many windows were open in each of the pictures.

ALL of them pointed out the open windows. In fact, they noticed one I had not!

I know it isn't that relevant but I found it interesting.

I did ask a handful of people with varying degrees and types of color blindness about the windows. I sent them various pictures from just a few feet away all the way to pictures taken from the H20 area. I just asked them how many windows were open in each of the pictures.

Yep, we're back to smoke and mirrors...

The colorblind ploy is mentioned in the complaint as if being colorblind is a disability that prevents people from distinguishing an open window from a closed window:

(3) they did not have sufficient features to allow passengers, like Mr. Anello, to adequately distinguish windows that were closed from those that were opened, especially for passengers who are colorblind, like Mr. Anello.
https://www.lipcon.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/DE-1-Wrongful-Death-Complaint.pdf

I also noticed that in the complaint Chloe "asked" to be picked up:

20. Upon reaching this wall of glass, Chloe asked to be lifted up so that she could bang on the glass of the window, as Chloe frequently did at her older brother’s hockey games. Mr. Anello then lifted Chloe up onto the railing and held Chloe while she leaned forward to bang on the glass that Mr. Anello and Chloe thought to be in front of them. As Chloe leaned forward, however, there was no glass in the frame in front of her, and she slipped from Mr. Anello’s arms, falling through the open pane and down approximately 150 feet below onto the Pier in San Juan, resulting in her death.
https://www.lipcon.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/DE-1-Wrongful-Death-Complaint.pdf

But in his interview with CBS SA said:

"So she's down at the — looking at the — out the window, and the glass. I bent down by her, and then we always, like, when you're — whenever we were at hockey games, we would bang on the glass, and it was fun, you know? So when I knelt down to be with her at that level, I couldn't reach the glass, really, with my fingertips, so I knew she couldn't. So that's when I decided I'd pick her up," he said. "So I, you know, was trying to stand her on the railing. And it happened in seconds."
Grandfather charged in girl's cruise ship death says colorblindness may have been a factor

It's not a huge difference but it makes me think either Winkleman revised the story or SA revised his. The truth usually remains the same. IMO it was Winkleman who put that spin on it to divert attention from the fact that SA chose to pick Chloe up, which makes him sound... reckless.

From video.... SA follows behind Chloe, then when they reach the column he bends down and appears to be saying something to her. He then squats down and leans back against the column and waits.

When Chloe reaches the windows he gets up and makes a bee line straight to the window, puts his whole head out the window and looks down.

He then leans down and picks her up, stands her momentarily on the rail, then puts his head out again, looking down at the dock area for a moment before moving her in front of him, either on the edge of the window or in mid air, I can’t tell. Then you can see her leaning back away from him and he just let’s go of her.

Every move SA made appeared to be deliberate and intentional, without hesitation. He directed her over there, he followed, he scoped out the area, picked her up and deliberately placed her out the window and dropped her to her death.

How is this only Negligent Homicide?

This man is a monster.

https://video-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v...=df20b5f88cf2d5e59987f67876b9c5fa&oe=5E66D171

Last edited:

And if he won't doesn't that speak volumes...

From video.... SA follows behind Chloe, then when they reach the column he bends down and appears to be saying something to her. He then squats down and leans back against the column and waits.

When Chloe reaches the windows he gets up and makes a bee line straight to the window, puts his whole head out the window and looks down.

He then leans down and picks her up, stands her momentarily on the rail, then puts his head out again, looking down at the dock area for a moment before moving her in front of him, either on the edge of the window or in mid air, I can’t tell. Then you can see her leaning back away from him and he just let’s go of her.

Every move SA made appeared to be deliberate and intentional, without hesitation. He directed her over there, he followed, he scoped out the area, picked her up and deliberately placed her out the window and dropped her to her death.

This man is a monster.

https://video-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v...=df20b5f88cf2d5e59987f67876b9c5fa&oe=5E66D171

I am watching around the 8:33/8:34 mark, the critical moment. Do you think Chloe is looking out the window, or facing inwards towards him? I don't see her hat any more. Just the dark shape of her head.

I am watching around the 8:33/8:34 mark, the critical moment. Do you think Chloe is looking out the window, or facing inwards towards him? I don't see her hat any more. Just the dark shape of her head.
I can’t tell from that point of view, but at around the 11:00 mark, side view, as he lifts her up to the window she is facing out, and still has her hat on.

SouthAussie I froze the frame and you are right, no hat, I think she’d lost the hat well before she fell.

It’s relevant bc it proves he’s lying. Once a liar is exposed, EVERTHING he has ever said comes under suspicion and nothing can be trusted. I hope he goes to trial. Juries have been known to ask whether they can grant more than requested. Maybe they can assess more punishment. But I don’t think in a criminal setting they can assess more than the legal limits. Too bad. Hope it’s the max of time, fines, no parole for good behavior. And it destroys the civil case.

How ironic if it blew off due to the breeze through the 'closed window'. :rolleyes:

This is what a thousand eyes can see: clues to point out discrepancies in SA tale of tragedy.
So first: breeze so window obviously open, even when her hat flies off he doesn’t realize it’s dangerous, or does but continues in spite of danger, or doesn’t care about her hat flying off and losing it.

This man is a monster.

yeah, I didn't want to go there (mentally) until I saw the video...a strong case can be made for deliberate intention.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't find anything wrong or alarming about either of those photos. In the one with the dog, she's in the background, I'm sure just about every family has a pic or several just like that. I doubt he was the only familiar adult around and that he asked a random stranger to snap the pic while Chloe ran off unattended and in the second photo, there's obviously at least three adults around, who knows how many more where there?

I'm not excusing SA's actions on the ship, and I fully blame him for Chloe's death, but I don't think those photos are proof of anything.

That was the whole point of that post. Not that there is anything wrong with the photos, just that we have absolutely no evidence that SA was ever a lone caregiver to Chloe, and therefore never THOUGHT like a caregiver. Those two photos were used to show that he got to enjoy being in her company but clearly let everyone else worry about her safety, so possibly, for whatever possible reason, the family didn't typically leave her alone with SA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper