IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
qmfr re: cigarettes:
Is JC a marijuana enthusiast? One of his likes on FB is for a joint smoke shop:
https://www.facebook.com/BrianChadwell313/likes_all

Also, does he smoke cigarettes???

(Eta: So far I have not come across any indication of this, but I’m still on the cursory level, haven’t examined everything yet, still collecting data.)

Well I know he did at one time. Somewhere in the past three hours that I've been trolling his FB page, I saw a couple of photos of him with cigarettes. Of course, I can't find them NOW but I'll keep trying.
Please do, thank you.

How close to knowing his almost precise position on Monday, FEB 13, 2017 at 2:20pm are we? Can we reasonably place this slop in Delphi?

We need a timeline of those few months before the girls' were attacked at the bridge on FEB 13 that lists dates he acquired his last vehicle and model, [currently] laid off welder, Subaru?, 2017 work place, 2017 FB contacts, etal. We also need an insider.
edit: formatting
He was a lot of hit and miss during this case. He appeared in court on 3/14/2016 and had so many bench warrants, I can’t tell if he ever showed up but it covers 2016 - 2017
Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase

So I've been looking around the interwebs a little, and I can't understand all the people who seem to think that JBC was in jail from the early 000's through 2015 and in to 2016. Do they just assume if he served 100% of all jail terms in custody???

@margarita25 we have evidence to support that JBC was out on supervised release from SD in 2011, do we not?

Do people really believe a newspaper snippet about an original sentence, and not government issued judicial system documents?? Lawd help us all if we are in court, and these folks are our peers :oops::eek::rolleyes:. JMO.

Focus back where it should be.
Is there any news on how the little victim in Lafayette is doing?

Great question, @k-mac!

I've often wondered if the perpetrator "hid" his "trophies" or "reminders" somewhere in the area around the Tippecanoe River or somewhere around the crime scene vicinity (but not too close).

Perhaps this pic is in an area where he hid some "trophies" or "reminders". Whenever I see his "water" photos I think of this as well.
100% Zen!
You expanded on my thoughts totally. Think your right o_O

That picture specifically is eerie to me.
The background is not picturesque persay...its dense foliage like....I dunno....A highly suspect place to hide something maybe.
It looks to me like an area if you asked search personal to describe where they find the most sketchy stuff....I think this is what they would present.

That there is a rotting item in the background no matter what it is exactly, IMO it matters to him and that is what the pic is taken to detail(for him).
Lets take comfort in whatever we are looking at LE are too. :cool:

eta took out accidental capitals/typos

Last edited:
So I've been looking around the interwebs a little, and I can't understand all the people who seem to think that JBC was in jail from the early 000's through 2015 and in to 2016. Do they just assume if he served 100% of all jail terms in custody???

@margarita25 we have evidence to support that JBC was out on supervised release from SD in 2011, do we not?

Do people really believe a newspaper snippet about an original sentence, and not government issued judicial system documents?? Lawd help us all if we are in court, and these folks are our peers :oops::eek::rolleyes:. JMO.

(I haven’t interpreted or processed any data yet, still in robot fetch mode - here is quick link to some SD notes for reference (not exhaustive))

Eta: @CrimeAway, thanks just had a good idea to put these two together in one post for easy cross reference:

Found Deceased - SD - Alicia Hummel, 29, found near boat ramp, Myron Grove / Meckling, 1 Jun 2015

Last edited:
Heavy has a lot of his history. I think he was out in SD before that because he had new cases in Indiana?

James Brian Chadwell: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

"... He was convicted in Cass County, Indiana for receiving stolen property, a felony, on June 9, 2016. ..
He had an ongoing court case in 2017 for receiving stolen property and probation violation, but no hearings in February 2017. ...his address was given as Kokomo, Indiana. That’s about 34 miles from Delphi. He was sentenced in June 2016. In August 2016, he allegedly violated probation. In November 2016, he was taken to jail and held without bond, but a few days later, the state and probation officer agreed “to an OR release of the defendant from the CCJ.” A hearing was scheduled for April 2017 in the case. ..."

There is so much more at the link - a career criminal IMO. It looks like he was out of jails and prisons in February 2017, and cases in Cass County, Indiana, which is adjacent to Carroll County (Delphi), so he was in the area.
I wonder why he was put on probation instead of parole after serving so long in prison.

How could this criminal not find the phone Libby recorded him on or was he so "just out of prison" not to even care or worry about it? Does sound like a criminal who just got out of prison with no cell phone knowledge. They have him on video, voice etc...had to be someone not up on tech stuff. He fits. jmo

I’d have to go back through his FB but JBC mentions dropping a phone 60+ feet and it still working. So maybe he tossed the phone from the bridge and LE found it and released the video and that’s when he realized it still worked. All MOO and a healthy dose of speculation.

