Found Deceased IN - IMAGE discussion re Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if everyone could perhaps repost their enhanced images on here if they haven't done already. (Websight hint hint ) TIA

Yes, please. I would like to see them here, also.

Cool! Excited to have someone else try it out.

Here is a shared Google Drive folder, with the .blend and .fbx exported, I hope the .fbx works for you and also imports the cameras and Sun angle also.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_1FoLT9JNVtWnFMN21pSHo2bXM

I tried to position the sun angle (zenith and azimuth) to be correct for 2:07 in the afternoon, local Delphi time for 2/13.

The ground plane is a mesh I created from LIDAR data, USGS LIDAR .las (both canopy and ground returns), used LASTools to seperate just the ground points, used LASTools to create OBJ triangulated interconnected network (TIN) of the LIDAR ground points. The bridge I created by hand, best guess at tie size and spacing, and width from GoogleEarth measurements

Lastly, my convention is +x is easting, +y is northing and +z up (ENU).

(Exactly what I was gonna say :biggrin: )

That looks like a pig faced monster. Those girls must have been so scared.

I have just looked at another photo of a person in jeans that happens to iron their jeans [someone else]. This person allowed the iron on the jeans too long and left a pointy mark where the iron sat too long along with an elongated rectangle shape beneath it...imagine ironing in long swipes and maybe leaving it on the jeans too long and the triangle point [white line] is visible. My question to those of you who handle photography images...can over-ironed denim create a shiny hue that would bounce light back differently when people tinker with various light conditions trying to clear the photos of BG up ? [Various sleuthers have speculated about what is in his pant leg] Just wondering and thinking out load.

Here are the results of my experiment trying to create a full face using a mirrored overlay (left to right). I used my original but adjusted (face lined up properly)photo as the base, I cut out a section of the left side of his face. I then reversed the overlay to create a mirrored image. I placed it as best I could on the right side of his face, faded the overlay to 70 percent to blend and that is it. See what you thin

Mirrored Image, unsharpened exposure
attachment.php

Mirrored Image, sharpened exposure
attachment.php

Original Adjusted to start.as base photo for comparison
attachment.php

Attachments

• adjusted final 2.png
    adjusted final 2.png
    220.3 KB · Views: 832
  • croppedmirroredadjustedbg.jpg
    croppedmirroredadjustedbg.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 849
  • croppedadjustedexposuremirroredbg.jpg
    croppedadjustedexposuremirroredbg.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,342
The white object that some are calling rope, goggles, bag and question mark.

The outer top and right sides look jagged. I think that's why I'm agreeing with plastic bag.

If it were one of the other three I think it would be more consistent and not have loose sections of white. Unless the rope was used already and threads coming loose.

question.jpg

This is a mouth/face mask.

But it seems odd thing for a man to be wearing it seems to me. Why wouldn't he be wearing it now instead of having it pushed down?

ETA - The question mark font is not correct either so disregard!

The white object that some are calling rope, goggles, bag and question mark.

The outer top and right sides look jagged. I think that's why I'm agreeing with plastic bag.

If it were one of the other three I think it would be more consistent and not have loose sections of white. Unless the rope was used already and threads coming loose.

Hi johunt. I agree that what we are seeing is plastic bag handles. As you say, it has jagged edges. Also I had to dispel the goggle theory as the white bit changes shape between the two pictures. I also do not see rope (because of the jagged edges) or a question mark. imo, of course

attachment.php

Attachments

• bag handlesFrostedGlassSideBySide.jpg
    bag handlesFrostedGlassSideBySide.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 771
Ok I just did a test putting a white plastic bag with handles in the same position as in BG pic. No way could I get the plastic bag to lie nice and flat against my chest in the way it does in this photo. The bag pokes out and looks very crumpled up.. Then I mimicked if there was wind and the bag blew around. It also moved around as I moved sideways, twisted etc. It didn't take the shape of what looks like a skull. JMO

[Snipped by me]

As far as I can tell, they are un-changed, except for possibly being printed and then re-scanned back in at a finer resolution.

First, thank you and all others for the countless hours of effort on these photos. For me, it's allowed me to "see" the photos in many new lights. When I get overwhelmed with the edits I go back and view the unedited versions for a reset.

Question for Michael. In your opinion, what would be the benefit/reason for LE to print and then rescan the edited versions?

One reason I thought of was to make sure all exif data was wiped, but I'm sure there are formats and editors that would remove the data without the extra work.

I forget what format the official ISP released photos are in and this is probably a long shot but has anyone checked for exif or other meta data?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I just did a test putting a white plastic bag with handles in the same position as in BG pic. No way could I get the plastic bag to lie nice and flat against my chest in the way it does in this photo. The bag pokes out and looks very crumpled up.. Then I mimicked if there was wind and the bag blew around. It also moved around as I moved sideways, twisted etc. It didn't take the shape of what looks like a skull. JMO

I would think walking around and having the handles only hanging out any given moment they would do all sorts of things including looking flat and taking on all types of shapes. ETA - We can't exactly emulate the wind that was going on at any given time either I would think.

Having said that I'm not opposed to the skull idea but the jagged white on the upper right just seems like threads of something. Does it not to you? The thickness of the outline varies as well.

I would like to try this experiment but I don't have access to plastic bags as they are "banned" here. But I do appreciate your experiment and thoughts I think its important!

Pic of area in front of POI/BG, possible purse?

attachment.php
attachment.php

-Nin

Quoting this for picture...

This shape doesn't look like a skull outline. Has this pic been altered other than the sides?

ETA - Nor does it look like a plastic bag handle at this point.

Hi johunt. I agree that what we are seeing is plastic bag handles. As you say, it has jagged edges. Also I had to dispel the goggle theory as the white bit changes shape between the two pictures. I also do not see rope (because of the jagged edges) or a question mark. imo, of course

attachment.php

Someone mentioned on the main thread in the last few weeks that they could possibly see a skull style face mask/bandana. As soon as I read that I realized that was exactly what I was seeing but hadn't been able to fully visualize until it was pointed out. Of course this is all just MOO.

I've watched the animated images our wonderful sleuthers created and I feel like the movement from image 1 to image 2 supports a fabric half face bandana.

Here is an example of the type of face bandana I see. Traditionally worn by bikers but of course not limited to them.

0d42999a698f7ce0f134e8006502f8b6.jpg

1a0231dcc7ac1173e197bf617d6de3cc.jpg

Someone mentioned on the main thread in the last few weeks that they could possibly see a skull style face mask/bandana. As soon as I read that I realized that was exactly what I was seeing but hadn't been able to fully visualize until it was pointed out. Of course this is all just MOO.

I've watched the animated images our wonderful sleuthers created and I feel like the movement from image 1 to image 2 supports a fabric half face bandana.

Here is an example of the type of face bandana I see. Traditionally worn by bikers but of course not limited to them.

Yeah I can sorta see it but in both of your examples theres not really the question mark like shape that I see.

Again not disagreeing with you but just not what I personally see:(

Yeah I can sorta see it but in both of your examples theres not really the question mark like shape that I see.

Again not disagreeing with you but just not what I personally see:(

I agree with you. I haven't found an image of the exact skull shape. If BG does have a skull scarf, the skull has a top to it and doesn't end at the eyes like my images.

Quoting this for picture...

This shape doesn't look like a skull outline. Has this pic been altered other than the sides?

ETA - Nor does it look like a plastic bag handle at this point.

Could LE have purposely blurred out physical evidence they don't want us to see in the pic?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here are the results of my experiment trying to create a full face using a mirrored overlay (left to right). I used my original but adjusted (face lined up properly)photo as the base, I cut out a section of the left side of his face. I then reversed the overlay to create a mirrored image. I placed it as best I could on the right side of his face, faded the overlay to 70 percent to blend and that is it. See what you thin

Mirrored Image, unsharpened exposure
attachment.php

Mirrored Image, sharpened exposure
attachment.php

Original Adjusted to start.as base photo for comparison
attachment.php
I see a mustache on the edited images that I didnt see before. Anyone else?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I see a mustache on the edited images that I didnt see before. Anyone else?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I see it too. Same light brown-dirty blonde as what I'm assuming is his hair.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members