IN - Grandfather charged in cruise ship death of toddler Chloe Wiegand #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the prosecution will be able to prove how far SA's head extended through demonstrating some measurements.

For example, if we look at the photo TGY posted (below) and compare it to the bent-over portion of SA's body that extended over the safety rail ..... I think we will find that at least a good portion of his head extended past the window ledge, and that his body was too far extended over the safety rail for him to have just been bending his head to look down between the window and the safety rail.

I think it will be a logical and measured conclusion. I don't think that it will be left up to individual perspectives.

View attachment 222959 View attachment 222960
Also, there were reportedly witnesses off the ship as well as on the ship. I would think SA leaning out the window and then holding a child out would get the attention of anyone outside who happened to be looking up. And there could be exterior video as well.

I spoke of this case again to hubby and he suggested SA murdered Chloe because otherwise why would someone put a child outside an 11 storey window. It’s the only reason he could think of other than being drug affected.

It’s true it doesn’t make sense.

My brother’s cabin attendant was on the Costa Concordia and he was genuinely upset with the memories.
Remember the Captain of the Costa Concordia? He was charged with abandoning ship (along with manslaughter and other charges) but he claimed he fell off the ship and landed in a lifeboat.
Costa Concordia disaster | Collision, Rescue, Salvage, & Facts

At around 11:20 PMSchettino left the bridge and soon after abandoned ship; he subsequently claimed that he fell off the Concordia and landed in a lifeboat. Some 13 minutes later the last crew member departed the bridge, even though approximately 300 people were still on the ailing vessel.

I suppose this is OT but the captain’s excuse does remind me of excuses SA has made.

Last edited:
I've seen no video that shows Anello's "head and upper body are through the window." That would be quite a feat considering the window is 18" inches from the railing. I'll believe that when it's linked.

JMO

I will say to you it’s possible. I’m 5’4” and I can put my head out and look down so a taller person could moreso.
I was on the Voyager only weeks ago

I'm confident that as the grandfather approached that wall of windows, his attention was totally on the child ahead of him rather than the color of the windows.

Many color blind people do not see certain colors at all, which can be dangerous and why our military tests all recruits for it.

JMO

He put his head outside the window BEFORE he picked up Chloe.
IMO that’s when colourblindness went out that window.

Colour blind people still see colour. They just don't see the same colour as a 'normal-visioned' person. We have shown that via previous links about colour blindness.

It is really quite obvious that the closed windows have colour (whichever colour the person sees) and the open windows have no colour.

Especially as Winkleman is saying 'just one window was open in a wall of glass'. That open window and its clear appearance would have stood out like a sore thumb, among the other windows of colour.

It is also obvious which windows are open due to the fact that they do not slide open all the way.

View attachment 222915 View attachment 222917 View attachment 222918

If it helps, I have Tritanomaly color blindness and I can distinguish the open windows from the closed windows in those photos. However, something that is some certain color of green would appear to me as your blue color, and so would blue, which could be confused with the background of the sky. All of the windows could look very similar both open and closed depending on the conditions and angle. It's not as simple as saying that the open windows and the closed windows look very different and should be distinguished easily. Not when green is blue and blue is blue.

It's true that we do see a different color, it's not just "clear". But in this case, it's important to note what would have been in the background of the windows from the angle that he was looking out it. Was it clear sky? Was it buildings? I think that's very important

That being said, I don't really have an opinion on this case except that I personally would never ever put my baby up to a window that high up, open or closed. I just wouldn't do it.

IMOO

No one is not going to go on a cruise, because some guy recklessly killed his granddaughter.

Royal Caribbean has deep pockets, and it’s also not as if some frivolous lawsuit is going to stop them from docking in that territory.

I’m not following the logic here.

Why should a fleet of ships and possibly every ship that floats be changed because of one fool act.

Well she didn't stay "within the Ships parameters". And unless she somehow see a leap for it, he had her at least as far out as the window ledge at some point.

You are correct. At some point, she obviously went beyond those parameters to her death.

Now that I think about it, the most damning aspect of the video is the moment when Chloe actually falls. If even a portion of her body was still inside the ship at the time, wouldn’t that portion hit the window ledge or run into into some obstacle in the ship as she fell? All we see is her body leaning forward, then toppling over completely unimpeded. He must have had her at least to the window ledge.

If his alleged colorblindness was so severe that he could not distinguish a tinted window from open air, I am sure his disability would have caused him enough problems prior to this for which he would have sought medical attention.

Apparently colourblindness prevents you from seeing speed signs, putting on seatbelts and paying fines.
Where do I sign up?

SA has no reason to lie about something that I'm betting has already been documented by an expert. I'm also betting the AG is aware of it and that's why she's offered a "deal" that SA turned down.

JMO
Wouldn’t his reason to lie be that he thinks “colorblindness” could be a plausible reason he thought the window was closed - he couldn’t see the tinting?

If he was diagnosed before this, that will be easily proven.

Then SA will need to show his colorblindness prevents him from seeing shades of blue green, and dirt and salt spray.

I have no doubt it was Puerto Rico LE or AG who leaked the photo to the press. It's obvious they are trying to convict the grandfather in the court of public opinion.

JMO
Just like Winky wants to convict the cruise line in the court of public opinion. Even if you are filing a lawsuit, I see no reason for the family to go on a press tour except to influence public opinion.

I disagree. If SA is colorblind--and I believe he is--he would have assumed glass would be in all the windows because why would a ship that has open air just a few feet away need to put windows that had no glass? The lower windows don't open. The upper windows don't open. The windows in passenger state rooms don't open.

JMO
Huh? What do you mean “open air a few feet away”? How would colorblindness prevent him from wondering why this glass was the cleanest in the whole world? How would colorblindness make him think, this rail must be here for no reason? And this wasn’t a window that had no glass, it was a sliding window 3/4 open. SA may have realized that on that deck it gets hot as hades and that may be why the windows open? Obviously the floor level windows opening would be dangerous, and the upper windows too high to reach. Why would other windows not opening make him think no windows opened, even as the breeze blew in)

Colour blind people still see colour. They just don't see the same colour as a 'normal-visioned' person. We have shown that via previous links about colour blindness.

It is really quite obvious that the closed windows have colour (whichever colour the person sees) and the open windows have no colour.

Especially as Winkleman is saying 'just one window was open in a wall of glass'. That open window and its clear appearance would have stood out like a sore thumb, among the other windows of colour.

It is also obvious which windows are open due to the fact that they do not slide open all the way.

View attachment 222915 View attachment 222917 View attachment 222918
And in the video you can see more than one window open.

His attorney told the media he was offered a deal and it isn't in writing. Now that PR decided to leak the video after the parents specifically said they had seen the video and didn't want it published in order to protect their son from it, it got leaked to further humiliate the parents because they filed a civil lawsuit.

JMO

Grandfather offered plea deal in girl's cruise ship death as Puerto Rico TV show airs video
How would the video “humiliate” the parents? Because it shows the lies?

People don't look out windows, they look through windows. If he is colorblind, all of the windows are going to look the same to him.

JMO
People look through closed glass windows, and out open windows.

Colorblindness doesn’t mean certain colors turn invisible. Like, if you can’t see red because you are colorblind snd I’m wearing a red coat, you will still *see* the coat. It won’t be like Harry Potter’s invisibility cloak. It would just appear a shade of green (probably).

A colorblind person would still see the window tint, and the difference in shades - if open no tint, darker tint where the open window overlaps another window. “Colorblind” doesn’t mean all the windows appear clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pey