GUILTY IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Mod Note

Good Morning great fellow sleuths!
As we start the day, it is important that we bring forward the rules as a fresh reminder. Posts that have been and will continue to be removed from the thread include:
-Social Media Screenshots
-Sleuthing Friends and Family
-Direct accusation and connection to other cases

While the suspect in this case has led to many of us scratching our head, we still need to keep conversation within the TOS and Rules. The last thing we want is for the thread to get shut down or to issue individual thread bans in an effort to protect the quality standards here at WS.

Thanks,
Tiff

Bringing forward the links and note provided by @Sillybilly yesterday:

As per TOS / The Rules, Etiquette & Information, we require links to ALL images and to information that is being stated as fact.

Please read the Social Media Rules found here and post accordingly or your post may be removed, along with all responses.

We do not have time to be constantly posting to remind members what they can and can not do. Everyone is responsible for knowing those rules and following them.

If you do not understand the rules, please private message a Mod or Admin and we will help clarify.

Sorry to sound short but dang, we are exceptionally busy here behind the curtain.

Thanks.

Hey everyone,

This thread has been pretty much taken over by discussion of the Delphi case. We know it's hard because everyone is so enthusiastic about seeing this dude go down for everything under the sun, but can we please try to keep Delphi related convo over in the the Delphi thread dedicated to Abby and Libby's case.

We don't want this little victim's case totally overshadowed. She deserves her own justice separate and apart from other cases.

Try your best !!

Thanks.

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

Leave the comments about the little sister and/or JBC's other family members out of this discussion. It is not victim friendly. They have done nothing wrong, they are not the perp, and they don't need to be seeing themselves discussed at Websleuths or all over the internet.

What's interesting is that he just pled guilty - he didn't "take a plea" in the sense that any of his charges were reduced, apparently.

His attorney had some interesting statements re: the Delphi murders in this article: Change of plea hearing for James Chadwell II in kidnapping case | wthr.com

(Public defender)Hughes had requested the change after some media reports indicated a link between the incident involving the 9-year-old girl and the unsolved murders of two girls in Delphi in 2017. For that reason, Chadwell's attorney had argued his client could not get a fair trial and he wanted a judge to move it.

"Personally, from my opinion, he had nothing to do with that. There's nothing to suggest, that I've seen, that I've been told, that he was part of that. So, I don't believe he had anything to do with the murders of Abigail and Liberty," said Shay Hughes, Chadwell's public defender.

Later in the same article, referring to why Chadwell pled guilty:

Hughes said his client takes responsibility for what happened.

"He owns it," Hughes said.

I think he is still a possible candidate for the murders of Abby and Libby but the possibility of a connection has faded quite a bit with the recent developments. The judge in this case also threw cold water on the idea that he would eventually rise to the level of a suspect in the Delphi case. There is nothing really to suggest that LE in the Delphi case are looking any harder at him than they did at any of the people who the media have so far tried to link to the case. I don't think they will make a statement clearing him, just like they didn't for Thomas Bruce (whose trial is still going on), Paul Etter, etc etc. JMO.

That’s not a very convincing denial from his lawyer…… moo

That’s not a very convincing denial from his lawyer…… moo

I find it interesting that he would answer anything about this topic at all! He did invoke attorney-client privilege elsewhere in the article when asked why Chadwell decided to plead guilty at this juncture.

I am intrigued by his use of the words "nothing to suggest, that I've seen, that I've been told." Told by LE? If they had wanted to talk to Chadwell, his attorney would have necessarily been involved, I would think. JMO.

I find it interesting that he would answer anything about this topic at all! He did invoke attorney-client privilege elsewhere in the article when asked why Chadwell decided to plead guilty at this juncture.

I am intrigued by his use of the words "nothing to suggest, that I've seen, that I've been told." Told by LE? If they had wanted to talk to Chadwell, his attorney would have necessarily been involved, I would think. JMO.

Hmm IMO only if this attorney was representing or planning to represent JBC on charges related to the Delphi murders. MOO in fact the atty’s lukewarm denial of JBC’s involvement actually struck me as mostly a denial that he, the atty, wants anything to do with any such representation … I read him between the lines as primarily saying “I am not representing anyone involved in that” rather than “JBC didn’t do that” JMO

Here’s a link to a network-news clip with those comments from JBC’s atty & a response from the prosecutor (around 2 min mark), who says he didn’t discuss Delphi with anyone, as normal in an ongoing investigation -

eta - added time of referenced comment

Same here. Seeing his older mugshots when he had short hair, he looked almost youthful for his age. One day when studying the short video clip and image stills of BG, I could see it being JBC. And now that I've seen it, I can't unsee it, coupled with seeing JBC's build, height and the way he walks. JMO.

Oh boy, I am going down this rabbit hole. I have not looked into Chadwell, I am so convinced it is GK. In fact, I see GK now every time I watch the BG video. However, so many here feel the same way about Chadwell, so I am curious if I might change my mind after reading the threads and watching some videos. The one thing that discounted Chadwell for me was that he would have killed Abby and Libby, but kept this girl in his basement. And the MO is completely different with both crimes, but I will take a look.

Last edited:
Oh boy, I am going down this rabbit hole. I have not looked into Chadwell, I am so convinced it is DK. In fact, I see DK now every time I watch the BG video. However, so many here feel the same way about Chadwell, so I am curious if I might change my mind after reading the threads and watching some videos. The one thing that discounted Chadwell for me was that he would have killed Abby and Libby, but kept this girl in his basement. And the MO is completely different with both crimes, but I will take a look.
Please refresh my memory as to DK?

Oh boy, I am going down this rabbit hole. I have not looked into Chadwell, I am so convinced it is DK. In fact, I see DK now every time I watch the BG video. However, so many here feel the same way about Chadwell, so I am curious if I might change my mind after reading the threads and watching some videos. The one thing that discounted Chadwell for me was that he would have killed Abby and Libby, but kept this girl in his basement. And the MO is completely different with both crimes, but I will take a look.

I'd recommend going to his Facebook, if it's still there (pointer should be in an earlier post here) and study the photos and videos he posted. Lots of really interesting stuff. That was what made me think he would be a possibility for both Lyric and Lizzie and Libby and Abby, possibly others.

The possible differences in MO are interesting, to be sure, but we don't have a lot of information about how Abby and Libby died. Maybe something about it made him decide to move inside this time. We don't know where he would have left this girl if he had had time to complete his crime. Personally, I don't think he thinks or plans that much.

Chadwell is a violent, corrupt opportunist

Heights capable
Violent
Odd
Local
Bridge fan
Predator
Covered up for a walk (tattoos)

I don't know if everyone saw the video he had where he lays around watching his neighbothood through a window and encourages his dog to "see the kitty." i.e. inciting his dog to be a cat killer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back