IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on how it's defined in the Indiana code, I'm thinking it could be two different types of acts/attempts.
Agreed. I have seen cases where they have say 15 counts of sexual assault. Which meant 15 different "times" or individual events. I think this one is marked by one successful and one attempted. Aka, interrupted.

I'm not understanding the 2 counts of child molesting. Anyone else have thoughts on why?

A possibility:
I wondered if it was an added charge for knowing she was under 14:
A person can be convicted of attempted child molestation, if he or she believed the child to be under 14 at the time, even if the child wasn't.

Indiana Rape and Sexual Assault Laws - FindLaw

If he had any chance at bond he would have to go into hiding. There are too many people who would want to kill him, and I can't blame them if what was posted here from behind the paywall article is in fact what happened. (Which I have no reason to believe otherwise.)

My opinion only, all speculation.

Hi, new here but been a lurker for a long time following the delphi case and decided might as well sign up and join in lol Anyway I would like to point out that I am a 51 year old woman whose ring finger is size 4 and my middle and index are size five. My mom is also size 5 and several adult female friends I know are size 5 as well. This Is the Average Ring Size for Men and Women According to that average size for a woman's ring finger is 6. I am a little petite but still more then likely he got those for one of the women he was dating. Ive been snooping on his social media accounts since the story first broke and hes had a few women he was serious with. One in particular he said something to the effect of "forget about the engagement party, she wont even speak to me now" or something like that

Hello and welcome, thank for your insight.

Oh, Dear Lord...

A knock on James Brian Chadwell II's door by police officers interrupted his sexual assault of a 9-year-old girl he had locked in his basement, forcing him to quickly dress and answer the door, according to prosecutors.

[More details @ link]
Lafayette crime: Man with girl in basement charged with attempted murder

"...officers found the basement door with a chain lock attached. "

Planned. I need to know how many other times he's done this or something similar.

This can't be right can it? "Chadwell is currently being held on a $50,000 cash bond."

How about NO bail?????
I’m still catching up, but saw that too, and was like WTH - I’m thinking this is old information from the previous article, not removed when they added the update.

Planned. I need to know how many other times he's done this or something similar.
Straight out of Castro.

Is he going to try for an Insanity Defense?

"At the end of his hearing, Chadwell asked, "Who do I speak with about a psychological evaluation?"

Magistrate Sarah Wyatt told him he needed to speak with his [court appointed] attorney."

Lafayette crime: Man with girl in basement charged with attempted murder
Ugh. But maybe that's why he let police in -- he knew the gig was up either way and if he acted like nothing was wrong he could possibly claim insanity (didn't know right from wrong).

BBM:
I don't have strong feelings one way or the other whether he could be involved in other cases, but his very carefully researched social media presence and personality (great work everyone!) immediately made me think he was a typical King Baby personality, very common among addicts and alcoholics. Refusal to grow up, craves instant gratification, and throws tantrums when things don't go their way, along with a good dose of narcissism.

King Baby Syndrome

That’s a new one (to me)...learning something new here every day.

I felt that way as I read the chain lock as well. It seems very possible he may have planned for such an event.
JMO- there is a whole diff level here in this monster's compulsive instincts. He wasn't pacing worried because the cops were outside his door, what if I get caught, etc. He was as it was reported "interrupted"

Last edited:
His review of Home for Hope is certainly interesting.

Indeed, according this he’s not into drugs (or so he says).

He also reviewed
La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Goodlettsville - Nashville
120 S Cartwright St, Goodlettsville, TN 37072

&

Oceanside Inn

*all very interesting and good reference, good work everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member