Status
Not open for further replies.
Fecha Hora Tipo de Señalamiento Salón Juez
06/04/2020
08:30 AM JUICIO EN SU FONDO 1101 GISELA ALFONSO FERNANDEZ
03/04/2020 08:30 AM JUICIO EN SU FONDO 1101 GISELA ALFONSO FERNANDEZ
02/04/2020 08:30 AM JUICIO EN SU FONDO 1101 GISELA ALFONSO FERNANDEZ
19/03/2020 08:30 AM JUICIO EN SU FONDO 1101 GISELA ALFONSO FERNANDEZ

I know it is written in Spanish. The dates show the day first then the month followed by the year.

Snipped and final sentence bolded by me. 6/4/2020 is the 6th of April. We're in March. the 19/3/2020 is the next date, the 19th of March.

(also not directing this at you Jewels, just borrowing because it's actually very helpful, thank you!)

Here's today's court calendar (I think) and don't see his case listed. I've obviously been on a wild goose chase. Sorry guys. o_O:oops:
Portal de la Rama Judicial

It does show it on the calendar for the 19th though. Just enter the date and San Juan under municipality.
Meanwhile back at the ranch.....
Thanks - I will be curious if any family members support him at the hearing.

There were 6 adults in that cruise party. And the only one watching Chloe was letting her run around through a crowded bar area while he lagged behind, then he squatted down against a column as though he was too tired ( inebriated?) to stand. He wasn’t supervising her properly before he dropped her out that window. Six adults, one toddler, and he alone in whatever altered and unaware state he was in, was given the responsibility of supervising her, in a new and unfamiliar environment, where anything could happen. It didn’t dawn on any of the other 5 adults that he wasn’t quite up to par, not fit, to watch over an energetic toddler?

So yes, dysfunctional, which is further supported by the family’s actions following Chloe’s death. Blame the ship and deny the truth, that SA is the the only one responsible... go on a media tour, sue the cruise line, and enable guilty, lying SA to the point they expect PR to drop the criminal charges just because they want them to. I’d say “dysfunctional” is quite a generous term. MOO

Again, we have no evidence that any of the other 4 adults had any idea that Chloe needed someone to watch her while KW ran off to take care of something. We don't know where dad and the boy were, if they were in the pool or just off elsewhere exploring. We don't know where the other grandparents were. And we don't know what SA did between when everyone was last known to be together (lunch several hours prior) and when Chloe was given to his care on deck 11. There is absolutely no indication that anyone knew anything or was anywhere. All we have is speculation and painting the entire family as dysfunctional when at least two sets of grandparents have stayed as far away from the media as possible, and one of those was a grandmother who needed to be sedated after her youngest grandbaby was smashed on a dock is a brush too broad IMO.

I despise SA for his blatant disregard for a small child's safety and insistence that his recklessness is not to blame. And I sincerely question AW/KW for their continued support and willingness to ignore logic and facts given their professions. But I honestly don't like the borderline attacks on the rest of the family that we simply know nothing about.

There were 6 adults in that cruise party. And the only one watching Chloe was letting her run around through a crowded bar area while he lagged behind, then he squatted down against a column as though he was too tired ( inebriated?) to stand. He wasn’t supervising her properly before he dropped her out that window. Six adults, one toddler, and he alone in whatever altered and unaware state he was in, was given the responsibility of supervising her, in a new and unfamiliar environment, where anything could happen. It didn’t dawn on any of the other 5 adults that he wasn’t quite up to par, not fit, to watch over an energetic toddler?

So yes, dysfunctional, which is further supported by the family’s actions following Chloe’s death. Blame the ship and deny the truth, that SA is the the only one responsible... go on a media tour, sue the cruise line, and enable guilty, lying SA to the point they expect PR to drop the criminal charges just because they want them to. I’d say “dysfunctional” is quite a generous term. MOO

Excellent! I agree

So does this mean there is no deal on the table for him to plead Guilty.
He has already changed his plea to Guilty. The deal is no jail time, probation served in Indiana and no admission to facts.
The hearing in PR is before the judge, to see if she will accept the plea, or impose conditions for its acceptance.

