GUILTY IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
RSBM

Abby and Libby were not preteen.

yes they were … I don’t remember if they’d turned 13, but they very clearly had that pre-teen look - length of limb but unmistakably still children.

The ?? for this claim IMO would be whether the 9-yo also came across as pre-teen - some 9-yos do & some are still just mere children.

But in any case all these girls’ ages put them into what IMO is the relevant category - too young & inexperienced to recognize or offer resistance when a pathetic cowardly adult man decides to victimize them … JMO

yes they were … I don’t remember if they’d turned 13, but they very clearly had that pre-teen look - length of limb but unmistakably still children.

The ?? for this claim IMO would be whether the 9-yo also came across as pre-teen - some 9-yos do & some are still just mere children.

But in any case all these girls’ ages put them into what IMO is the relevant category - too young & inexperienced to recognize or offer resistance when a pathetic cowardly adult man decides to victimize them … JMO

The girls were 13 and 14 and both 5' 4". Also, one was a large girl, weighing 200 lbs. Definitely not a pre-teen in appearance, imo.

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/liberty-german/@@download.pdf

The girls were 13 and 14 and both 5' 4". Also, one was a large girl, weighing 200 lbs. Definitely not a pre-teen in appearance, imo.

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/liberty-german/@@download.pdf

You don’t think so?? Look at those darling little faces! That’s what says preteen to me - a sweet child’s face on a body that could be adult height (even if these individual girls would’ve grown more, 5’4” is a common adult female height)

There’s also a way preteen girls behave that’s immediately recognizable - giggly & chattery, excited, nervous & insecure…. I bet just hearing the two little** best friends walk by would be enough to tell a lurking predator that he’d found some victims

(** yes you’re right they weren’t physically little! but IMO they were so clearly still children that to me at least they were darling li’l gals … I have a lot of preteen & teen girls in my life & I guess i have all kinds of special soft spots for them :) and come to think of it all kinds of special burning hatred for BG )

I would call them barely teens..this age is hardly seasoned teen territory...besides I think our killer has body types he likes, hair color etc..you have to remember that these victims are no more than objects to the killer... mOO

Chadwell is a violent, corrupt opportunist

Heights capable
Violent
Odd
Local
Bridge fan
Predator
Covered up for a walk (tattoos)

I don't know if everyone saw the video he had where he lays around watching his neighbothood through a window and encourages his dog to "see the kitty." i.e. inciting his dog to be a cat killer.
IMO, <modsnip >It’s interesting that his family hasn’t said much about him except for the one step brother and step father. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
she will never be the same... you recover only what is left..the trauma stays.mOO
I agree. All of the counseling in the world will never make the memory of that attack leave her mind and will have a never ending affect on her for the rest of her life. Personally, I’ve always felt that sexual assault should be punishable by the death penalty. IMO

Argh I started this thing about “pre teens” & then got busy & never came back! Sorry about that ….. my whole point was badly put with the emphasis on specific ages - teen / preteen etc. what I meant was this - there’s a growth point where interactions between men & girls change from adult/child to male/female. Girls who’ve hit this stage of maturity can pose a new level of risk to the ego & confidence of grown males. At this stage men begin to lose the automatic authority of an adult & instead have to compete for the girl’s attention against whatever else she might be interested in. So a child who ignores an adult’s outreach may be seen as a brat, disobedient, etc; but then a threshold is passed where a girl ignoring a man’s outreach may be seen as judging & rejecting him as worthy of interest as a man.

& what I meant to say all along about “preteens” was in reference to girls who haven’t hit this “woman” point - IMO every pic of Abby & Libby shows them not to have crossed this threshold (as girls of their ages usually have not!). That means a loser like JBC could approach them without risk to his “male ego” if they ignored him, in a way that would not be true with girls who were a few years older & more mature. This “kid not woman” category is what I meant by “preteen” above, so sorry for the imprecise & confusing word choice!

IMO Girls in this “kid not woman” category are a specific subtype, attracting predators who aren’t willing to take that “male ego” risk. This is the subtype that’s shared by all known & theorized victims of JBC. Preteen was my shorthand for it but I see how A&L’s ages made that seem off!

what is supplemental discovery? anyone? is it additional evidence?

According to definitions.uslegal.com: Supplemental discovery is a later set of questions or requests for information from the opposing party in a lawsuit, such as in the form of interrogatories or requests for production. ... It is governed by rules of civil procedure, which vary by state, as well as the court's deadline for discovery in the case.

The supplemental discovery in this case is likely documents/information that will be used to establish the habitual offender penalty for the charges that he has already pled guilty to.

It's not going to be evidence about other, suspected or unadjudicated crimes IMO.

I think the supplemental discovery is just to help the judge determine an appropriate sentence….as much as I would like to think it involves links to other crimes like Delphi, I pretty sure it doesn’t.

https://www.repository.law.indiana....rer=&httpsredir=1&article=1781&context=facpub

A quote from this article that might it explain it all.

“The “information sharing model,” a leading method of structuring judicial discretion at the sentencing stage of criminal cases, has attracted broad support from scholars and judges. Under this approach, sentencing judges should have access to a robust body of information, including written opinions and statistics, about previous sentences in similar cases. According to proponents, judges armed with that information can conform their sentences to those of their colleagues or identify principled reasons for distinguishing them, reducing inter-judge disparity and promoting rationality in sentencing law.”

structuring judicial discretion sounds like modifying judicial discretion, pressuring, informing, challenging and shaming judicial discretion.

perhaps judges have a responsibility to be highly informed..but if going against the judicial examples set forth.. maybe their rulings can be challenged and sentencing challenged..and here where a couple of wrong thinking judges can stack the deck..

ugh..my cousin is a judge, I don't know what he does with all this information..mOO

He had another supplemental discovery added. The sentencing date is still the same.

11/23/2021 = Discovery Filed
Supplemental Discovery 11.23.21
Filed By: State of Indiana
File Stamp: 11/23/2021

12/16/2021 = Sentencing Hearing
Session: 12/16/2021 9:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Meyer, Steven P

@Niner

11/30/2021 = Notice of Exclusion of Confidential Information
Cover Sheet
Filed By: Tippecanoe Co Probation

11/30/2021 = Pre-Sentence Investigation Report Filed
Filed By: Tippecanoe Co Probation