IN - Grandfather charged in cruise ship death of toddler Chloe Wiegand #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why KW and AW went into protection mode regarding SA. They reacted like they were his parents. I couldn't forgive my beloved mother if she was so reckless.

Trust me on this.
If whoever did this to my daughter their face would have been severely scratched senseless for their tv interview after intensive medical care.
Then I’d ask questions.

Yeah, you’re right. But avoiding / escaping talking to LE tends to raise suspicions, at least for people like myself, iykwim.
I can certainly understand the family wanting to get off the ship asap -- they were devastated, I'm sure, at what happened. I would want to go home, too. But seems to me if the local LE wanted someone from the family or all of them to speak, give info, whatever, I would think someone would have stayed for a few more days (in a hotel) if LE ordered or requested it. Dunno. Thankfully I don't really know what I would do other than want to get off that ship. No one staying if LE wanted them there, does put a bit of a hink in things, IMO.

Brought over from recently closed thread so I can reply

justice4allnowWell-Known Member

Off topic, but Cool Cats, your chimera avatar is beautiful.

Thanks here's my first avatar:

Venus the Two-Faced Cat a Mystery

Venus and her littermates as kittens on the farm.

Last edited:
Brought over from recently closed thread so I can reply

justice4allnowWell-Known Member

Off topic, but Cool Cats, your chimera avatar is beautiful.

Thanks here's my first avatar:

Venus the Two-Faced Cat a Mystery

Venus and her littermates as kittens on the farm.

Unbelievable, so beautiful! Thank you for sharing beauty in the midst of this very sad case...and I love the reminder of the mythological chimera...

Now Mr Winkleman is speaking out against the claims after conducting an inspection of the ship with a maritime safety expert, which he says proves the cruise ship has been giving a “false narrative”.
2F051E87-B1D9-4249-8603-10D3F4E04D3C.jpeg
“Really, we think since day one, they’ve always tried to make it seem as though and what they said in court papers was that Sam can be seen to walk up and lean over the railing out the window. And that’s incorrect. That’s just factually incorrect,” he said.
No Cookies | The Mercury

Last edited:
Now Mr Winkleman is speaking out against the claims after conducting an inspection of the ship with a maritime safety expert, which he says proves the cruise ship has been giving a “false narrative”.
View attachment 228115
No Cookies | The Mercury

So according to this article it's one of his law partners standing in for Sam as the model, and Winkleman says, "He would have to get it up on his tippy toes" to reach the window. Seriously, who uses the term 'tippy-toes' after age 5??

I don't understand why KW and AW went into protection mode regarding SA. They reacted like they were his parents. I couldn't forgive my beloved mother if she was so reckless.
Serious problem with that here as well. Can’t even imagine my priorities being to protect a negligent...at best... step GF, over protecting my baby, and being concerned with seeking justice for her. IMO, Something seriously wrong with this picture.
At best, I would say to SA... get the hell away from me and my family. At best.

And then, tell PR authorities regarding their investigation... please, get on with it. The sooner the better. And then, cooperate to the fullest.
My god, Their baby would still be alive and well today if not for him.
I try not to let it, but this case makes me so angry.

I can certainly understand the family wanting to get off the ship asap -- they were devastated, I'm sure, at what happened. I would want to go home, too. But seems to me if the local LE wanted someone from the family or all of them to speak, give info, whatever, I would think someone would have stayed for a few more days (in a hotel) if LE ordered or requested it. Dunno. Thankfully I don't really know what I would do other than want to get off that ship. No one staying if LE wanted them there, does put a bit of a hink in things, IMO.
I honestly think Chloes parents should have insisted that SA stay behind and deal with this travesty that he alone caused. He’s a grown man, act like one. Own up to it. Deal with things, be a man.
I guess somehow that didn’t fit into the agenda.

Jury View of Ship? Reenactment for Jury at Ship?
re court reenactment
If SA is going to claim he lost his balance and the measurements are going to be a key factor, I don't see how the court can avoid going on the ship.
I don't think you can bring the windows and the railing into court because you won't get the same feeling that people are referring to when you are close to the window. And certainly not know if the ship is moving enough to lose your balance. Eye witnesses can only help so much.
I think it they go to the ship, docked, they can see it and feel it and SA can stand there and reenact the events, just like they do in other cases where they go to the murder scene.
@Lawnguylander1964
I'm trying to recall civil or criminal cases where the jury was taken from the courtroom --
1. to location where death occurred, for a "jury view" (w no reenactment there).
2. to death scene where a reenactment of the events was conducted.
Can anyone think of examples of either 1 or 2? Link pls?

KW and AW. Separated on Ship?
The ship doctor initially separated them.
@BeachSky {ETA: Good point}
I wonder if ship doctor separated them at request of PR LE. Were detectives there early enough, at time of time of treatment in sick bay/hospital (terminology?) to interview AW & KSW? And/or others?
Did ship doctor's declaration/affidavit reference other fam members being there in sick bay
?

Last edited:
KW and AW. Separated on Ship?
@BeachSky
I wonder if ship doctor separated them at request of PR LE. Were detectives there early enough, at time of time of treatment in sick bay/hospital (terminology?) to interview AW & KSW? And/or others?
Did ship doctor's declaration/affidavit reference other fam members being there in sick bay
?
Detectives probably wanted to know whose idea it was to leave Chloe under SA's supervision. Maybe AW would not have made the same decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jillybean84