We shall see.

IMO any of the grandparents or AW would have been glad to watch Chloe. It was just a horrific tragedy that on this day SA acted in a way the parents may not have dreamed was even remotely possible. IMO he had to be impaired in some way. And the selfie possibility, if true, would change public opinion drastically. But no proof of that so far.

Ita.
When a "Like" is not enough !

There could be very dark reasons why KW and Co. are so loving and supportive of SA.
A forensic examination of their digital trail from pc's and phones might be revealing.
Esp. the search history.

IMO any of the grandparents or AW would have been glad to watch Chloe. It was just a horrific tragedy that on this day SA acted in a way the parents may not have dreamed was even remotely possible. IMO he had to be impaired in some way. And the selfie possibility, if true, would change public opinion drastically. But no proof of that so far.
I've said this before almost from the very beginning - I think he acted recklessly with her before - perhaps flying her through the air - tossing her up letting go and catching her in other places - maybe around the house, at the park, at the hockey games - this wasn't the first time IMO - however, it was a perfect storm - she slipped from his grasp and he dropped her - why else would he think it was ok to dangle her out that window?? I cannot believe that this was the first time he did such a thing with her.
JMO

I've said this before almost from the very beginning - I think he acted recklessly with her before - perhaps flying her through the air - tossing her up letting go and catching her in other places - maybe around the house, at the park, at the hockey games - this wasn't the first time IMO - however, it was a perfect storm - she slipped from his grasp and he dropped her - why else would he think it was ok to dangle her out that window?? I cannot believe that this was the first time he did such a thing with her.
JMO
I'm still puzzled about his one hand hold? I think he said in an interview that he picked her up and shifted her to one arm. He certainly would have to have held her close to his body, using his body as additional support. The only way he could have held her with one hand at arms length is if he was holding her by her clothes? But if he had her close to him, she wouldn't have went out the window unless he moved himself and her close to the window. I had read that some people saw him in the video moving backwards and forwards and maybe that's the game, pushing her towards the opening and then lost his grip? I guess we'll never know the answer.

MOO

Good point... It does appear that no one really wanted to watch Chloe, so SA was the chosen one.
So why did they take her on this cruise in the first place?..... I honestly don’t know. I know everyone won’t agree with me, but my opinion, a toddler has no place on a cruise ship if her parents don’t want to bother looking after her. And I mean, she would be under their watch 24/7 , unless she’s in the care of a very responsible Nanny.
Why vacation with your child if you don’t want to watch her and spend time with her ? What then is the point? JMO
Yes, This case makes me quite angry.
ETA: Not to mention, if you have a child that small, wouldn’t everyone be looking out for her more, and watching her even more closely ? This whole situation screams Very Dysfunctional. IMO

Chloe Wiegand Obituary - Granger, IN | KPCNews
Direct quote from little Chloe’s obituary: “Her favorite movie was Frozen, and she enjoyed singing and dancing as she watched at least three times a day.“
It seems to me that @neesaki does have reason to wonder why no one else was available to watch Chloe.
As I posted before, I accept that parenting styles and beliefs differ, but, I ask you, would you allow your child or toddler to watch/play in background one movie three times a day? JMO it comes awfully close to letting the television babysit from the way it was stated. Once again JMO.
Getting into darker territory, the family dynamics appear to be so concerning to me that, yes, I do wonder if this was some sort of “hand off” to SA.
Just. My. Thoughts. and Opinions.