FYI: I posted transcripts of the major press conferences / releases in the media thread

IN - Abigail Williams & Liberty German, Delphi, Media, Maps, Timelines NO DISCUSSION

February 14, 2017 Press Conference
Scene of the Crime Episode 3 (pg. 45)

February 15, 2017 Press Conference
Down the Hill Episodes 2 & 3 (pg. 46)

February 19, 2017 FBI Photo Description

February 22, 2017 Press Conference
Down the Hill Episode 4 (pg. 46)

July 2017 Press Conference
Scene of the Crime Episode 5 (pg. 45)
Down the Hill Episode 7 (pg. 46)

February 13, 2018 Press Conference
Scene of the Crime Episode 5 (pg. 45)

April 2019 Press Conference
Scene of the Crime Episode 6 (pg. 45)
Down the Hill Episode 8 (pg. 46)

April 22, 2019
PRESS RELEASE: "New Face of the Delphi Murder Suspect"

April 24, 2019
Multi-agency Task Force Clarifies Points about Delphi Murder Suspect Sketches

According to his FB posts he was in prison for almost 13 1/2 years. I'm not sure about jail. I think he got out in 2016? Maybe he spent time in jail when he committed the crimes in 2018? Or was it 2019? I can't keep track. Imo

Last edited:
According to his FB posts he was in prison for almost 13 1/2 years. I'm not sure about jail. I think he got out in December 2016? Maybe he spent time in jail when he committed the crimes in 2018? Or was it 2019? I can't keep track. Imo

For reference, here’s a link to the media thread; I am still working on it and bringing over everybody’s posts from the main threads, but if you bookmark this link it has a lot of reference material with prison records, court records, etc,. :)

IN - James Chadwell II, 42, missing girl, 9, found in his home, 19 April 2021, MEDIA *NO DISCUSSION*

Last edited:
re: the tattoos. I found some posts where he shows a rather nice ink design. Apparently he's a tattoo artist. I don't know whether there's any significance, but I thought it was interesting.

I think this is the first one. There's some discussion in the comments from people who have had tats done by him. Also comments about artistic talent in his family

Facebook..

Progress report.
Facebook..

In the comments, EAW asks if he tattoos and he says yeah.

Facebook..

A few days later he posts the finished design with a rather creepy comment about working on flesh:

Facebook..

Though I gotta say, that's a really nice design.

Oddly enough it looks like trumps hair style wavy and the way it goes over the ears.
very distinct

About the two sketches - I think it’s possible that Sketch 1 was drawn from the sketch artist’s perception of BG taken from LG’s cellphone. Basically it appears to be what most of us see when looking at BG.

Sketch 2 could be from what a witness saw that day. Which would likely be a better depiction of what BG actually looks like.

Speculation and MOO.
He really does look like Both... just different ages

Inside Edition asked a top forensic audio expert at Garett Discovery audio lab in Orlando [legal digital forensic experts] to compare BG’s voice with that of JC to see if there’s a match. He used JC’s voice from a few of his social media posts and was asked if he was able to say there are any similarities between the two sources of audio.

“No, I’m not, Steven. Basically the audio file [Guys, down the hill] ) is a little too short. When you only have 3 seconds, it’s just not enough time to figure out those kinds of characteristics”.

Is ‘Down the Hill’ Audio Able to Be Analyzed for Similarities to Man Officials Are Reportedly Investigating?

Contact Garrett Discovery - Legal Digital Forensics Experts Near You USA

(Thank you, notating in media thread)

Last edited:
I can't say for sure that the voices are a match, but there is nothing that I can hear to suggest that they are not a match.

Inside Edition asked a top forensic audio expert at Garett Discovery audio lab in Orlando [legal digital forensic experts] to compare BG’s voice with that of JC to see if there’s a match. He used JC’s voice from a few of his social media posts and was asked if he was able to say there are any similarities between the two sources of audio.

“No, I’m not, Steven. Basically the audio file [Guys, down the hill] ) is a little too short. When you only have 3 seconds, it’s just not enough time to figure out those kinds of characteristics”.

Is ‘Down the Hill’ Audio Able to Be Analyzed for Similarities to Man Officials Are Reportedly Investigating?

Contact Garrett Discovery - Legal Digital Forensics Experts Near You USA

According to his FB posts he was in prison for almost 13 1/2 years. I'm not sure about jail. I think he got out in 2016? Maybe he spent time in jail when he committed the crimes in 2018? Or was it 2019? I can't keep track. Imo

I guess I should have used the term "in custody" or maybe "incarcerated." Not all jurisdictions differentiate between jail and prison, JMO.

How could this criminal not find the phone Libby recorded him on or was he so "just out of prison" not to even care or worry about it? Does sound like a criminal who just got out of prison with no cell phone knowledge. They have him on video, voice etc...had to be someone not up on tech stuff. He fits. jmo
I kind of think that's what they found in the water. They searched the water and definitely said " I got it" about something (just take this as an opinion bc noooo way I can find that info from 2017). I dont think he knew she recorded him. I dont think he would take it with him. But I do think he might toss it in the water, real quick, to get rid of it. Most teens I know have waterproof cases, though, cause they are kids! And the parents don't want to have to constantly buy a new phone. So.it would have survived.

If his FB gets taken down, I have a Google sheets (can’t link rn because I’m on my phone) that has his post publishing times and their accompanying text. Sadly I couldn’t download pics due to storage issues, but luckily other lovely people from WS and Reddit have downloaded all of them lol.

*in addition.. @margarita25 ... if you are storing your screenshots of JBC FB online (like Google drive), lmk. I might be able to find a way to add links to the posts in Google drive to my spread sheet

Yes, @margarita25 this is true about needing SSs stored offsite so images can be linked to the spreadsheet data_nerd developed. It's a hearty lot of photos and memes but if first, we get screens around the FEB 13 date of vehicles, locations...
Anyone interested in 8yo Elizabeth and 10yo Lyric's murder may want to grab screens for days surrounding their murders.

JBC_Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member