GUILTY IN - Jada Justice, 2, Gary, 16 June 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi all, I'm a longtime lurker, but this case hits so close to home. I live in Illinois, 20 minutes away from where Jada vanished. Everyday I keep my eyes peeled for her.

I have a few comments, one is that earlier, someone posted a link to Jada's aunt's journal. I read the journal and every single comment that people left, and in response to one, Jada's aunt states that after talking to Engelica after she was released from jail, "her story made more sense" and that Engelica loved Jada and wouldn't want to hurt her. I will have to go back and look for the exact quote, but I just wanted to throw that out there for now. I wonder what Engelica could have said (or made up). The aunt also said she was not going to speculate or keep talking about Engelica, that she only wanted to bring Jada home.

Also, I really want to know why she drove to Gary for a gallon of milk. I believe she lived in Hobart, which isn't that bad of an area compared to Gary. Why she would drive to GARY for just some milk, and leave a 2 year old in an unlocked car is beyond me. I fully believe that Jada was NOT in the car with her at that time, so maybe she drove to Gary because she figured people would believe that someone would kidnap a baby in such a crime ridden area. I also agree with the previous poster, if someone really did kidnap Jada, why would they not just take the car? That would have made Engelica's story much more believable.

Ok, i'm new at this so bear me. This is the comment Jada's aunt made regarding Engelica's story when she got out of jail;

Thank you for your support.

Well, that was our first thought; for various reasons. And, we had a few interviews on tv talking about how we'll forgive her if she is hiding something.

She was let out of custody yesterday and she explained further explained her story and it made more sense.

If anything she hasn't done anything to hurt her; she never would.

And here's the link: http://akikomiyahara.deviantart.com/journal/25378434/?commentsorder=2&offset=310#comments

The aunt also wrote an update in her journal that I hadn't seen before, stating that there have been 10 "confirmed" sightings of Jada playing outside, and that all of the sightings were from the same area.

Hi loresbsp. The drive from Engelica's to the gas station was quick, it is close.
Here is the route:
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Jada%20Justice/?action=view&current=047.jpg

There are probably a few other places where she could get milk but I was thinking cigs are cheaper at Glen Park maybe. Just to give her the benefit of the doubt.

BUT... the aunt's page says no milk, no cigs. So, that is that. I don't think that baby was ever in the car that night and I hope to he!! the cops are thinking.

I'd lean on burn boy.

Hi Amanda,

Yes, it was close, I guess I just don't understand why someone would drive to Gary with a baby, even if cigs were cheaper. I guess I'm just paranoid, but when I'm alone or with a young child, I'll drive to "safer" places for errands (even though I no place can ever really be completely safe).

It's really bothering me how stupid Engelica's story is. If she was going to make up a story like this, WHY THE HECK WOULDN'T SHE BUY THE MILK AND CIGS, just to add some kind of credibility to her story! I also think the boyfriend knows something. What a freaking coincidence that his girlfriend's cousing goes missing, and he has burns all over his face...but he won't say how he got them...or take a poly. Ugh.

I really want to know how Engelica "further explained her story" to make Jada's aunt so sure that she woudn't hurt her. I think maybe she or her boyfriend hurt her accidentally and made up that bs story. Or maybe she really was kidnapped, but it happened under different circumstances that they don't want to admit to. Like maybe they left Jada home alone, or took her to a park but weren't paying attention to what she was doing.

I'm watching the repeat of Nancy's show, but it seems there wasn't an explanation given as to why the car wasn't locked. Also was it a 2 dr. or 4 dr. car? It seems strange that with an unlocked car that the "perp" who "allegedly" took Jada didn't try to take the car instead since that would usually be the first thing somebody hanging around a gas station at night might try. MOO

Hi Panthera! The car is 1991 maroon Cadillac Fleetwood, and IIRC it was the sedan, so 4 door.

:cow: I think the door was unlocked because her story is bs. But I think she's doing the whole "I was only going to be in there for a minute!" song and dance.

If it was a perp it doesn't make sense that they wouldn't take the car... she might not have left the keys in the car. She's full of it though. I don't believe one word that is coming out of her or her boyfriend's mouth.

:wave:Welcome to loresbsp and Hoosier Mama! It's great to have locals here!:wave:

Hi loresbsp. The drive from Engelica's to the gas station was quick, it is close.
Here is the route:
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Jada%20Justice/?action=view&current=047.jpg

There are probably a few other places where she could get milk but I was thinking cigs are cheaper at Glen Park maybe. Just to give her the benefit of the doubt.

BUT... the aunt's page says no milk, no cigs. So, that is that. I don't think that baby was ever in the car that night and I hope to he!! the cops are thinking.

I'd lean on burn boy.

I would too. Its been reported that he was questioned and released early in the investigation and nothing more. I don't get that. He was at least involved in the cover-up... I think that Jada was missing awhile before EC's little trip to the store.

I wish that they would give us more information.

I wonder if the babysitter sold her, and the meet up place was the side of the gas station? She's an absolutely gorgeous child. I hate even having that thought.

I wonder if the babysitter sold her, and the meet up place was the side of the gas station? She's an absolutely gorgeous child. I hate even having that thought.

She is adorable, I don't think that she was in the car at the gas station because the K9's didn't even get her scent in the vehicle. That's not to say something like that did not happen though. Maybe a drug debt?

I dunno, I have a really bad feeling that there is not going to be a happy ending in this story and the most we can hope for is answers. I really hope I'm wrong.

Such a beautiful lil girl. I pray that lil Jada is safe and that she is returned home to her mom & dad and her siblings ... poor lil angelface

Police: Baby sitter appeared high during 1st interview

By Deborah Laverty
Wednesday, June 24, 2009 | (No comments posted.)

GARY | Jada Justice's 18-year-old baby sitter appeared to be under the influence of some sort of substance the night she reported the 2-year-old girl missing, Gary police Cmdr. Anthony Titus said Tuesday.

"We know there was something she was intoxicated with," Titus said, without going into further detail. "I can't say it was cocaine, but there was something. ... It was obvious."

But police will never know for sure because they never tested the baby sitter, Engelica Castillo, Titus said.

(more at link)

http://www.nwi.com/articles/2009/06/24/news/top/doc0c8f5880d6e7bcc7862575de00829045.txt

Snipped

It is a rare occasion when I go through Gary, but I don't even ride through that city without locking my doors (mostly I just avoid going there.) I could not imagine anyone leaving a baby in an unlocked car at a gas station there. Heck, I wouldn't even sit in an unlocked car at a gas station there.

Oh my goodness, I am so surprised to learn that about Gary In. I can still hear Ron Howard as Opie singing about the town where he was born in Music Man :blowkiss:

Oh my goodness, I am so surprised to learn that about Gary In. I can still hear Ron Howard as Opie singing about the town where he was born in Music Man :blowkiss:

Me too!! I was a nerd even when I was a kid... that and "Bedknobs and Broomsticks" were my favorite movies!

:genie:
Gary, Indiana
Gary, Indiana
Gary, Indiana
Not Louisiana, Paris, France, New York, or Rome, but--
Gary, Indiana,
Gary, Indiana,
Gary Indiana,
My home sweet home.
:genie:

My favorite was "Sha poo pie" :crazy::Banane57:

Adjust as necessary

Jada Justice, 2 years old, Gary IL
*DOB: August ?, 2006

*2'2", 35lbs, black hair, brown hair, light brown complexion

*last seen wearing an orange skirt, white tank top with orange and green stripes, white sandals and pick underwear

*missing since june 16th

*reward up to $10,000

*Gary: where Jada went missing, police also searching in neighborhoods in in Hobart (AC's home) and Portage County (MS's home)

*6.22, to ensure communication among each other all agencies involved including Lake County prosecutor, FBI, and U.S. Attorney's met, little has been said about the meeting beyond it "went well"

*6.23, LE has "sent via computer a nationwide notice of Jada's disappearance to other police agencies"

*LE says no custody dispute, no reason to believe a family member could have taken her

Babysitter/Jada's cousin: Engelica Castillo
*18 YO, DOB 9.6.1990

*lives with boyfriend in the 3925 Missouri Street, Hobart

*reported Jada missing from her car in a Gary Glen Park gas station parking lot when she went in to the store to purchase a gallon of milk, cigarettes and a case of water @ 9.40 pm, 1401 E Ridge Road, Gary Ind, reports that she was in store for less than a minute and a half, did not come home with the case of water

*car was left unlocked

*6.19? arrested as a POI, but authorities have since released her as "preliminarily it did not appear she had anything to do with the toddler’s disappearance, released thursday nite after Lake County prosecutor rejected charging information presented by Gary police (felony charge of neglect of a dependent)

*police in neighboring city of Holbert obtained search warrants on Wednesday, found bloody crib sheets but blood came from a dog in heat and shifted investigation back to Gary, found drugs and FBI led Gang Response Investigative Team were at the home for a time on Wed

*shorty after search began suspicious items were found by someone, police determined that most of the dirt had not been distubed, police took some evidence but did not say what

*may have been driving a 1991 maroon Cadillac Fleetwood or a 1999 Chevy tahoe, customers saw no one in the car when EC was in the store

*refusing to take a polygraph

*LE certain that EC under the influence of drugs the night she reported that Jada was missing, possibly cocaine. LE concerned that arrest would be necessary to get EC's consent for testing which may have resulted in EC not co-operating with search efforts

*on 6.23 several attempts made by media to reach EC were unsuccessful

Tim Tkachick: EC's boyfriend
*23 YO, DOB 7.25.85

*Family of origin "issues": Abusive father (DV, extreme animal cruelty), father committed suicide after killing his wife and wife's sister

*Jada's family concerned because boyfriend is burned on face and arms, has not been able to give an explaination for his burns and/or LE is not releasing this information

*questioned and released early in the investigation

*refused to take a polygraph

Mother: Melissa Swiontek, 27
*left daughter on June 8th to vacation with boyfriend, was to pick up Jada on 20th

*has taken polygraph

Father: Clarence Justice
*lives in Hammond

*said that he does not believe EC, "Why are you going to park on one side of the building while it’s raining outside pouring rain if you got to go in the store and get some milk,” he said. “Why wouldn’t you park in the front and run in and grab the milk? Why would you leave the doors unlocked so somebody could grab a child out of the car?”

*has taken polygraph

Step-mother: Elizabeth Justice
*said the girl spent "every other weekend" at the couple's Hammond home (this was reported in the Post Tribune, I think that it needs to be varifiied?)

Mike Valdez: Uncle
Asks:
*why didn't AC leave Jada with her boyfriend?
*why didn't she go to convenience stores closer to her home?
*why weren't police dogs able to pick up Jada's scent at the scene?

*said Jada was w/ EC because MS was planning to go out of town with the boyfriend and was staying with friends

Alyssa Huerta: Jada's aunt
Reports:
*EC has past history with gangs and drugs, currently is not involved
*EC did return with milk and cigarettes that she reported to purchase at store, did not return with case of water

EDIT: Astros have DOBs, I'll go upstairs to get them... thanks Neptunian!
EDIT: Polygraph information, convenience store items information... thanks Pegatha!
EDIT: EC and TT DOB, TT family of origin issues... thanks Astros

Nice summary daisy.faithful. Last night on Nancy Grace the mother was on and said that the milk and cigs did get bought. Somebody (I can't remember if it was Nancy or the mother) said she was going out for milk, cigarettes, and a case of water. But she only bought the milk and cigarettes. It seems this came from the store clerk. I don't know if something happened to the milk and cigs afterwards to start the story that they didn't exist.

I was watching right before I fell asleep, so I can't remember exactly who said what, but the info came up during the interview of the mother. She confirmed that she and the father had taken polygraphs but as far as she knows the cousin had not. Did anyone else see the interview?

Hi Daisy,

We have the dob's, thank you. We have been discussing this in Case Briefings. Later today I want to post notes for Engelica, whose transits have caught our attention. (After my daughter's swimming lesson:) )

Hi Daisy,

We have the dob's, thank you. We have been discussing this in Case Briefings. Later today I want to post notes for Engelica, whose transits have caught our attention. (After my daughter's swimming lesson:) )

I'll be up there to check it out. I hadn't seen you all down here so I thought you might be needing information.

Hi Daisy,

I'll be up there to check it out. I hadn't seen you all down here so I thought you might be needing information.

Daisy, there are several commentaries regarding Jada Justice on Case Briefings in the Forensic Astrology Forum if you (or anyone else) are interested. Start with #167, page 7 and go forward from there.

'Last Seen' chart clearly indicates fabrication of story on EC's part.

Thanks,
Soulscape

Thanks for your warm welcomes everyone. I still have so many questions and things that just don't sit right.

-Who, besides Engelica and her boyfriend, was the last person to see Jada alive? Were Engelica's neighbor's questioned, maybe one of them remembers seeing her that day or the day before. The timeline is so blurry.

-Why didn't the mom try to contact her child more frequently while on vacation? I'm 23 and married, and my mom still freaks out if I don't check in with her at least every other day.

-Was Engelica only watching Jada? Where were Melissa's other children?

-If Jada was not with Engelica when she went to the gas station, I still want to know why she chose that particular gas station. Obviously, milk and cheap cigs were not on her mind, concocting that ridiculous story was. So why that gas station?

-Why has the 911 call not been released? I would love to hear it. We heard the ones for Haleigh and Caylee, why not Jada?

-The cops in NW Indiana and NE Illinois are definetely not known for being gentle. I'm really surprised they haven't scared Engelica and her boyfriend into confessing or at least changing their story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back