Again, we have no evidence that any of the other 4 adults had any idea that Chloe needed someone to watch her while KW ran off to take care of something. We don't know where dad and the boy were, if they were in the pool or just off elsewhere exploring. We don't know where the other grandparents were. And we don't know what SA did between when everyone was last known to be together (lunch several hours prior) and when Chloe was given to his care on deck 11. There is absolutely no indication that anyone knew anything or was anywhere. All we have is speculation and painting the entire family as dysfunctional when at least two sets of grandparents have stayed as far away from the media as possible, and one of those was a grandmother who needed to be sedated after her youngest grandbaby was smashed on a dock is a brush too broad IMO.

I despise SA for his blatant disregard for a small child's safety and insistence that his recklessness is not to blame. And I sincerely question AW/KW for their continued support and willingness to ignore logic and facts given their professions. But I honestly don't like the borderline attacks on the rest of the family that we simply know nothing about.

I understand where you’re coming from here, @Kindred , and I respect you and your opinion. However, my thoughts are that, by their actions and particularly KSW, they have brought this upon themselves. Smoke and mirrors everywhere. Never coming across to this poster as fully transparent in the horrible events of that day or since.

I'm still puzzled about his one hand hold? I think he said in an interview that he picked her up and shifted her to one arm. He certainly would have to have held her close to his body, using his body as additional support. The only way he could have held her with one hand at arms length is if he was holding her by her clothes? But if he had her close to him, she wouldn't have went out the window unless he moved himself and her close to the window. I had read that some people saw him in the video moving backwards and forwards and maybe that's the game, pushing her towards the opening and then lost his grip? I guess we'll never know the answer.

MOO
I think we may find out during the civil suit - their camera and video system is crystal clear IMO what we’ve seen isn’t even close to the quality
JMO

I understand where you’re coming from here, @Kindred , and I respect you and your opinion. However, my thoughts are that, by their actions and particularly KSW, they have brought this upon themselves. Smoke and mirrors everywhere. Never coming across to this poster as fully transparent in the horrible events of that day or since.
bbm
That... and an overdose of Winkleman and his lying fantasy stories..
( "A wall of glass with a hidden hole...", anyone ?)

I think we may find out during the civil suit - their camera and video system is crystal clear IMO what we’ve seen isn’t even close to the quality
JMO
bbm
That ^^^

I'm also wondering if he took a brief look to see 'who was watching him' before he "collapsed" to the deck ?
A performer craves an audience.

bbm
That... and an overdose of Winkleman and his lying fantasy stories..
( "A wall of glass with a hidden hole...", anyone ?)

bbm
That ^^^

I'm also wondering if he took a brief look to see 'who was watching him' before he "collapsed" to the deck ?
A performer craves an audience.
You mean as in the DB interview when he was doing his fake sobbing, then he stopped, and oh so carefully opened his very dry eyes, then briefly looked up to see if his performance was successful? Disgusting wasn’t it? SMH

Excellent! I agree

You mean as in the DB interview when he was doing his fake sobbing, then he stopped, and oh so carefully opened his very dry eyes, then briefly looked up to see if his performance was successful? Disgusting wasn’t it? SMH

His performance reminded me of Patricia Arquette in the Whole 9 Yards. This it is a still image clip of the scene with sound but in movie she moves her hands and peeks up at the detectives with dry eyes. Can't find a video clip of it.

Also somewhat related:

BBM

What actions have the other two sets of grandparents done exactly to "bring this on themselves"? None, as far as I am aware. There have been no posts or interviews or anything from them. No public appearances or attempts to defend the family on social media. Nothing that says they support any of this circus or the reckless actions of SA that caused the death of Chole. Radio silence. And again, as I had stated before, we have no idea what actions or even whereabouts the one pair of grandparents on that ship at the time of the incident up until they arrived in the ship's clinic with the brother, per the ships doctor. So please, if you have documents or facts that show that these otherwise uninvolved grandparents have done anything to warrant the same amount of scorn as SA and KW/AW I would love to see it.

