IN - Grandfather charged in cruise ship death of toddler Chloe Wiegand

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how Chloe’s family feel about her Grandfather being charged with negligent homicide I know they said he was distraught and were blaming Royal Caribbean for negligence in leaving the window open at the time. They have a lawsuit against Royal Caribbean don’t they? I wonder how the charges against the Grandfather will affect this.

I wonder how Chloe’s family feel about her Grandfather being charged with negligent homicide I know they said he was distraught and were blaming Royal Caribbean for negligence in leaving the window open at the time. They have a lawsuit against Royal Caribbean don’t they? I wonder how the charges against the Grandfather will affect this.

Honestly I was surprised to see this. I had recently searched for any new information but even here in Indiana I couldn’t find any news stories.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy.com/news/2019/07/chloe-wiegand/amp/
A refresher of sorts from early reports:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy.com/news/2019/07/chloe-wiegand/amp/

According to officials in the U.S. territory, Chloe Wiegand was 18 months old at the time of her death. She had been on a family vacation with her parents, two siblings, and two sets of grandparents. The tragedy occurred on board the Freedom of the Seas ship at the Panamerican dock on July 7. The family hails from Indiana. They had boarded the ship in Puerto Rico. It had been due to depart at 8:30 p.m. local time on the day of the tragedy. Wiegand fell to her death at around 5 p.m.”

Wow, his speeding tickets were infractions. Doesn't that mean more than 10 mph above the limit?

Repeated safety related violations. And not good at paying bills he owed.

Most people do not have that many speeding and seat belt infractions, even if it's over a period of 20 years.

LBM

Yes, they do/did.
Looks like no payday for Chloe's parents or S.A. after all.

Not awful, but can’t help but notice all his past tickets for failure to wear a seatbelt

note: the first link is time sensitive. The second is a blank search - enter name.

Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase

Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase

edit: clarifying links
Interesting find, thanks.
It looks like S.A. did as he pleased.

Wonder if he deliberately dropped Chloe to her death ?
And planned to sue the cruise line ?

Interesting find, thanks.
It looks like S.A. did as he pleased.

Wonder if he deliberately dropped Chloe to her death ?
And planned to sue the cruise line ?
I hate to say it, but nothing would surprise me. -

... every thread here features depraved people doing horrible things for similar reasons. And sometimes, no reason. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee