GUILTY IN - Jada Justice, 2, Gary, 16 June 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
According to this article the babysitters house is being considered as a crime scene. That is worrisome. However, later in the article it states the Police still hope to find Jada alive.

http://nwi.com/articles/2009/06/25/news/top/doc5ee8f4ff7bbab1cd862575df007dcda0.txt

It is so frustrating that so many people lie. If people could just tell the truth think how many missing children could be found. She reminds me of Misty in the Halleigh Cummings case. The last known person to see the missing child is the babysitter and neither one is telling the whole truth (IMO). It may only be because they are afraid to get in trouble for something unrelated like drugs or being with someone they aren't suppose to be with. But if they could just be less selfish about their own failings and tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth, there might be a real clue that the police could follow.

It's a very bad thing when LE comes out and publicly states a POI was high during questioning or even appeared to be high.

We have to ask ourselves...now why would they share that with the media?

I'm thinking maybe because people will come forward saying that she's done drugs before, even though Melissa said she was not aware that her cousin did drugs.

What do you think?

I hope and pray that this little angel face is brought home safe!
Now as far as Angelica, do we know if she is currently involved in gang activity? From the above post it sure looks like she likes to run with gang members, so is it possible that this could be retaliation of some sort?

And as far as her boyfriend, has it been confirmed that he is involved in gang activity as well, hence the gang unit being involved? Any theory is possible, but I figured I would throw it out there.

As an addition to my previous post, regarding the way Engelica grew up, it's worth noting (although I TRULY believe in my heart that he is not involved in any way) that Clarence grew up in what was then known as the Carmelite Home for Boys in Hammond. Back then, I wasn't sure if it was for orphans or "bad kids" but I found this.

The home has been helping boys in the community since 1953, when it was founded by the Carmelite Sisters. It is a residential facility for boys 5 to 18 years old placed there by the Department of Family and Children Services or the Juvenile Probation Department. They also operate the Safe Haven Emergence Shelter.

http://www.thetimesonline.com/artic...ly_focus/8bf275bcf3d141de8625706e001c3e4e.txt

I think that since the investigation seems to have come to many dead ends, it might be time to branch out, think outside the box. I went to school with those boys, they were all very, very nice boys. But Engelica's childhood is proof that kids who aren't loved properly tend to grow up and be adults that can't love properly.

Also, as a newbie, and really, a person who has no business speculating, I have some guilt even adding my two cents. I just want to say that I in NO WAY think Clarence did this, I am just merely suggesting that the whole group of them the mother, father, babysitter, boyfriend have histories and its worth leaving no stone unturned to find this baby.

:Welcome-12-june::newbie: from IN! Great first posts~! ITA with what you are saying!

I'm wondering something and in no way am I blaming the mom or pointing fingers but I am curious as to why mom didn't leave Jada w/ the dad and stepmom? Sounds from media reports like there is a decent relationship there.

Just askin'.

I'm thinking maybe because people will come forward saying that she's done drugs before, even though Melissa said she was not aware that her cousin did drugs.

What do you think?

I think LE pretty much has an idea who did what to Jada Hester. Yesterday the LE came right out and said that Engelica was on some type of drug during the interview (not exact wording).

Then above we have an article posted: by pegatha
http://nwi.com/articles/2009/06/25/news/top/doc5ee8f4ff7bbab1cd862575df007dcda0.txt

What caught my eye is this:

(statement by Hobart Deputy Police Chief Jeff White)

...Investigators on Wednesday singled out the Hobart home of Jada's 18-year-old baby sitter as a place of interest in the case...

...White said Castillo, who is also Jada's cousin, and her boyfriend have not been working well with authorities.

"If I were in her shoes, I'd be a lot more cooperative with the police," White said.

I think LE is stating that they hope to find Jada alive for the sake of her parents.

I also think that when LE comes right out and says the POI was under the influence of drugs during an interview and then states she's not cooperating well with them...they are trying to put pressure on her. Pressure from the community and pressure from her own family.

JMHO.

It is my opinion after reading the posts here and news articles that Engelica is involved and that Jada may have been hurt accidently and the plan to cover it up emerged and had to happen by the June 16th date because Melissa was due back on June 20th. I want to know how much time she actually really spent in the store, was there video surveillance of her leaving the store? Coming in?

An abductor would have had to A) Notice there was a child in the car (it was 9pm and dark where she parked) B) Decide to go over to the car and open the door, lean in the car and remove Jada's car seat straps in the dark without Jada screaming. C) Depending on the car seat he or she would have had to figure out how to open the straps - MY SISTER still can't manage to undue mine without help. D) he or she would have had to do this without anyone seeing and in a very short period of time.

Did the abductor walk away with Jada? Get in another car? Did anyone hear another car there?

It is my opinion that Jada was not in that car and she parked in the dark area so that no one would see her empty car, she went to Gary because it is a bad neighborhood, her bf is burned because either they destroyed evidence in a fire or there was a fire/accident someplace where JAdA got hurt. It seems that while high she thought her story would be believable.

It is darn better than blaming a nanny that doesn't exist.

I think they shold let her out and let the family get it out of her. The girl knows exactly what happened to this baby. I'm willing to bet she is most fearful of this child family then she is of LE.

I think they shold let her out and let the family get it out of her. The girl knows exactly what happened to this baby. I'm willing to bet she is most fearful of this child family then she is of LE.

IIRC jn, she is out and at home. Reporters have said they have tried to contact her for comment and can't get her.

Is she staying at her Mother's? IIRC I read that?

ETA: oh yes I bet she is too. Someone in that family is going to get it out of her. Hopefully.

It is my opinion after reading the posts here and news articles that Engelica is involved and that Jada may have been hurt accidently and the plan to cover it up emerged and had to happen by the June 16th date because Melissa was due back on June 20th. I want to know how much time she actually really spent in the store, was there video surveillance of her leaving the store? Coming in?

An abductor would have had to A) Notice there was a child in the car (it was 9pm and dark where she parked) B) Decide to go over to the car and open the door, lean in the car and remove Jada's car seat straps in the dark without Jada screaming. C) Depending on the car seat he or she would have had to figure out how to open the straps - MY SISTER still can't manage to undue mine without help. D) he or she would have had to do this without anyone seeing and in a very short period of time.

Did the abductor walk away with Jada? Get in another car? Did anyone hear another car there?

It is my opinion that Jada was not in that car and she parked in the dark area so that no one would see her empty car, she went to Gary because it is a bad neighborhood, her bf is burned because either they destroyed evidence in a fire or there was a fire/accident someplace where JAdA got hurt. It seems that while high she thought her story would be believable.

It is darn better than blaming a nanny that doesn't exist.

Good post....that makes sense to me too and could be a possibility.

:wave:Welcome to loresbsp and Hoosier Mama! It's great to have locals here!:wave:

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Oh my goodness, I am so surprised to learn that about Gary In. I can still hear Ron Howard as Opie singing about the town where he was born in Music Man :blowkiss:

Yeah, Gary is not what it used to be. It used to be a thriving "steel" city. There were plenty of jobs at the steel mills, nice neighborhoods, lots of people -- a melting pot. It had some very beautiful architecture, which is now mostly crumbling to the ground. It is sad what it has turned into with the gangs, drugs, poverty and crime.

Thanks for your warm welcomes everyone. I still have so many questions and things that just don't sit right.

-Who, besides Engelica and her boyfriend, was the last person to see Jada alive? Were Engelica's neighbor's questioned, maybe one of them remembers seeing her that day or the day before. The timeline is so blurry.

-Why didn't the mom try to contact her child more frequently while on vacation? I'm 23 and married, and my mom still freaks out if I don't check in with her at least every other day.

-Was Engelica only watching Jada? Where were Melissa's other children?

-If Jada was not with Engelica when she went to the gas station, I still want to know why she chose that particular gas station. Obviously, milk and cheap cigs were not on her mind, concocting that ridiculous story was. So why that gas station?

-Why has the 911 call not been released? I would love to hear it. We heard the ones for Haleigh and Caylee, why not Jada?

-The cops in NW Indiana and NE Illinois are definetely not known for being gentle. I'm really surprised they haven't scared Engelica and her boyfriend into confessing or at least changing their story.

To the bolded parts (bolded by me)...

I believe that she chose that particular gas station because it was away from her home turf, where she might be recognized, but even moreso, because Gary is known to be a very high crime area, and she probably thought that no one would question her story. "Ohhhh, it happened in Gary? That explains it!"

And I agree with you about the cops around here. I really wish they would put the screws to those two, and make them talk!

This case is just breaking my heart! Little Jada looks so much like my beautiful niece (in my avatar...is that what it's called?) I have cried for this baby for the last couple of nights, praying that she is safe. I just wish the cousin would come clean and tell what really happened because it is obvious that she is a liar.

Positively disgusting.

"The mother of a babysitter at the center of a missing child investigation said she has filed a police complaint against the father of the missing girl, alleging he has intimidated the babysitter."

http://www.nwitimes.com/articles/2009/06/25/updates/breaking_news/doc4a43a1384f183585438698.txt

And the sad thing is, these people are related. This is not just an acquaintance or employee. This is a family that will never be the same. So sad.

Folks I think we have another enabler...:puke:

( I read the articles that our newbie from IN posted about Engelica :))

Heck its not out of my way I can get it out of her she better hope I dont run in to her :crazy: I never thought I would live so close to a case on WS. Sadly though I believe something happened to this sweet baby:(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daisy82504
Back