Civil Case Update:

"JOINT MOTION FOR EXTENSION OF TIME TO FILE JOINT STATUS REPORT

Plaintiffs, ALAN WIEGAND and KIMBERLY SCHULTZ-WIEGAND, and Defendant, ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISES, LTD. (“RCL”), by and through undersigned counsel, and pursuant to the applicable Rules of Civil Procedure, hereby file this Joint Motion for Extension of Time to File the Joint Status Report as required by this Court’s Notice Setting Telephonic Status Conference [ECF No. 11], and in support thereof, states as follows:

1. On January 14, 2020, this Court entered a Notice Setting Telephonic Status Conference. [ECF No. 11]. Within this Notice, the Court required the Parties to file a Joint Status Report at 5:00pm the Friday prior to the Telephonic Status Conference scheduled for March 11, 2020. Accordingly, the Joint Status Report is presently due at 5:00pm on March 6, 2020.

2. The Parties are working diligently to prepare and file the required Joint Status Report, however due to the seriousness of the allegations contained within the Complaint and several other factors, the Parties require a brief enlargement of time to finalize and file same.

3. As such, the parties respectfully request that the deadline to file their Joint Status Report be extended to 5:00pm on March 9, 2020.

4. Plaintiff’s counsel has indicated that there is no opposition to extending the time for the Parties to file its Joint Status Report.

5. Pursuant to Fed. R. Civ. P. 6(b), this Court has the authority to grant the requested enlargement of time for good cause and undersigned counsel respectfully submits that good cause exists as set forth above to grant the requested enlargement of time and that the request is made in good faith and not for the purposes of undue delay.

6. A proposed order granting the instant motion is attached hereto as Exhibit “A.” WHEREFORE, Defendant, RCL, respectfully requests the Court to enter an Order granting an extension of time for the Parties to file their Join Status Report up to 5:00pm on March 9, 2020. "

Filed on 3/6 33 Joint Motion fo Extension 3-6.pdf

Civil Case Update:

"JOINT MOTION FOR EXTENSION OF TIME TO FILE JOINT STATUS REPORT

Plaintiffs, ALAN WIEGAND and KIMBERLY SCHULTZ-WIEGAND, and Defendant, ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISES, LTD. (“RCL”), by and through undersigned counsel, and pursuant to the applicable Rules of Civil Procedure, hereby file this Joint Motion for Extension of Time to File the Joint Status Report as required by this Court’s Notice Setting Telephonic Status Conference [ECF No. 11], and in support thereof, states as follows:

1. On January 14, 2020, this Court entered a Notice Setting Telephonic Status Conference. [ECF No. 11]. Within this Notice, the Court required the Parties to file a Joint Status Report at 5:00pm the Friday prior to the Telephonic Status Conference scheduled for March 11, 2020. Accordingly, the Joint Status Report is presently due at 5:00pm on March 6, 2020.

2. The Parties are working diligently to prepare and file the required Joint Status Report, however due to the seriousness of the allegations contained within the Complaint and several other factors, the Parties require a brief enlargement of time to finalize and file same.

3. As such, the parties respectfully request that the deadline to file their Joint Status Report be extended to 5:00pm on March 9, 2020.

4. Plaintiff’s counsel has indicated that there is no opposition to extending the time for the Parties to file its Joint Status Report.

5. Pursuant to Fed. R. Civ. P. 6(b), this Court has the authority to grant the requested enlargement of time for good cause and undersigned counsel respectfully submits that good cause exists as set forth above to grant the requested enlargement of time and that the request is made in good faith and not for the purposes of undue delay.

6. A proposed order granting the instant motion is attached hereto as Exhibit “A.” WHEREFORE, Defendant, RCL, respectfully requests the Court to enter an Order granting an extension of time for the Parties to file their Join Status Report up to 5:00pm on March 9, 2020. "

Filed on 3/6 33 Joint Motion fo Extension 3-6.pdf
Wow, these bitter enemies can actually agree on something. Maybe a settlement is in the works??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilb